• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: Serbian Pole Sport Championship 2017 Sponsorship

Aerial Arts

Serbian Pole Sport Championship 2017
rzFK12D.jpg

http://serbian-polesport.com/en/home/
https://www.facebook.com/SerbianPoleSportChampionship/

Pre-proposal thread link

Proposal link on dashcentral.org
Manually vote on this proposal (DashCore - Tools - Debugconsole):
gobject vote-many 52826bd8f47f28cfeb9b392ee176657e462ff9dc8793354f0757a042315aec73 funding yes

Our proposal

We are proposing for the Dash community to become the Golden sponsor of the Serbian Pole Sport Championship 2017 held on the 1st of July in Belgrade, Serbia.

We are looking for 40 Dash for sponsorship + 10 Dash for winner and runnerup prizes + 5 Dash for Dash promo material cost and paperwallets for event attendants + 5 Dash for the proposal application fee, making a total of 60 Dash in one payment cycle (July).

Our competition is endorsed and recognized by the International Pole Sport and Art Federation (IPSAF) and is the National championship for the Republic of Serbia. The Serbian Pole Sport Championship 2017 is also a qualifying championship for Serbian and international athletes for the World Pole Sport Championship held in Orlando, USA in December 2017.

We offer Dash as our Golden sponsor the following visibility at our event:

The Dash logo would be displayed on the intro of every pole dance video of competitors made as the first and golden sponsor. Dash would be shown onstage on banners, and would have the most prominent position on all competition videos/banners/etc. Dash would be listed as a Golden sponsor on our competitions official website and social media. Our stage staff that will be visible on the majority of the event video recordings, streams or photos would wear Dash branded shirts. All category winners and runnerups will receive a prize in Dash, and all event attendants will receive a paperwallet for a fixed amount with their event ticket. We would arrange for a Dash info booth at the venue so that our visitors can get informed about Dash and its advantages. The booth would be staffed by @Dandy, a Masternode owner and a member of our event team. The booth would feature Dash promo material and Dash cupcakes that the event attendants will be able to buy after a short demo on how to use the Dash mobile wallet and how to import the paperwallet to their new mobile Dash wallet. Dandy introduced us to Dash, its instant transaction and budgeting features, as well as the regular investing by the Dash governing group. This would make Dash the first cryptocurrency ever to sponsor a Pole Dance competition and would give Dash the opportunity to enter into the Pole community.

Event background

As you may or may not know, Pole Sport is becoming a major sport, and we are working towards getting the status of an Olympics Sport (ongoing application with the Sport Accord for official sport recognition). We have an international organization named IPSAF – International Pole Sports and Arts Federation. IPSAF was created to unite, regulate, organize, lead and develop the practice and competition of Pole Sports and Art around the world. With sports recognition as its goal, IPSAF supports, represents and defends all affiliated country federations and has standardized competitions. Every country part of the federation can host National Pole Sport championships recognized and standardized by IPSAF and the Code of Points and is a qualifying championship for entering the World Pole Sport Championship.

The Serbian Pole Sport Championship is the only championship in our region endorsed and recognized by IPSAF, and is the qualifying championship for all Serbian and international athletes for entering the World stage and representing their countries. It is at the same time the National Pole Sport Championship of Serbia. This makes our event very important in the region and our sport.

Our championship will be held on the 1st of July in a renowned theater and culture institution in Belgrade – the Vuk Karadzic Cultural Institution. We have 40 competitors that have applied in various categories – amateur women, men and doubles, professional women, men and doubles, and an international open category. We have six judges on our panel, and all are internationally certified and very famous in the Pole Sport world as one of them is the President of IPSAF, and 3 of them are former world pole sport champions. We expect a large audience, as usual with this type of events, as Pole Sports is gaining extreme popularity in the last few years.

If you would like too see what pole dance is, here is our promo video from 2016 World Pole Sport Championship:

This is a video of one of our judges that will come to the Serbian Pole Sport Championship. She was the World Champion 2013, among other titles:

About me

My name is Nataša Belić, and I am the organizer of the Serbian Pole Sport Championship 2017, among other Pole related events. I am also a pole sport studio owner in Belgrade, an award winning international champion, and I have represented Serbia on the World Pole Sport Championship 2016 in London and placed 27th in the World. I also work in the IPSAF federation, as I am the vice president of the ethics committee of IPSAF and an international judge. I am very well connected with the entire Pole Sport community, and I travel at least two times per month to judge during the competition season.

By profession I am also a theoretical physicist and I have worked at the Rectorate of the University of Belgrade as a project manager for EU funded projects.

Visibility

The Dash logo would be visible on every video of the competition, promo videos, and videos of the competitors. The Dash logo would be put first, before all our other sponsors, as Dash will have the status of our Golden Sponsor. These videos go up on our YouTube channel, as well as the channel of the IPSAF - International Pole Sport and Art Federation, so they would have international visibility. Competition images, promotion videos and images as well as contestant videos will also be shared on our social media network which has a large audience and will be shared by other partners and affiliate accounts as well. The Dash logo will also be visible in the form of a banner on the main event stage in a prominent location. Also, as the poles need to be cleaned before each competitor gets on stage, our stage staff would wear shirts with the Dash logo. We would arrange for a Dash info booth at the venue so that our visitors can get informed about Dash and its advantages. The booth would feature Dash promo material and Dash cupcakes that the event attendants will be able to buy after a short demo on how to use the Dash mobile wallet and how to import a paperwallet to their new mobile Dash wallet The booth would be staffed by @Dandy, a Masternode owner and a member of our event team. 10 Dash would be assigned as prizes across all categories to category winners and runnerups, but based on category attendance. Dash will be the only sponsor with a booth at the event.

Why sponsor a pole event?

I think this competition would be a good opportunity for Dash to enter an entirely new niche. All Pole Sport events are linked in a way as all key organizers in the pole world are working together, so by sponsoring this event Dash would be entering the Pole Sports competition scene.

The Pole Sport community is a culturally powerful network of first adopters, as we are open minded and don’t care about stigmas in society and preconceptions people usually have. We are used to new ideas and checking them out by ourselves and not listening to the common opinion. Our community is open to all kinds of new and creative ideas and adaptation of technology is commonplace.

Also, as our sport is young, the collective is still very positive and sharing, so ideas spread fast in our community. Our sport is multicultural, and we usually travel a lot around the world on events, workshops, showcases and so on, so there is a big problem with different currencies and exchange rates. Dash would be a breakthrough in the Pole community as it would solve the primitive ways we are now paying for applications fees for competitions for example, or pay our workshops attendance fees in advance. It would also be a great option for the IPSAF federation to use, as our judges travel all over the world on competitions. Dash could easily become the new currency in our community if it enters it the right way.

Why Belgrade?

Belgrade is the capital city of Serbia, and is also one of the biggest cities on the Balkan peninsula. We have a population of about 2 million people. Our currency (Serbian dinar, roughly 124 RSD =‎ ‎€1) is oscillating way too fast and is unstable, so a majority of the population has their savings converted to euros or other currencies. Young people here are mostly programmers, who work in outsourcing or freelance. They are crippled by bureaucracy and various fees for receiving payment from abroad, and switching to a stable digital currency would make receiving payment much simpler. Raising awareness of Dash as digital currency and a viable alternative in such an environment can be very fruitful for the Dash community.

Project expenses

Estimated at €12000 for the following:
  • €2500 venue - rental
  • €1500 trussing system - rental
  • €1000 dance floor pavement - rental
  • €1500 competition poles
  • €1200 airplane transfer for 6 judges
  • €1800 living expenses for judges 30.6-2.7.2017 (accommodation, transportation, fees, dining)
  • €500 professional photographer, video maker and making of the promo video of the event, and videos of all competitors
  • €500 all printed materials, banners and posters
  • €1000 event staff
  • €500 marketing campaigns
  • €500 various
With local sponsors and sponsors from the pole sport world, we already have a financial basis for our competition. From the above we can see that the requested Dash funding would be covering about 40% of our expenses.

Please note: Dash will be visible as our Golden sponsor on our website sponsors page and we will start preparing all the Dash promo material as soon as the sponsorship proposal turns green (passes).

Thank you for taking the time to go through and vote on our proposal. We are looking forward to your feedback :) Below you can see the images of the test batch of our Dash cupcakes.

Proposal link on dashcentral.org
Manually vote on this proposal (DashCore - Tools - Debugconsole):
gobject vote-many 52826bd8f47f28cfeb9b392ee176657e462ff9dc8793354f0757a042315aec73 funding yes

tjv6fh6.jpg

Hsy8omn.jpg

Last edited:
Let me post an update on this proposal because I'm organising the Dash part of it.

The preparations are going forward as planned. I'm funding the promotional materials and I'm going to provide Dash that is going to be distributed to the audience at the event.
So whether the proposal passes or not, Dash will be present at the event. The only difference is that if the proposal doesn't pass, Dash will not be listed as the sponsor, it won't be as visible and it won't be given to the winners as a prize.

Dash T-shirts are ready and I made a first draft of the paper wallet with the Dash introduction text, that will be given out to the audience.
I expect Dash roll-up banners to be ready tomorrow.
DashPrep01.jpg
DashPrep02.jpg
DashPrep03.jpg

Another update.
I'll keep posting them when there is anything new to report, including the event itself, which is going to happen on July 1st.
Banners are here and also the girls from the Pole studio wanted to say hi to Dash community :)

DashPrep04.jpg
DashPrep05.jpg

Now, onto some more serious stuff.

I'll say again, for those that maybe didn't read this in the preproposal thread:
Dash sponsorship of this event was my idea. Also, I'm the one that donated 5 Dash for the proposal fee and I'm financing the marketing materials.
I'm a masternode owner and believer in Dash. I put a big part of my savings into Dash.
I really want to raise awareness about Dash in Serbia, where I live. I will continue to talk about Dash and get as many people into it as I can, no matter what happens to this proposal.

Now, why I think sponsoring this event is a good investment for the Dash budget?
I agree with some of the commenters on the proposal page that it's too early for mainstream adoption (we'll have to wait for Evolution for this), so it's better to invest in development than in marketing right now, but I think it's never too early to start informing people about Dash.
Those that hear about Dash for the first time at this event will start thinking about it and then when it becomes ready for mainstream adoption eventually, they will already have some idea about what it is and what are its benefits.
Also, I think there are already enough use cases for Dash, that people in Pole community may start considering it for transactions among themselves because it would save them a lot of money in exchange fees and transfers between different fiat currencies. Also, some of the Pole community members are from countries that don't really have stable economies, so using Dash for a savings account might be a very interesting alternative for them.

Another thing... if our budget was completely full, I would be the first to say that we need to cut down on marketing in favour of programming, getting on exchanges and similar stuff, but we have more than enough unused budget right now and the amount of Dash that is asked for this proposal is relatively small.

Now, as the fate of this proposal is still hanging in balance and the event will happen before the voting deadline, let me tell you what will happen if the event passes and if doesn't pass.

If the proposal passes:
- We will have Dash listed as the main sponsor of the event.
- Dash logo would be clearly visible on the stage and the girls that clean the stage between acts will all wear Dash t-shirts.
- Dash will also be listed on the web page as the main sponsor of the event and in all the video recordings of the competition that are going to be shared on social media, Dash will be clearly visible.
- We will give out a small amount of Dash to the audience in form of a paper wallet with the instructions on what Dash is, how to install a Dash Wallet app, how to import Dash from the paper wallet and how to make a Dash payment.
- We will have a Dash stand in front of the hall where the competition is going to be held. There will be a person there that will talk to people about Dash (probably me most of the time) and people will have an option to buy Dash branded cupcakes with the Dash that they received, so they can experience the process.
- The competition winners and runner ups will receive Dash rewards (10 Dash cumulatively)
- As the value of Dash has risen since the proposal was made, after we calculate in the 5000 euro that is intended for the sponsorship, 10 Dash for prizes, 5 Dash for the proposal fee and about 5 Dash for marketing expenses and to be given out to the audience, the rest will be saved for some future Dash promotion in Serbia. All expenses will be reported here, together with the detailed description of the event itself, with pictures and video.

If the proposal doesn't pass:

- Dash will not be listed as a sponsor of the event and it will not be visible on the stage.
- Dash will not be given out as prizes to the competition winners.
- But, there will be a Dash stand with Dash banners and Dash branded cupcakes and we will give out Dash paper wallets to the audience, with the description of what Dash is and how to use it (I'll finance this myself).

So, even if the proposal doesn't pass, I'll do my best to teach anyone at this event about Dash and to make them see the value that it brings.
I would just very much like if you could help me and vote for this proposal, so I could do an even better job and maybe do some more and even better promotions and Dash educations in the future.

I would just like to know why people that voted against the proposal voted as they did.
I keep thinking that we are doing something wrong, but there is no appropriate feedback from the community to tell us what they think that is...

Hi Masternodes,

Natasha, a member of my team here in Belgrade, went out and did this interview with Dandy and Natasha (AerialArts)... Its our attempt to give the masternode community a deeper look at this competitive sport and the people behind the proposal.

The team there is great and we hope u can give it a second look...

This is our first attempt to analyze proposals on behalf of the masternode community as part of decentralised proposal evaluations.

I wanted to thank all the fellow masternodes that voted yes in the previous few days.
We really appreciate your support.

The event is in two days. Preparations are coming along.
I'm going to pick up one more Dash banner today, which is supposed to be on the stage if the proposal passes.
Also, I'm printing and filling Dash paper wallets that will be given out to the audience. At the moment, I'm limiting the number of those wallets to 200 pieces, with 0.01 Dash on each, because that much I can finance myself, without the need for the proposal money.
On the day, there will be 100 Dash cupcakes delivered to the event, to be sold for 0.01 Dash per cupcake.
I'm also hiring one girl to help me with this and be there to sell the cupcakes and talk to the people when I'm occupied.

Too bad.. I don't understand the number of "no" votes.

My theory is that this sounds like a small event, so it couldn't generate the interest of the MNOs. Granted, it was a small amount you were requesting, but that works against you. It needed more whiz-bang catch their attention.

Hi Bossie. That's very generous of you, thanks :)

Xgyn2JXwHAfVUuBS9xcp1JvZ9FHzjYEiqs

Edit:
I received 0.5 Dash. Thank you again, Bossie ;)

Last edited:
200 Dash paper wallets loaded with 0.0102 Dash each and with instructions on how to use them are ready :)

Envelopes.jpg

A special shout out to the great guy akhavr!
He just sent me 22.86 Dash, which is enough for Dash to be present on the main stage of the event as one of the bigger sponsors :)

I'll be busy for the rest of the day at the event but expect a detailed report afterwards.

wow, well done akhavr, that's really awesome! more the reason that dash would benefit from on-chain crowdfunding (or at least trustless)

I just wanted to post a few pictures from the event. It was great! :)

I'm still recovering from yesterday, but I will write my detailed impressions as soon as I get some rest.

PoleSportsDash001.jpg
PoleSportsDash002.jpg
PoleSportsDash003.jpg
PoleSportsDash004.jpg
PoleSportsDash005.jpg

Here is the video of the winner in the female pro category.
I'm sharing this with you fine Dash people in advance, before the official channel uploads the videos, so it's unlisted and I only posted a link to it here.

Sorry for taking this long to write a full report. I had some family matters to attend to.

Dash exposure on the event

- Dash was present on the main stage with a banner. It will be visible in all the videos of the event that are going to be posted by the official channel. Also, Dash is listed as a sponsor on the official web page ( http://serbian-polesport.com/en/sponsors/ ).

PoleSportsDash006.jpg

- Before every segment of the competition, Dash was announced as one of the bigger sponsors of the event (I think it was five times in all). At one time, there was some more explanation given about what Dash is to the audience. It was said that Dash is a cryptocurrency like Bitcoin, but better.

PoleSportsDash007.jpg

- Half of the girls that cleaned the poles between competitors wore Dash t-shirts.

PoleSportsDash008.jpg

- There was a Dash stand in front of the hall where the competition was held. At this stand, people could get information about Dash, an envelope with Dash paper wallet (preloaded with 0.0102 Dash) and instructions on what Dash is, how to install Dash Wallet Android app, how to import the paper wallet into Dash Wallet app and how to make a payment with Dash Wallet app.
This place was manned by myself and one girl that I hired for this. She had experience with promotions, but not with Dash, so I have given her a quick introduction to Dash few days before the event. Of course, I was always close by to provide assistance if there were some questions she couldn't answer.

PoleSportsDash009.jpg

- We had Dash branded cupcakes that could be bought for 0.01 Dash.

PoleSportsDash010.jpg

Back