• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

[Prepoposal] Dutch Dash news and community website

Kozz

Hello Dashers, I'm new here.

Dash Evolution is a huge deal for mass adoptation. And if we want mass adoptation, we also need multi language information. I noticed that there is hardly information for Dutch speaking (Netherlands, Belgium etc) people on Dash. And no dedicated website for Dash only.

I would like to change that and prepare the Dutch speaking community for Dash when evolution launches. I see this as a long term commitment, because I believe in the Dash project and I see my proposal as a scalable one.

This is how I see it:

Short term:

I create a Dutch Dash news/community website that is ready to absorb the new community.

I'll translate articles from existing Dash sponsored sites like where people will be able to comment on all articles and support will be given in a friendly enviroment.

I create tutorials on how to set up your wallets, private keys and all the basic things needed to get started with Dash.

I will do the search engine optimisation

I will do the graphic design

Long term:

Scale it up with social media presence: Twitter, Facebook,.. Even Youtube, all I've got to find is a charismatic Dutch lady like Amanda. :)

So yeah, that's my proposal in short. I would love to hear your thoughts and input about it.

A little bit about me: I'm 36 from Belgium. I'm a web designer. I'm good with photoshop and video editing.

I believe I would be a great and cost effective asset to the Dash team.

Funding request:

15 Dash monthly (as of today's volatile exchange) without the scaling for now. This will cover for me working full time on the site.

Hopefully you guys have an idea on what I'm trying to achieve here. I think it's best to start with the short term proposal and go from there?

Let me know what you guys think and how Dash sees multi language integration. And how it would see the project? As in official, or sponsored? Cause I don't mind. Dash can own the domain name etcetera. I want the Dash project to succeed.

Last edited:
I suggest that you get started building the site your are proposing and show us a working prototype before asking for funding.

https://www.dashforcenews.com uses a very versatile theme with an exellent page builder. Coincedently, I'm very familiar with it. This is the latest premade blog I created with it. It's not 100% finished, so it's not for sale yet and not live yet (localhost). Below are pics of front page and single article layout.

I would use the same theme for the proposed Dash website. So this is what you can expect. But instead of facebook themed, dash themed.

Please watch in full screen.

GWb5q7B.jpg

duW7CAI.jpg

This is a prototype of a review based blog I created with it. As you can see, it's very versatile with many possibilities.

XRpv3v4.jpg

Last edited:
Proposal Evaluation Committee

Hi Kozz

Just want to find out if you are planning to submit your proposal officially, i.e. Pay the 5 Dash to submit it?
If so, do you agree to the PEC (Proposal Evaluation Committee) assisting you in preparing your Pre-Proposal?

The way we do it is to give a Report on your Proposal highlighting areas that you can improve.
As you improve the Proposal the Report is adjusted and this may be done a number of times (up to 5 or more), each time the chance of your Proposal being accepted by the MNO’s will increase.

The Report also has another function:
To give the Pre-Proposal a percentage mark. This percentage will make it possible to give the MNO’s and community a prioritized List of Evaluated Proposals. This list will save everyone time and increase the chance of your Proposal gaining votes.

However, please be aware that the PEC has not officially been accepted by the MNO’s. We are also in the Pre-Proposal phase, so you have no obligation to partake.
If you want to know who will be doing the Evaluations – see here: Official PEC Pre-P https://goo.gl/qrbeXK

If you do want to use our services (note this is a free service)
1. Please PM me on the Dash Pre + Budget Proposal Discussions Forum indicating agreement.
2. and if you have not done this yet, please read: How to submit a Dash Pre-Proposal https://goo.gl/7jmwXQ
3. Once you have read it you might want to adjust your Pre-Proposal before we submit the 1st Report, so I will wait for you to give us the go-ahead before we start the evaluation process.

If you don’t want the PEC to evaluate the Proposal – please PM me as well, then I won’t bug you again for an answer ;)

Good luck with your Proposal!

Proposal Evaluation Committee

Hi Kozz

Just want to find out if you are planning to submit your proposal officially, i.e. Pay the 5 Dash to submit it?
If so, do you agree to the PEC (Proposal Evaluation Committee) assisting you in preparing your Pre-Proposal?

Hey Biltong,

I could always use help with preparing the pre proposal. But there doesn't seem to be much interest in the proposal. So I guess no, I'm not gonna risk 5 Dash on it.

Greets

Hi Kozz,
Lack of interest and even initial negatives is par for the course.
Don't give up so easily - nothing wrong with your idea!
It will be a pity. Dash needs to reach all nations.

BTW - the 5 Dash could be funded by Dash Force if you drop the price to below $250 for your 1st month
POP in at Dash Force slack (proposals) and speak to Mastermined - tell him I sent you
After you have been going for a month you'll have the credibility to come back here and ask for more ;)
Biltong

Hi Kozz,
Lack of interest and even initial negatives is par for the course.
Don't give up so easily - nothing wrong with your idea!
It will be a pity. Dash needs to reach all nations.

BTW - the 5 Dash could be funded by Dash Force if you drop the price to below $250 for your 1st month
POP in at Dash Force slack (proposals) and speak to Mastermined - tell him I sent you
After you have been going for a month you'll have the credibility to come back here and ask for more ;)
Biltong

Good idea, will do. I'm new here so still have to find my way around.

But I figured this sub forum would be a good indicator to see if there would be interest for suggested projects.
I don't think there's anything wrong with the idea, no. Like you say, for mass adoptation, multi language presence is a must, imo.

Back