• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: Dash Venture Capital

Campbell

Looking for feedback on the following proposal. We have a combined 30 years of venture capital investing experience and want to support and help build the Dash ecosystem.

ASK: 75 DASH | Launch of Dash Venture Capital | DASHVC.com

Dash Venture Capital is a place for anyone to come and pitch an idea that helps the Dash ecosystem. Large or small, feature or full company, it doesn’t matter. Anyone.

For those seeking DAO funding we will sponsor the proposal fee for the plans that stand out.

Overtime we want to expand the scope of DASH Venture Capital to provide full service venture capital support which include financings, connections and advice.

We are Mark Campbell and Jared Hutchings. We have been practicing venture for about 15 years. Jared started out as a CS major, migrated to finance in 2001 by co-founding with Mark, an $18M fund called University Venture Fund while finishing college. During this time we developed a relationship with long time silicon valley venture capitalist Donald L. Lucas. He was part of the first venture capital firm on the west coast and spent ~50 years as an active venture investor. He is most well known for having been an early investor, early chairman and longest standing director of Oracle Corporation. We launched PEER Venture Partners, based in Menlo Park, CA with Don in 2008 (Don retired as Partner Emeritus in 2012).

We first invested personally in the blockchain space in 2014 and believe that now the market has matured to the point where it makes sense to make peer-to-peer a primary focus. We believe the day to day management of our venture capital firm helps create additional synergies for the DASH Venture Capital effort.

We plan to launch a website at some point @ dashvc.com and shape it over time to the needs of the project. We plan to engage mentors and Masternode operators, maintain a directory of those individuals interested in sharing their respective areas of expertise with startups and then leverage all of the great human capital around the table to create value for new initiatives.

The current 5 DASH proposal fee is a helpful tool to reduce the signal to noise ratio on a funding platform. That said it makes sense to also ensure there is a screening mechanism to scan for good plans and to make resources available to entrepreneurs. Having a venture capital shop open for business, helping teams iterate and support them with financing and advice is good for innovation. For Masternode operators, this part of the community means we gain an additional resource and know sponsored plans were vetted by someone.

This initial DAO grant covers our time and expenses getting this off the ground. As things develop we plan to return with a follow up proposal to expand as capital needs and interest from the community dictates.

There are some exciting ways this idea could develop and we want this community to help inform it and shape it.

We believe that the protocols in the blockchain category that inspire and support the brightest hardest working people to create have the best chance to succeed.

Hi everyone,

I met Jarrod at the Dash open house and can confirm he is a smart guy with good VC experience.

I have one question in relation to the 75 Dash, what exactly will that be used for?

Will it be ring fenced for the 5 Dash proposal fees for people with good ideas?

Given that the verification all checks out, this is a great way to foster projects.

You have my votes on this.

Hi @Campbell

I would like to invite you to join Dash Budget Watch, which was recently launched to help get good proposals into the budget system and reward backers.

Dash Budget Watch
https://fundchan.com/dashbudgetwatch

• Backers: double your Dash supporting successful projects.
  • Project leaders: eliminate the risk and cost of submitting good proposals.
  • Masternode operators: vote with confidence that DBW projects are thoroughly vetted and accountable.

Hi everyone,

I met Jarrod at the Dash open house and can confirm he is a smart guy with good VC experience.

I have one question in relation to the 75 Dash, what exactly will that be used for?

Will it be ring fenced for the 5 Dash proposal fees for people with good ideas?

Thanks for the positive support so far everyone. Yes, part of the 75 Dash will be used to cover the proposal fees after we have helped refine and advise on proposals to the treasury. We will learn a lot over the next 60-90 days based on how much activity we see.

Let me see if I understand this deal.
1.). I put up $10,000.00
2.). You plan to put up a web site and come back later to ask for more money.
Did I miss anything?

Back