• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

yidakee's Helpdesk & Masternode Setup Services (GhostPlayer on Bitcointalk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yidakee

Foundation Member
Hi guys!

UPDATE: November 28th 2014

The new terms of my service are as follows.

- Masternode Setup = 25 DRK

- You need a Virtual Private Server (VPS) of choice (http://www.exoticvps.com) - if you need help ask
- I setup the remote linux server to serve as the Masternode
- I guide you step by step on how to setup the local wallet to control the Masternode
- I never touch your 1K deposit, or any private information
- I guide you to provide me the necessary info to configure server and local wallet and prepare both config files
- Activate Masternode
- Do a safe wallet backup, both manually and through the QT
- I teach you how to properly manage your funds using Coin Control, so you don't break the Masternode by touching the 1K deposit
- virtually 24h Skype support line for questions/general help

- Server Update, General Help, Step-by-step install, etc -> 10 DRK / h

- Server Updates, 1h should be more than enough. (Depending on MN version, as low as 5 minutes, 50% off if such is the case)
- With some people I've spent much longer upgrading their servers than setting them up for the first time. Forgotten passwords, can't remember VPS provider, regenerating IP & block time for new 1k deposit vin, got extremely confused, etc... Nothing wrong with that! That's why I'm what I'm here for. Happy to teach every singe step, so you learn how to do it yourself. But it is quite time consuming. Hence not the fixed price.
- Step-by-step remote assistance, from start to finish, on how to setup and manage a Masternode

Send me a PM if interested. I am GMT+1, you can add me to skype to chat at "any time": yidakee.ghostplayer

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds fair enough.
For ppl who don`t know GhostPlayer (yidakee) - I`m in drk community since half of march and he is one of the key members with experience and he is full commited.
Don`t hesitate to use his service.
I put my good reccomendation on him.
Let the dark be with you friend ;)

I've personally had dealings with Yidakee (through IRC) and would have no problem recommending his services to anyone in need. As sated, he's particularly experienced with Amazon's EC2 setup.

Added post-setup-service to the b) Full Masternode Setup = 1 free update session. The idea is for you to learn how to do it in the very likely case of future updates.

Roede94105 here, Yidakee helped me setup my master node today, took about 4 hours, everything went ABSOLUTELY smoothly, he took the time to explain everything and I am now a MN owner thanks to him!

If you have no knowledge like me, but want to setup a MN in a safe way and while protecting the network, contact him!

Just had my mn set up by by yidakee and it works great. Everything was done remotely over the Teamviewer; not only is the node set up but I have a guarantee it is secure plus I have learnt a lot, thank you!

I just finished setting up my masternode with Yikadee. His service was excellent. His knowledge is extensive and he did a great job helping me understand each step. Without his help I am certain I would not have been able to accomplish it, and would have risked making a catastrophic error. Thank you to the community for suggestion him. I posted on here only two days asking for help...https://darkcointalk.org/threads/ca...tep-i-will-pay-for-your-time.1686/#post-10943 and within 2 days I have a working masternode and it did not cost much (Work only took 3 hours). That is pretty great customer service. I think Yikadee is undercharging for his services and I told him so. So if you are thinking about doing this, act now before he raises his prices.

Hi there!

I am offering my services to the community! (in English, Portuguese and Spanish!)
Also hope to double this as a reputation thread.

I have a long history in testnet and am quite proficient, and have full confidence in what I am doing. You can easily verify this by going through the regarding threads. I would never take on a job I was not confident in delivering.

So yeah, money back "guarantee"!! I put quote marks up, well, because I'm not a registered tax paying business with a physical address... But my guarantee is in my reputation. I have come up with solution that is risk free for both parties.

I am very well known in this community, and only hope to strengthen my relationships, doing my part to help Darkcoin grow.
Setting up a Masternode is not rocket science. Even with minimal tech skills, I can assist you step-by-step!

A fully operational Masternode can be up and running within a few hours.

Two options

a) Simple Helpdesk (recommended for everyone!) - 2 DRK / hour.

- You get stuck, or having problems
- Want to set up a node by yourself, but need help along the way
- This is, in my experience, cheap and fun!
- The only problem may be timezone, but I can easily adapt to your convenience.

a) Full Masternode Setup - 15 DRK = 1.5% the cost of a masternode. (recommended for those who never touched linux, and do not feel adventurous)

- Based on chaeplin's Amazon's EC2, with added hardening features like Fail2Ban and 2FA within linux.
- I can use other VPS providers, but dont expect me to know every single dashboard there is !! If not on EC2, I expect you to at least be able to open/close SSH & TCP ports, and create a keypair PEM file so I can log into the server for setup
- Option of local cold wallet + remote Server ... or just hot remote wallet (second not really recommended - but in rare cases the only option)
- I never touch your funds
- I help or prepare all the config files
- 1x future client update for free, and instructions on how to do it yourself.
- I never have access to your Amazon EC2 account
- I will need access to your VPS (Virtual Private Server), but will explain how to lock me out after the setup is complete. If you don't feel comfortable handing me
the server, I can walk you through it step by step through Skype, (extra 5 DRK cost 'cos its so time consuming!)
- Explain how to do a proper wallet backup
- Explain how to manage your Masternode funds for withdrawals (so you don´t break the node)
- Payment in three steps for added insurance;

1st - To get us started (5 DRK)
2nd - When Masternode is fully operational (7.5 DRK)
3rd - When I release my control over your VPS, never to be able to login again (2.5 DRK)

I will use your preferred method of communication. Personally, I love IRC, but happy to chat over Skype, or any other.
Absolute discretion and privacy. Send me a private message if interested!
Hi there!

I am offering my services to the community! (in English, Portuguese and Spanish!)
Also hope to double this as a reputation thread.

I have a long history in testnet and am quite proficient, and have full confidence in what I am doing. You can easily verify this by going through the regarding threads. I would never take on a job I was not confident in delivering.

So yeah, money back "guarantee"!! I put quote marks up, well, because I'm not a registered tax paying business with a physical address... But my guarantee is in my reputation. I have come up with solution that is risk free for both parties.

I am very well known in this community, and only hope to strengthen my relationships, doing my part to help Darkcoin grow.
Setting up a Masternode is not rocket science. Even with minimal tech skills, I can assist you step-by-step!

A fully operational Masternode can be up and running within a few hours.

Two options

a) Simple Helpdesk (recommended for everyone!) - 2 DRK / hour.

- You get stuck, or having problems
- Want to set up a node by yourself, but need help along the way
- This is, in my experience, cheap and fun!
- The only problem may be timezone, but I can easily adapt to your convenience.

a) Full Masternode Setup - 15 DRK = 1.5% the cost of a masternode. (recommended for those who never touched linux, and do not feel adventurous)

- Based on chaeplin's Amazon's EC2, with added hardening features like Fail2Ban and 2FA within linux.
- I can use other VPS providers, but dont expect me to know every single dashboard there is !! If not on EC2, I expect you to at least be able to open/close SSH & TCP ports, and create a keypair PEM file so I can log into the server for setup
- Option of local cold wallet + remote Server ... or just hot remote wallet (second not really recommended - but in rare cases the only option)
- I never touch your funds
- I help or prepare all the config files
- 1x future client update for free, and instructions on how to do it yourself.
- I never have access to your Amazon EC2 account
- I will need access to your VPS (Virtual Private Server), but will explain how to lock me out after the setup is complete. If you don't feel comfortable handing me
the server, I can walk you through it step by step through Skype, (extra 5 DRK cost 'cos its so time consuming!)
- Explain how to do a proper wallet backup
- Explain how to manage your Masternode funds for withdrawals (so you don´t break the node)
- Payment in three steps for added insurance;

1st - To get us started (5 DRK)
2nd - When Masternode is fully operational (7.5 DRK)
3rd - When I release my control over your VPS, never to be able to login again (2.5 DRK)

I will use your preferred method of communication. Personally, I love IRC, but happy to chat over Skype, or any other.
Absolute discretion and privacy. Send me a private message if interested!

I had Yidakee assist me in setting up my first Masternode the other day. He was EXTREMELY knowledgeable and walked me through the entire process via skype. He answered every question I had along the way. He never had access to my funds so there was no worry of theft. I honestly paid him more than he asked because I felt the learning experience itself was worth far more than what he was asking. If you have not set one of these up yet and are lost in terms of how to do it. I HIGHLY suggest you use Yidakee's services!!!

Thank you Yidakee!

iuWYpQt.gif

I recently contacted Ghost Player / Yidakee. He helped me set up my MN.
I found him to be very professional, very knowledgable & a great guy !
He's a credit to this community.
Everything went very smoothly, he helped me understand the finer details of what was being done.

I recommend him for anyone who just wants to get it done smoothly.
He's very well respected & trusted in this community.
I have lots of Linux experience but most of the coins are not my own, so I wanted to be sure the set up was done error free & securely.

Thanks once again Yidakee !

I recently contacted Yidakee to help set up my Masternode. He was very knowledgeable and helped me set up my node with ease. Anyone who would like more guidance on how to set up their Masternode should contact Yidakee!!

- PLUG -
---------------------------------------
!!! GHOSTPLAYER IS THE SHIT !!!!
---------------------------------------
!!! NOW A PROUD OWNER OF A MASTERNODE PARTNERSHIP !!!

TESQUENURE
OAXACA
MANGLED BLUE
- - - -LOL - TOMB - LOL- - - -
(anagram of our first letters)

This was a VERY easy process with the assistance of GhostPlayer.
-Only took 3hours and 10min's-
I think'n that, 1/2 of that time was - just waiting for the BlockChain to DL to the Server.

At NO TIME did he have access to the 1000DRK
He did what he needed to do on the Server
I setup the Wallet
BlockChain DL's
and
3hours and 10min's later = MASTERNODE ! ! !
WOOHOO ! !

!!! THANK YOU GHOSTPLAYER !!!
and
Most of all - Thank You investor's !!
This would not have been possible with out you :)
-any of you :)

Enjoy the show guys
I know I am :)

3 hours :O :D

Well, I do it much less time obviously. Remember this is though voice and text chat !!

If I had all the funds with me, I could do it in less time than it takes to DL the blockchain... But if I had the funds with, I could run away with them ;)

Hey no offense, I was obviously joking around.

It's taking quite some time, I agree that's why I prepare amazon images which already include the blockchain. You could consider the same:
  1. Create a new instance, set up everything, darkcoin, security, etc.
  2. Let the daemon download the blockchain
  3. When finished, stop the instance
  4. Right click -> Create Snapshot/AMI
You should be able to share the prepared snapshot with your clients somehow.
But this only works if your clients want to use amazon.

Hey no offense, I was obviously joking around.

It's taking quite some time, I agree that's why I prepare amazon images which already include the blockchain. You could consider the same:
  1. Create a new instance, set up everything, darkcoin, security, etc.
  2. Let the daemon download the blockchain
  3. When finished, stop the instance
  4. Right click -> Create Snapshot/AMI
You should be able to share the prepared snapshot with your clients somehow.
But this only works if your clients want to use amazon.

Digital Ocean also has droplets (I thinks its called)

Aren't the AMI snapshots region dependant? I was under that understanding. Anyway, I dont mind doing it while on skype, keeps me distracted while the local setup is being walked through

Last edited by a moderator:
You can export them to other regions, too.

Are you sure? Or were it AMI's that were locked to the regions? Will have to look that up. But its and either/or situation I am pretty certain there is a region lock about it. Anyways, that would be great for someone who wants to setup dozens of nodes in one go. Apart from the blockchain download (which varies enormously), I'm very happy to do it manually as it give me soemthing to do while chatting though skype.

I haven't looked too much into it, but from what I gathered a "snapshot" is a personal backup/clone of an instance, while an AMI is a community distributed image. So again, me thinks snapshots might be locked to region, make more sense... Will look into it

Are you sure? Or were it AMI's that were locked to the regions? Will have to look that up. But its and either/or situation I am pretty certain there is a region lock about it. Anyways, that would be great for someone who wants to setup dozens of nodes in one go. Apart from the blockchain download (which varies enormously), I'm very happy to do it manually as it give me soemthing to do while chatting though skype.

I haven't looked too much into it, but from what I gathered a "snapshot" is a personal backup/clone of an instance, while an AMI is a community distributed image. So again, me thinks snapshots might be locked to region, make more sense... Will look into it
It's called "Create Image" and creates an private AMI. You can transfare it to whom/where ever you like.

yidakee helped me setup a masternode. It was quick and easy since he knew exactly what he was doing. I highly recommend him. Thanks yidakee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back