• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

New to Dash and would love some answers

Elricstorm

First of all, hello everyone! I'm new as you can see but I want to state that I'm not one of those guys that asks questions and once receives answers, runs from a forum. I'll do my best to help others as I go along.

With that said, here are some questions.

First, I'm running two rigs. The first one churns out at 568 MH/S and the second one churns out at 175 MH/S.

I am using ccminer cuda GPU and my conf file is:

{
"_comment1" : "Possible keys are the long options (ccminer --help)",
"_comment2" : "todo: support /* comments */",
"api-bind": "127.0.0.1:4068",
"statsavg": 20,
"max-log-rate" : 30,
"quiet" : false,
"debug" : false,
"protocol" : false,
"cpu-priority" : 3,
"algo" : "decred",
"url" : "stratum+tcp://p2pool-dash.mindtrip.us:7903",
"user" : "XcX8PcvnsPYjTdtgRqBAMwXRKncNuvFJcA",
"pass" : "xxx"
}

So, I'm trying to mine on mindtrip. I was accidentally mining directly to the IP address because I really didn't know any better. But, now I'm mining to the URL above.

On my systems, everything appears to be going fine but, I've been mining for approx. 10 hours and have not seen my address show up on the network address list.

Address not seen on the network.

When I look at the static list:

100.38.97.189:7903/static/

I don't see my address show up on the list. It currently only shows 4 active users on the node.

So questions:

1. Is my conf correct? Do I need to do something else if it shows me mining and I'm seeing booooo solved messages and no errors? The first connection when I open this shows that I'm mining on that address.

2. How long does it take to show me as an active user?

3. The wallet address I'm using is going to an Exodus wallet I created (which I love). When do payouts occur on average?

4. How can I tell if something is solved and I'm going to the next block?

Any quick URLs or tips you can provide me so I can read like a speed demon and ensure I'm not reading old information from years ago?

Thanks!!!

Joel

"algo" : "decred" - is not correct algo. You must use x11 algo for mining dash. GPU mining is not profitable for DASH now.

I appreciate the reply.

So my .conf should be?

{
"_comment1" : "Possible keys are the long options (ccminer --help)",
"_comment2" : "todo: support /* comments */",
"api-bind": "127.0.0.1:4068",
"statsavg": 20,
"max-log-rate" : 30,
"quiet" : false,
"debug" : false,
"protocol" : false,
"cpu-priority" : 3,
"algo" : "x11",
"url" : "stratum+tcp://p2pool-dash.mindtrip.us:7903",
"user" : "XcX8PcvnsPYjTdtgRqBAMwXRKncNuvFJcA",
"pass" : "xxx"
}

And, I'm not sure what the GPU is not profitable for mining dash means. I've tried to search to get myself up to speed but I keep finding posts or websites back to 2014 and 2015 that don't provide a cut and dried understanding of each step to start mining.

If I was using the wrong algorithm why did it let me mine at all? Again, I just want to know the exact config settings I should be using to mine with GPU on ccminer. If I'm missing something please let me know.

If there is a link in this forum that shows the exact proper setup, please point me to it.

I looked under the mining area and clicked on GPU and it says:

{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://pooladdress:7903",
"user" : "walletaddress",
"pass" : "x",
"algorithm":"darkcoin"
}
],
"xintensity" : "64",
"worksize": "64"
}

So, it's showing the algorithm as being darkcoin whereas you stated x11. So, now I'm pretty confused.

Not profitable means that you have 586MH/s and 175MH/s that equivalent ~150 GPU (rx 280), that costs around $15000 now + additional $200 for PSU and motherboard for each 5 GPU. TOTAL equipment cost will be around 20 000 USD!
Total income payments for 761MH/s will be around $700 per month.
Total power consumption for 150 GPU will be around 30kWt, with electricity cost at 0.1USD you will pay around $2100 at month for electricity.

Conclusion.
Your immediately profit will be around minus 20k USD as onetime payment,
AND monthly loose will be around 1400USD!

Not profitable means that you have 586MH/s and 175MH/s that equivalent ~150 GPU (rx 280), that costs around $15000 now + additional $200 for PSU and motherboard for each 5 GPU. TOTAL equipment cost will be around 20 000 USD!
Total income payments for 761MH/s will be around $700 per month.
Total power consumption for 150 GPU will be around 30kWt, with electricity cost at 0.1USD you will pay around $2100 at month for electricity.

Conclusion.
Your immediately profit will be around minus 20k USD as onetime payment,
AND monthly loose will be around 1400USD!

You are saying that my two lone computers (privately owned) sitting in a room are going to wrack up $2,100 a month for electricity? I don't see how that is possible. And, if that were the case, why would anyone attempt to mine DASH at all, much less any other coin like Bitcoin or Ethereum?

Right now I'm just trying to get my miner configuration setup.

Could someone please provide an answer to the questions I asked previously concerning the CONF file and the configuration? I am not here to debate costs. Considering my entire house may be solar and wind powered and I may not be paying a single dime for electricity, please don't make assumptions about electricity costs.

Is my configuration file correct?
How long is the average payout timeframe?
Why do I not show up on the mining list?

Thanks.

Back