• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre - Proposal: Dash YouTube Ad Campaign (first commercial finished!)

Thomas - Eralith

Update: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/update-pre-proposal-for-youtube-advertising-campaign.14993/

Dash Ad Campaign on YouTube
Hey Dash community!

My team and I have been working for the last couple of weeks to bring you this short commercial. The first link below is to the commercial itself, and the second link is to the proposal pdf document. The third link is a video proposal.

Proposal PDF Document Link - 2: http://docdro.id/OkydGKj

Commercial Link - 1:
Video Proposal Link - 3:

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have.

The Proposal

Pre-Proposal: YouTube DASH advertising campaign, 1000 views per day for 30 days.

Amount: 60 Dash

Time: One month (one payment)​

1) Who we are

Eralith Studios is a brand new startup advertising studio in Cape Town, South Africa. When we found the Dash DAO, we realized that this was the ideal opportunity for us to found our own studio, while strengthening the Dash that we had. We made this first advertisement as a showcase of what we can do, and hope to sell it to the Dash DAO as our first completed project​
  • Pieter Louw is a 3D computer animator with 6 years of experience. He spent the last three years freelancing in the advertising industry.
His latest demo reel is here :

Please refer to the description below the video for Pieter's contribution to each clip. An older demo reel is here:
  • Thomas du Plessis is a final year animation student at the Animation School in Cape Town. His latest animation project won second prize for the best student character animator at the Cape Town International Animation Festival in 2017.
His demo reel is here:
  • Charl du Plessis is a Chartered Accountant (SA) with over 30 years business experience.
Lastly, Cape Town is the media industry hub of Africa with a large community of highly skilled freelance artists, animators and filmographers from which freelance workers may be drawn at very competitive prices.​

We are invested in Dash.​

2) The ad campaign
  • Target audience
Our target audience are people who are new to Bitcoin, but are not aware that there is an alternative to Bitcoin available with much better features that will ensure its long term usability and growth.
Cryptocurrencies in general and Bitcoin in particular have experienced a massive bull run in the last few months, with the total market cap exceeding 50 billion US dollars. Despite the growth of altcoins, Bitcoin still has a more than 50% market share. The reason is not that Bitcoin has superior technology, features or advantages, but simply its first mover network effect. When better informed, a significant percentage of new Bitcoin users should migrate to Dash.​
  • The message
The message of the advert is simple: Bitcoin lacks private and instant transactions. Dash provides these and is therefore superior. The advert ends with the words, “Dash is Digital Cash. Dash.org.”​
  • The format
The advert is designed to run in line before YouTube videos. It is 15 seconds long. There is a compelling hook (the Bitcoin logo being crushed) in the first 5 seconds, so we expect that a large percentage of people will let the ad run longer to see the outcome. The second part of the advertisement points the viewer to the Dash.org website for more information.​
  • The YouTube campaign.
The ad will run in line before YouTube videos. It will only be served to viewers who have been watching videos on Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies. We aim to have 1000 views per day for 30 days. We will evaluate the YouTube analytics of this camapaign to see if more views per day would be appropriate or not for future campaigns.​

3) Budget

Expenses
Proposal costs - 5 DASH
YouTube fees - 16.667 DASH
Overheads - 1.111 Dash
Artists Salaries - 30 DASH​
Admin Salaries - 5 DASH​

Total - 57.778 DASH

Please refer to the following link regarding the average salary of 3D animation artists:
http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Industry=3d_Animation/Hourly_Rate

4) Reports

We will post a weekly report on the Dash.org forum until one week after the end of the campaign.​

5) Future projects

We hope to forge a lasting relationship with the Dash DAO as one of its main advertising agents.​

Our biggest strength is character animation, and we would like to produce ads that focus on characters. However, we are not limited to one medium of video advertisements. As mentioned before, we have direct access to a large group of freelance artists and studio services in Cape Town, and will be able to produce work in any medium needed.​

If this campaign is successful, we will use the bulk of our income from it as capital to start on the next project.

Thank you for your time, and consideration.

Pieter and Thomas

Last edited:
Good to see this live after so many hours of hard work and litres of coffee! (I am with these guys who made the ad.)

Hey Dash community!

My team and I have been working for the last couple of weeks to bring you this short commercial. The first link below is to the commercial itself, and the second link is to the proposal pdf document. The third link is a video proposal.

Commercial Link - 1:
Proposal PDF Document Link - 2: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_NVi57HFOy8emg2TzNtNjJHWE0
Video Proposal Link - 3:

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have.

Pre-Proposal: YouTube DASH advertising campaign, 1000 views per day for 30 days.

Amount: 60 Dash

Time: One month (one payment)

The proposed advert is here (
)

1) Who we are

Eralith Studios Eralith Studios is a brand new startup advertising studio in Cape Town, South Africa. When we found the Dash DAO, we realized that this was the ideal opportunity for us to found our own studio, while strengthening the Dash that we had. We made this first advertisement as a showcase of what we can do, and hope to sell it to the Dash DAO as our first completed project.

Pieter Louw is a 3D computer animator with 6 years of experience. He spent the last three years freelancing in the advertising industry.

His latest demo reel is here :
Please refer to the description below the video for Pieter's contribution to each clip. An older demo reel is here:

Thomas du Plessis is a final year animation student at the Animation School in Cape Town. His latest animation project won second prize for the best student character animator at the Cape Town International Animation Festival in 2017. His demo reel is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kywUQ9kgAMk

Charl du Plessis is a Chartered Accountant (SA) with over 30 years business experience.

Lastly Cape Town is the media industry hub of Africa with a large community of highly skilled freelance artists, animators and filmographers from which freelance workers may be drawn at very competitive prices.

We are invested in Dash.

2) The ad campaign

a. Target audience

Our target audience are people who are new to Bitcoin, but are not aware that there is an alternative to Bitcoin available with much better features that will ensure its long term usability and growth.

Cryptocurrencies in general and Bitcoin in particular have experienced a massive bull run in the last few months, with the total market cap exceeding 50 billion US dollars. Despite the growth of altcoins, Bitcoin still has a more than 50% market share. The reason is not that Bitcoin has superior technology, features or advantages, but simply its first mover network effect. When better informed, a significant percentage of new Bitcoin users should migrate to Dash.

b. The message

The message of the advert is simple: Bitcoin lacks private and instant transactions. Dash provides these and is therefore superior. The advert ends with the words, “Dash is Digital Cash. Dash.org.”

c. The format

The advert is designed to run in line before YouTube videos. It is 15 seconds long. There is a compelling hook (the Bitcoin logo being crushed) in the first 5 seconds, so we expect that a large percentage of people will let the ad run longer to see the outcome. The second part of the advertisement points the viewer to the Dash.org website for more information.

d. The YouTube campaign.

The ad will run in line before YouTube videos. It will only be served to viewers who have been watching videos on Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies. We aim to have 1000 views per day for 30 days. We will evaluate the YouTube analytics of this camapaign to see if more views per day would be appropriate or not for future campaigns.

3) Budget

The budget is calculated at DASH:USD = 90

Expenses Per hour Per day Hours Days USD DASH

Proposal cost $450 5

YouTube cost $50 30 $1,500 16.6

Overheads etc. $100.00 1.1111

Artists $30.00 90 $2,700.00 30

Admin $10 45 $450.00 5

Total $5,200.00 57.7778

Please refer to the following link regarding the average salary of 3D animation artists:

http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Industry=3d_Animation/Hourly_Rate

4) Reports

We will post a weekly report on the Dash.org forum until one week after the end of the campaign.

5) Future projects

We hope to forge a lasting relationship with the Dash DAO as one of its main advertising agents.

Our biggest strength is character animation, and we would like to produce ads that focus on characters. However, we are not limited to one medium of video advertisements. As mentioned before, we have direct access to a large group of freelance artists and studio services in Cape Town, and will be able to produce work in any medium needed.

If this campaign is successful, we will use the bulk of our income from it as capital to start on the next project.

Thank you for your time, and consideration.

Pieter and Thomas
You have my votes.

I'm totally for a little targeted advertising but honestly i really don't like the video and it needs to get redone. You are here for feedback so i'll give as much as possible.

So my initial viewing, while i was reading "private", then "instant" replaced its location so i really did not comprehend anything as the text is not easy to read. All the superbold 3d aspects seem 1998 cheesy to me.

So if we are targeting bitcoin users, private does not mean much. Some consider bitcoin private? What about instant? Well bitcoin is more instant than banks. Instant is better when comparing to USD. Also 2 seconds showing bitcoin is probably too much. It's useful to catch someone's eye.

I would probably drop dash onto bitcoin. Then in the center, flash dash "has" .. instant send, private send, a treasury.. dash "solves" governance dash "pays" 50+ individuals/developers? then click to learn more at the end.

Also do you plan to do a lot of exclusions on youtube to filter out unwanted ad placement?

I'm totally for a little targeted advertising but honestly i really don't like the video and it needs to get redone. You are here for feedback so i'll give as much as possible.

So my initial viewing, while i was reading "private", then "instant" replaced its location so i really did not comprehend anything as the text is not easy to read. All the superbold 3d aspects seem 1998 cheesy to me.

So if we are targeting bitcoin users, private does not mean much. Some consider bitcoin private? What about instant? Well bitcoin is more instant than banks. Instant is better when comparing to USD. Also 2 seconds showing bitcoin is probably too much. It's useful to catch someone's eye.

I would probably drop dash onto bitcoin. Then in the center, flash dash "has" .. instant send, private send, a treasury.. dash "solves" governance dash "pays" 50+ individuals/developers? then click to learn more at the end.

Also do you plan to do a lot of exclusions on youtube to filter out unwanted ad placement?

Thanks for the feedback. It is appreciated!

What do the others think?

Last edited:
As far as the exclusions are concerned, we plan to target the ad as surgically precise as YouTube will allow us.

@ampp thank you very much for the comment. We appreciate your feedback, and will try get as much out of it as possible.

you got my support ~!!!! love the idea ! in future proposals lets make it international as well the same videos , Brazil in my case ! thank you

You guys are awesome artists and I [emoji173]️ this [emoji362] ! In fact I watched it four times just to really take it all in. This brings me to my only constructive criticism. The first 10 seconds of it go by way too fast. It is just too hard to take it all in. The last five seconds don't seem to need to be that slow. In other words I think you can get away with stretching out the first 10 seconds to 12 seconds and letting the last five with Jess –.org et al take the last three [emoji74]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ps: using voice to text turned the word "Dash" into the punctuation mark (-). Sorry for any confusion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back