• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Where are the generous copycat chinamen when we need them?

KingLOL

Isnt it just possible to clone the giant a900 miner? is there a special code embed which is encrypted?

the whole world desperatly look for this miner. who wants to earn cash? please copy the shit out of baikal

ps. i dont ment to be racistic. its actualy not bad to be a copycat in china

Right now I believe we have a team in China promoting Dash material on popular Chinese sites. Once this goes mainstream you can be sure that there will be a lot of players in the market who will be rushing to make the best miners. As it stands right now there are only less then a handful of these manufacturers which you can find in the forums on this site

I disassembled some parts of my Giant miner and the new Baikal Cube Miner, the Giant has 12 custom asic chips on 2 boards each (basically 3 sections of 150mh/s via 4 chips on each side). The Baikal Cube is different and has 9 newer custom asic chips that are also different. Around 40 pin I guess (have not counted), but looks custom made, have not looked at the front side with the cooling, just the backside yet. All other components are fairly standard and could be cloned easily (there is a Raspberry PI on top, the used software is all open source, the fan, chassis parts, step down converters, elcos, transistors, etc. are all fairly common), however these chips are made by Baikal and there is most likely a lot of Research and Development in them, which is not easy or cheap to clone atm.

So definitively possible someone produces something similar or might clone it outright, but highly unlikely this is going to happen anytime soon.

DSC_0952.jpg

Baikal contains some proprietary baikal chips. They product a small batches of new miners at ~100pcs at month. I suppose they use they own equipment and do not transfer theirs documentation to another manufacturers for copy reasons.

If anyone have an accesses to the laboratory with precision laser cutter and an electron microscope and experienced engenders to replicate 28-nm chip masks they can invest some $MM to reverse-replicate it, and maybe he get some profit, if he can sell some thousand of miners and price will not change. But it's a only a roulette.

Yes there is a lot of mathematic documentetion of each of 11 algos in X11, you can hire a team of qualified developers and implement it in ASIC design.

yes that would be nice but i dont think it is a asic chip at all it think i is a fpga chip.

to produce only a few asic chip a month would be way to expensive. and to reverse enginere a 3d 28-nm chip is almost impossible. and to do that would cost more then to make a new design.

yes that would be nice but i dont think it is a asic chip at all it think i is a fpga chip.

to produce only a few asic chip a month would be way to expensive. and to reverse enginere a 3d 28-nm chip is almost impossible. and to do that would cost more then to make a new design.
Thats right FPGA is way cheaper and easier to implement

Back