• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash-Electrum on Ubuntu Linux

Chris Muller

Is the Dash Electrum wallet still supported and, if so, has anyone gotten it going on Ubuntu Linux?

Since I can't use a 2-of-3 paper wallet yet, I'd like to try the Trezor. Unfortunately, the mytrezor.com is one of those "mobile phone black hole" style apps which won't let you get your data out of it -- e.g., there's no csv export function like desktop wallets have.

Does anyone know if the Dash Electrum Wallet supports exporting the transaction data?

I went to try checking that by installing it. Although it doesn't seem to be in the wallets page at dash.org (why?) it is available at the bottom of this page:

https://www.dash.org/news/electrum-dash-with-trezor-support-released/

Just above the picture at the bottom is this link and instructions:

---------
/binaries/Electrum-DASH-2.4.1-Installer.pkg (requires sudo for system install, without for user directory install – chmod +x and run. Self extracting tarball/installer script, cat to view script).
----------

So I downloaded that, gave that .pkg file execute permission as instructed, but when I try to run it (assuming it will extract itself), it says,

"bash: ./Electrum-DASH-2.4.1-Installer.pkg: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error"

So then I tried renaming the .pkg file to .tar.gz, and then was able to open it in Ubuntu's Archive Manager. Poking around the files in there, they looked to be Mac-specific, not Linux. I didn't really see anything in there that was executable in Linux.

I also tried compiling from source, but didn't succeed.

If the wallet is no longer supported or can't export transaction data, then I can stop here, otherwise any advice and/or help is greatly appreciated.

- Chris Muller

I think DASH Electrum is Alpha and not "recommended for use"

Back