• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Who should own the mission and vision for the Dash Currency DAO?

Who should own the mission and vision for the Dash Currency DAO?

• Master Node Owners (MNOs)

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Dash Core Team

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Logical Mapping of a DAO to Corporation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nontraditional Mapping of a DAO to Corporation (1)

• Nontraditional Mapping of a DAO to Corporation (2)

• Nontraditional Mapping of a DAO to Corporation (3)

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I don't care, I'm just here to make money

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

joezippy

Trying to answer this question: "Who sets and who executes the mission and vision of the Dash "Currency" DAO? Choices MNOs or Core Team, any and all combinations possible... I ask this, because I don't understand the roles of these 2 groups..." What do you think?

Today - Mapping of a DAO to Corporation.png Logical Mapping of a DAO to Corporation .png Nontraditional Mapping of a DAO to Corporation (1) .png Nontraditional Mapping of a DAO to Corporation (2) .pngNontraditional Mapping of a DAO to Corporation (3) .png

**** Please do not discuss what the vision or mission should be, but only who owns it. Thank you ****

Not sure if there is a clear cut answer to that. It could be more like the core team has a strategic vision, and the Masternodes can either affirm or reject that direction when they vote on core team proposals or governance questions.

Not sure if there is a clear cut answer to that. It could be more like the core team has a strategic vision, and the Masternodes can either affirm or reject that direction when they vote on core team proposals or governance questions.

Thanks for the input @TroyDASH ... I just changed the poll to better reflect the possible options... So, I hear you saying "Nontraditional Mapping of a DAO to Corporation (3)" (attached again for your reference)? Please vote just so, I can better track the results.

On a side note, I personally feel it's dangerous to "out source" your mission and vision... Because if the Core Team leaves (willing or unwillingly) you have to start over... potentially. Regardless, I'm just looking for input.... Thanks! :)

Attachments

• Nontraditional Mapping of a DAO to Corporation (3) .png
    Nontraditional Mapping of a DAO to Corporation (3) .png
    31.7 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
What do you mean by Dash Currency DAO? Are you talking about Core?
In that case I would like the MNO's to have the finals say
  1. Core creates vision - presents multiple ideas/options of how to realize vision to MNO's/community
  2. MNO's/community discuss - ideas/options get refined and MNO's vote on final solution(s)
  3. Core drives implementation themselves or create a DAO to do it
For sub Dao's there might be even more solutions:
  1. Anyone comes with a vision - presents vision to MNO's/community
  2. MNO's/community discuss - ideas/options get refined and MNO's vote on ideas/options
  3. Core drives implementation themselves or create a DAO to do it or the person creates the DAO her/himself (like Amanda)

• Core creates vision - presents multiple ideas/options of how to realize vision to MNO's/community
  • MNO's/community discuss - ideas/options get refined and MNO's vote on final solution(s)
  • Core drives implementation themselves or create a DAO to do it

I hear you saying... Nontraditional Mapping of a DAO to Corporation (3) (attached again for your reference)... Please vote accordingly... :)

Attachments

• Nontraditional Mapping of a DAO to Corporation (3) .png
    Nontraditional Mapping of a DAO to Corporation (3) .png
    31.7 KB · Views: 110
I hear you saying... Nontraditional Mapping of a DAO to Corporation (3) (attached again for your reference)... Please vote accordingly... :)
Nope - In 3 the MNO's impliment - that won't happen. You just have 2 steps. There's a step missing: 1) Core/vision - present/refine 2) MNO vote 3) Core or someone/sub-DAO implements

You need another option at the top: "Everyone' That is DAO! ;)

Nope - In 3 the MNO's impliment - that won't happen. You just have 2 steps. There's a step missing: 1) Core/vision - present/refine 2) MNO vote 3) Core or someone/sub-DAO implements

Don't think of them as steps... This isn't a flow, but a functional chart... "Effectively utilize resources" -- This intentionally doesn't say "money", or "man-hours"... It does say, MNOs control the resources, to do whatever they want to accomplish the mission and vision of the organization. If they vote to write one check to the Core Team for the month and not vote again... Or if they do the tasks themselves... Or vote 10k proposals to do the tasks... So be it.

Hope this helps! :)

Ok - so in the case of 3: Core comes up with vision and MNO's says go ahead and it gets done by whoever. But since Dash is a DAO anyone can come up with a vision/proposal and if the MNO's like it - it will be. You only have the MNO's or Core at the top, but that is not DAO? So to answer the question " Who should own the mission and vision for the Dash Currency DAO"

I would say: Everyone - it's a DAO

But that is just theory ;) In reality what has happened, what is happening now and what will more than likely keep on happening is 3 :D
Because it is faster and easier.

I just don't like voting for it - because it's not DAO :rolleyes:
Put everyone as a choice and I will vote :p

Last edited:
You only have the MNO's or Core at the top, but that is not DAO? Or am I missing something again?

The reason only the MNOs and Core Team are at the top, is because they are the only 2 functional groups who have any say, in what the Dash "Currency" DAO
becomes.... The Core Team started us off with vision, but were not autonomous... The MNOs are autonomous (via voting rights) but lack a clear vision.... Which is
why I'm asking the question... Who should own / publish the mission and vision going forward... As we might have work to do on the MNOs side of the house.

It's my opinion, that we will not have a complete Dash "Currency" DAO until those with voting rights have a clear mission and vision... But I have been wrong before!

Keep the questions and dialog coming! :)

Put everyone as a choice and I will vote

I would gladly put everyone, but not everyone sets the mission / vision of the Dash "Currency" DAO... Only the MNOs and Core Team can do that... Everyone
can have an impact on the Dash "Currency" DAO, but that's not the question... Sorry, not an option... :rolleyes:

You still need to answer: "What do you mean by Dash Currency DAO? Are you talking about Core?"
What is inside the Dash Currency DAO? and what is excluded?

Last edited:
Also when you talk about MNO's do you mean a significant large enough group that their vote will be law?
Obviously there are also large overlaps Core members are MNO's as well.

You discount 'everyone'. By 'everyone' I mean anyone can create or influence the 'vision'. E.g.: Evan in a single speech at openhouse got core going on sub-DOA's. Evan is neither a group of MNO's nor is he Core (anymore) - he is just 'everyone' :)

Why do you ask the question in the 1st place?
I'm sure it's not to create rules of how it should be run.
So is it Just for your own understanding?
To create a diagram that will enable noobs joining to have a visual representation of how things are run?
Just curious.

There are several answers to your question.

1. First order simplistic answer, the MasterNode community. They invested in it, they own it. They are the only ones that can vote.

2. More nuance, the Masternode Community AND the Dash Core team And the miners. All three groups have invested a lot of time and energy and creativity and money into the Dash brand/community/system/software. We are in a strategic partnership together. It's like a marriage. Could we split up? Sure. Is that a good idea? Probably not.

3. The biggest and most inclusive view: everybody that cares has influence over the vision of Dash. Both the Dash Core team and the Masternode community actively solicit constructive ideas to make the Dash ecosystem better. Anybody can suggest ideas on the forums and anybody can submit proposals to the treasury.

The main reason Dash got started is Evan approached the Bitcoin devs with ideas about how to improve Bitcoin. They basically told him to piss off. So he went and started a new improved cryptocurrency. The whole community (mostly) is geared toward the idea of being the innovators.

You still need to answer: "What do you mean by Dash Currency DAO? Are you talking about Core?"
What is inside the Dash Currency DAO? and what is excluded?

Dash "Currency" DAO includes everything that interacts with the currency DASH... I think it's important that we start differentiated DAOs, as others may live on the same
Dash Blockchain in the future.... It also gives focus to the mission and vision... Thus, future DAOs that focus on Smart Contracts, Charity, etc might not be
included in the Dash "Currency" DAO... As they are not currency. But that's a different thread...

Currency is a system of money.
Money is a current medium of exchange.

Hope this helps.

Also when you talk about MNO's do you mean a significant large enough group that their vote will be law?
Obviously there are also large overlaps Core members are MNO's as well.

You discount 'everyone'. By 'everyone' I mean anyone can create or influence the 'vision'. E.g.: Evan in a single speech at openhouse got core going on sub-DOA's. Evan is neither a group of MNO's nor is he Core (anymore) - he is just 'everyone' :)

I don't discount everyone, and understand everyone has a voice regarding the mission / vision.... A DAO is not anarchy (a state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority) MNOs have the
authority to fund proposals as they wish....

Next.

Why do you ask the question in the 1st place?
I'm sure it's not to create rules of how it should be run.
So is it Just for your own understanding?
To create a diagram that will enable noobs joining to have a visual representation of how things are run?
Just curious.

You can't have a Dash "Currency" DAO, if you can't define it... We went from not knowing what a DAO is, to calling everything a DAO or
sub-DAO (whatever that is)... If we want to move forward, we have to agree on terminology. Terminology leads to communication, and
you can't have an DA"Organization" without communication.

No conspiracy here to take over the Dash "Currency" DAO, just trying to move forward. hehehehe

You see as a MNO, if I only have 10 Dash, I want to know what to vote for.... If I don't have a vision or mission for what the Dash currency should be... I'll never
reach my goal.

Next.

There are several answers to your question.

1. First order simplistic answer, the MasterNode community. They invested in it, they own it. They are the only ones that can vote.

2. More nuance, the Masternode Community AND the Dash Core team And the miners. All three groups have invested a lot of time and energy and creativity and money into the Dash brand/community/system/software. We are in a strategic partnership together. It's like a marriage. Could we split up? Sure. Is that a good idea? Probably not.

3. The biggest and most inclusive view: everybody that cares has influence over the vision of Dash. Both the Dash Core team and the Masternode community actively solicit constructive ideas to make the Dash ecosystem better. Anybody can suggest ideas on the forums and anybody can submit proposals to the treasury.

The main reason Dash got started is Evan approached the Bitcoin devs with ideas about how to improve Bitcoin. They basically told him to piss off. So he went and started a new improved cryptocurrency. The whole community (mostly) is geared toward the idea of being the innovators.

Well put and thanks @solarguy for posting... I totally agree... So if I have 2 very good proposals and funding for one, as a MNO, how will I know which to vote for without a clear vision and mission?

Hope you vote on this thread... Cheers!

If anyone votes for the core team I strongly dislike you lol. Dash should be the land of equal opportunity

Added a new option. in the poll.. "I don't care, I'm just here to make money" ... Maybe that will bring out more votes... :confused:

Back