• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Potential Issues with Masternodes (1000 Dash requirement)

Cross-reference: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/how-masternode-payments-might-cause-a-bubble.9561/

The key observation there is:

Dash must acquire market value primarily for reasons other than its demand for running masternodes. So long as a major factor in the increase in the value of dash is demand for setting up masternodes, a bubble will occur and it will eventually burst.
Can you explain why LTC has been pumped, too?

It's just a broad diversification by cryptotards that pay no attention to anything beyond the abbreviations. They have no idea the tech, or lack of it, involved in anything. They're just throwing money at stuff and chasing the crystal balls.

Snowflake testing is built-in; it's become a necessity. Crypto is the worst... It is tiring to deal with people who ask a question, or present a false-premise for discussion, but then refuse all input because their pre-conceived notion is all that matters. The easiest way to spot them is to trigger them... Saves time.

Only losers have not developed some form of fast, simple screening process; because losers don't value their time, and have nothing to screen.

The one that makes sense for you and works? Do you mean container type? Provider? The inquiry is so overly broad that it doesn't actually ask anything. Be specific. Use qualifiers.
You might want to turn that filter on yourself, see if you pass.

Sent from my GEM-701L using Tapatalk

Masternodes exist to provide services to the network

That might be why they were created in the network structure, and what they do, but not necessarily why people operate them.

It is clearly possible that some people (especially, but not limited to, those who bought enough Dash early enough to make the investment barrier lower) did so only as a speculation.

we're all here because we know crypto is fundamentally changing the world forever

Not necessarily true, i'm afraid.
I suspect many are here to take advantage of the speculative opportunity that crypto was and still is.
Or rather, there is a portion of those here that seek to take advantage of that opportunity potentially irrespective of whether crypto will change the world forever.
And "change the world forever" is one of the things that makes crypto an attractive speculation.
Another would be to take advantage of early adopter and hype/bandwagon surges.

Even though it is not my principal interest in Dash, I myself am signed up to a group that has recommended some cryptos (Dash not among them) as speculative investments, so I am speaking from direct experience.
I am not, yet, invested in Dash or any other crypto, apart from the time I spend learning about them, and discussing them on these forums.

Last edited:
Not necessarily true, i'm afraid.
I suspect many are here to take advantage of the speculative opportunity that crypto was and still is.
Or rather, there is a portion of those here that seek to take advantage of that opportunity potentially irrespective of whether crypto will change the world forever.
And "change the world forever" is one of the things that makes crypto an attractive speculation.
Another would be to take advantage of early adopter and hype/bandwagon surges.

Even though it is not my principal interest in Dash, I myself am signed up to a group that has recommended some cryptos (Dash not among them) as speculative investments, so I am speaking from direct experience.
I am not, yet, invested in Dash or any other crypto, apart from the time I spend learning about them, and discussing them on these forums.

I agree there are lots of people into crypto purely for personal gain. You can call it 99% if you like, but it simply doesn't make the 1% wrong. If you see a wheel for the very first time and everyone is making them and selling them, it doesn't detract that something great was invented. What should we do with all those speculators?

Honestly, you might think crypto is in a bubble but in the grand scheme of things, this is the tip of the proverbial iceberg. At this moment in time, you'd have to be pretty damn stupid if you can't make money in crypto; that's not because of bubbles, it's because, for better or worse, the blockchain and DLT in general is here to stay. Just wait 'til you see what happens when we add neural networks and AI to the mix....

Back