• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

[proposal] Business marketing push to turn Cancun into a DASH hotspot

I was worried a bit, by this proposal, however the comments have help me to support it... If we see Dash adoption and usage in this "Dash Destination" (Cancun) the information learned could be huge for other "Dash Destination" adoption... All while creating a travel destination network for travel agents to market and lazy currency exchange travelers to visit!

I want to see a street map of stores and types of stores you get to accept Dash... Preferably the stores will be in a walking area that tourists venture frequently. I'd also like to see "the street team" (in the future) handing out $3 USD paper wallets to tourists, helping them install the app, import the coin and then pointed to a tamale shop where they can spend it. (Triple win: Dash awareness, street team employment and the tamale shop sales)

This is actually a brilliant way to spread the Dash brand globally, as it models the way disease spreads fastest, via travelers. When folks leave a "Dash Destination", the app will still be on their phone and if we are lucky. It will have a few bucks in it, that they will want to spend!

double posting my post on BCT:

I also want to put a plug in for one of my favorite proposals, and I'm going to name it "Dash Destination : Cancun!" from jozippy :D I think that's a great slogan!

So these are the reasons I think this is an important proposal:

1. Cancun is a huge tourism town. Americans and Europeans flock to Cancun as do many cruise ships.
2. Obviously, therefore, there is a currency exchange issue.
3. Due to big tourism, there is potential for great exposure to this campaign to people from all over the world at a time when they are in the most open frame of mind.
4. This proposal's multi faceted approach will be evaluated as to effectiveness for future marketing projects of Dash.

I think Dash is super lucky to have such a passionate and active group in one of the worlds biggest tourist destinations. This is a great spot for a marketing experiment and getting exposure. Being a tourist destination, people come from all over the world. Even if stores accept USD or even Euros (I don't know the situation) that means they have to convert the funds into Pesos to pay for goods they need, etc... The burden is either on the traveler or the merchant, there is no getting around it. However, a move to crypto could potentially make it easier, cheaper, and possibly direct to deal with this issue (direct meaning, the merchant and other users simply keep their funds in Dash).

When people are on vacation, they are in a distinct and VERY open frame of mind. If they learn about Dash at work, they're going to think it's monopoly money. They won't understand or "trust" something that calls itself a currency. A lot of people are still so brainwashed. Even so it doesn't say so anywhere (at least in the USA), people think that money has to be "created" by the government! It's hard wired in so many people's heads. The USD isn't even created via the Feds, the Federal Reserve is an association of private banks! OK, so it's taken me since the beginnings of Dash to soften my own family up on the idea that this whole thing isn't a pyramid scheme and frankly my Mom still isn't convinced, LOL. And that's with me constantly talking about it. There is a REAL mental wall there! But when people are on vacation, that wall breaks down! Lets reach out to people in this state of mind!

Finally, the evaluations and approaches used report from the group will be invaluable. Money has never REALLY been marketed before, not like crypto! Sure we're going to follow best practices learned from Visa MC and Paypal, but there is a distinct difference between those services and Dash or other crypto. It's that libertarian, individualist and indipendant feeling crypto gives people. It's a strong allure but not with everyone. So we have to balance between the two. The Bitcunners group promises to give us a report on what worked and what didn't etc... when it's over. I'm also sure that they will continue with the project as Evolution is launched, and this ongoing project could become the blueprint for other similar locations all over the world. Imagine the number of "western" people we can reach, and eventually, people in emerging economies we can reach at the same time?!?!

So I'm hoping I have convinced you to spend the money on this one :D

Hi guys just want to list the updates we have been having since your support last month. This proposal was approved so I will copy this back into the formal proposal comments. We have been having a lot of hard work done on having this campaign in a position to achieve a major success. Build an economy from the ground up is not easy task, and convincing people to put their business on the line for a relative unknown technology takes time. However we are confident that once they see the advantages of using this technology we would be able to have more and more people jumping on this technology.

First update: https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@jza/dash-revolution-is-coming-to-cancun
Second update: https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@jza/dash-event-update and https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@jza/dash-t-shirts-are-ready-to-go
Third update: https://steemit.com/dash/@jza/dash-displays-are-finally-live

Thanks to the MN network for your trusth and support and hope we can go into other alternative proposals we are planning with other organizations like universities and business chamber of commerce.

Hm it's kinda hard to read "Dash" on the display because it's blue colour blends in so well with the blue background. Might be better IRL. Generally, I feel like the designs are not the best.

Hope you will be successful with getting businesses onboard.

Hi guys, on thursday was our event, want to share some of the updates. The recordings are up and can be tuned in on youtube.
Juan Galt - Redefiniendo el dinero

Frank Tocco - Business Benefits by Accepting Cryptocurrencies

We got some reviews from the attendees:
Success! DASH Sponsered Crypto Currency Conference
My first ever DASH sponsored conference in Cancun!

Some other news is our digital display is up and running
By7PD7KG-.png

Back