• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Writing a “How to do a Dash Proposal” that includes Pre-Proposal instructions – need feedback

Saw your message on the other thread.

So I guess this guide has been written by yourself ? And it does fill up a hole in the wiki as far as your concerned ? If it's the case, we could put it up there also (on the wiki)

Once the community had a look and the necessary changes done, the wiki yes, but it might also be a good idea to pin it at the top of this forum. I suspect some new members won't know where to go/what to do when they want to submit a Proposal. They might miss the existing pin at the top.

As for the wiki - It is being updated and it might be better to include this 'Pre-Proposal' material in the existing 'Proposal - Preparation' document instead of having another separate document.

I wrote this to help whoever is doing the update and as a stopgap measure while it's being done.

Last edited:
Once the community had a look and the necessary changes done, the wiki yes, but it might also be a good idea to pin it at the top of this forum. I suspect some new members won't know where to go/what to do when they want to submit a Proposal

this is the Wiki Section
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=8585246
thing is
since we have
https://proposal.dash.org
it is super (duper) easy to do
i agree there should be a new guide, but it is easy now to say the least :rolleyes:

it is super (duper) easy to do...t
Agreed, but when you come to this forum for the first time and want to submit a proposal there is no link or instructions. It takes a lot of searching to find it. The existing pin only says:
Budget System (Funding / Voting / DGBB) - nothing about submitting a proposal. The proposal generator is excellent, but a new proposal should not go there at all. It must first go through the Pre-Proposal process.

Agreed, but when you come to this forum for the first time and want to submit a proposal there is no link or instructions. It takes a lot of searching to find it. The existing pin only says:
Budget System (Funding / Voting / DGBB) - nothing about submitting a proposal. The proposal generator is excellent, but a new proposal should not go there at all. It must first go through the Pre-Proposal process.

yup
correct
am happy to use parts of your guide above to update Wiki

The Proposal Generator is also scary for a newby (scared me off). You pay up front without knowing what will come later. Going through the Pre-Proposal process will remove this fear, but my main concern is that we are not making it easy for newbies here and on the 'Proposals' Slack to do something with their idea. Not sure if you can pin something on the slack?

.. happy to use parts of your guide above to update Wiki
Great - BTW - the last line in the Detail: "4. Give a list of social media that you use and your handle/username on each. As many as possible will help your cause." might have you wondering. This is to enable evaluators to do a con-artist check on the originator :rolleyes:

One thing that worries me though: Doing this Pre-Proposal is a lot of work. I'm worried that it will put off the people who just want to do something small like a meetup. Maybe Proposals with a budget less than X should have an easier path? Just a short, cut down version aimed at DashForce? What can we leave out? Budget less than what?
Any ideas?

Let DashForce make its own rules, and we can post that in the tutorial. Budget less than 20 Dash? I don't know. IMO we should increase DashForce budget and let them handle small stuff like meetups. @mastermined

Let DashForce make its own rules, and we can post that in the tutorial. Budget less than 20 Dash? I don't know. IMO we should increase DashForce budget and let them handle small stuff like meetups. @mastermined

We already handle monthly meetups and presentations pretty easily as there is not much demand right now, but if we have a lot of weekly meetups and presentations we would need to budget extra for that. Right now that is not a problem but it probably will be in the future. Right now there are not too many weekly presentations and all the ones I have seen are choosing to go directly to the MN owners for funding as most of those are asking for more than i would offer them on there first attempt with no proven track record.
It's not too big of a problem now but when there are 10-15+ of those a month and hundreds a year it will be a problem. Someone or a group of people will need to make sure they are all following through with what they say and hold them accountable. The best way i have found to do this right now is to put the burden on them to preform and then reward them for a good performance rather than pay up front and hope for the best, we have thrown away a lot of Dash trying that. I would like to see people start small, gain the trust of the community and then do bigger more expensive projects. However, if MN owners continue to vote for them then they will keep submitting proposals until it becomes too overwhelming and we have 30-50 proposals to vote on every month. We are going to need solutions soon to prevent that before it gets out of control. The only thing stopping that right now are the high proposal fee's.

....It's not too big of a problem now but when there are 10-15+ of those a month and hundreds a year it will be a problem. Someone or a group of people will need to make sure they are all following through with what they say and hold them accountable.....
Agreed - this is something that needs looking at soon

....The best way i have found to do this right now is to put the burden on them to preform and then reward them for a good performance rather than pay up front
Yep!

... until it becomes too overwhelming and we have 30-50 proposals to vote on every month. We are going to need solutions soon to prevent that before it gets out of control. The only thing stopping that right now are the high proposal fee's.
Hopefully the Proposal Evaluation Committee will solve this problem - see my sig

Back