• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Should the Core Team start "saving" for massive market campaign?

Should we save any unclaimed funds for future marketing?

• yes

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • no

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

TanteStefana

Foundation Member
We are about a year away from Evolution being launched. I would like to see the core team start storing money for a huge campaign that would run all over the world, at the same time, plus expanding the team that on-boards merchants. Seeing Jza's proposal for Cancun, a very beautiful and popular Tourist destination in Mexico, I'm also thinking of concentrating on tourist destinations, big cruise lines, places where exchanging money for either the tourist or the merchants is a real pain. Plus, these places catch people in a mentally open state.

Anyway, should we request core collect funds, especially funds that are left over after all budget items go through, just for funding a future mass marketing campaign once Evolution finishes?

Sounds like a good idea. Ether seems to be the stable bet at this time for storing funds in crypto. I was looking into some options for storage and asked the guys over at Ledger about their hardware wallet multisig, here's their reply:

Hi

The multisignature support is done through a third party wallet, such as GreenAddress or Copay.

The most flexible one is Copay - answering your different points for that one

>Do all users have to be on the internet when the multisig wallet is first created?

no, you can invite people later. The kick off process is described on http://support.ledgerwallet.com/kno...e-your-ledger-with-copay-as-a-multisig-wallet

> Is there a max number of multisignatures?

yes, 15 (which is the current standard limit given the size of the generated script)

> Are users able to set varying requirements to send funds from the multisig, such as a 3/5 required signing or a 2/5 signing.

yes, you define the quorum when you create the wallet

> Can signatures be removed or added later?

no, you'll have to create a new wallet for that.

https://tether.to/ also has multisig support I havn't looked into.

Last edited:
Sounds like a good idea. Ether seems to be the stable bet at this time for storing funds in crypto. I was looking into some options for storage and asked the guys over at Ledger about their hardware wallet multisig, here's their reply:

https://tether.to/ also has multisig support I havn't looked into.
I thought Dash has multisig accounts?! It's worked for core well so far?

We are about a year away from Evolution being launched. I would like to see the core team start storing money for a huge campaign that would run all over the world, at the same time, plus expanding the team that on-boards merchants. Seeing Jza's proposal for Cancun, a very beautiful and popular Tourist destination in Mexico, I'm also thinking of concentrating on tourist destinations, big cruise lines, places where exchanging money for either the tourist or the merchants is a real pain. Plus, these places catch people in a mentally open state.

Anyway, should we request core collect funds, especially funds that are left over after all budget items go through, just for funding a future mass marketing campaign once Evolution finishes?
I'd prefer this to just permissively spending it on weak proposals just so we can say we didn't 'let it burn.' We'd still need to know those funds are being stewarded well, however.

Last edited:
You have my support without a doubt! :)

Actually thinking about it...... Saving is one thing, but before we stock pile a bunch of cash, the core team business development folks should work on a full blown RFP like the outline attached... So we know were we are heading and what we can expect from a professional well thought out launch strategy... Executed by a professional marketing firm with accuracy and precision. Those firms will need the RFP before they get started anyway... @Macrochip, @rango and I are talk about some RFP process stuff being built into DashCentral in the future, but this launch is here nor there... We need to follow best practices, as this could be over a million USD launch... Cheers!

Attachments

• Request for Proposal.pdf
    29.7 KB · Views: 101
I would support this. Mostly for massive marketing of Evo but in case of price drop for other important needs too.

Actually thinking about it...... Saving is one thing, but before we stock pile a bunch of cash, the core team business development folks should work on a full blown RFP like the outline attached... So we know were we are heading and what we can expect from a professional well thought out launch strategy... Executed by a professional marketing firm with accuracy and precision. Those firms will need the RFP before they get started anyway... @Macrochip, @rango and I are talk about some RFP process stuff being built into DashCentral in the future, but this launch is here nor there... We need to follow best practices, as this could be over a million USD launch... Cheers!
Great stuff mate

I'd like to see the emergence of a separate Dash DAO for Marketing. Run professionally with oversight from the network. They can then commission appropriate publicity/advertising agencies, manage the contracts and deliverable and coordinate marketing efforts across the network. This is something that should be a long term goal for Dash. I'm happy with the current situation where Dash Core DAO have control over this process to a large extent.

In answer to the original question, should we 'stockpile' Dash for future use... Mmm... Difficult one. The Dash will be worth the same value whether it is minted now or in X weeks/months/years in the future. I.e. the same price at the time of conversion to FIAT (if required). stockpiling dash at this stage would be predicated on the basis that we do not expect budget surpluses in the future, or that the network cannot agree to mint additional Dash in a superblock in special circumstances?

Interesting discussion though :)

Walter

minting new dash for special circumstances would be a huge huge mistake and rip up the community ( ETH vs ETC ) and it would open a can or worms and make the fundamental rule of crypto violated ( no more predictable supply)

its much better to stash the coins now , instead of minting them in future through some hard fork

Well I would like to see just straight up Google, Facebook, reddit ads campaign. I would do this on the proposal but I have no reputation people could trust in.
If it is just an idea top of your head, you could just start a new thread in general discussion and ask what the community feels about that. By debating on it, you will gain reputation and people willl get to know you and how you think.

Don't hesitate in putting all your arguments (although as concisely as possible) stating why you believe that is a good way to spend Dash money. Why is it better than other alternative, how it will help us reach a target (which one) and convert it (how ?), etc. ?

(btw, if I remember well discussion around adcampaign have already taken place, and I believe even some were funded).

I'd like to see the emergence of a separate Dash DAO for Marketing. Run professionally with oversight from the network. They can then commission appropriate publicity/advertising agencies, manage the contracts and deliverable and coordinate marketing efforts across the network. This is something that should be a long term goal for Dash. I'm happy with the current situation where Dash Core DAO have control over this process to a large extent.
Walter

I agree... would add that we should have the Marketing function in place to do the Evo launch... I wouldn't call it a DAO either... But that's me... This is the picture in my head...

Attachments

• Matrix-Dash-DAO.png
    Matrix-Dash-DAO.png
    70.1 KB · Views: 104
Back