• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DASH ROBOCOIN GENERAL BYTES ATM IN HKBITCOINATM SHOP (PLEASE DOWNVOTE)

Will you vote

• Yes

• No

• Abstain

Results are only viewable after voting.

ToTheMoon

I missed the pre-proposal step and went straight to proposal stage because the forum didn't allow me to post back then. I will post more pics and vid on this thread.

Please vote yes :)
https://www.dashcentral.org/p/DASHATMHONGKONG

Proposal
I would like to convert a Robocoin machine to sell Dash and BTC using the Generalbytes Conversion Kit. It will be a two way machine. It will have a huge Dash Logo. Hong Kong is the crypto center in Asia. This is where the Silicon valley guys come to meet the Chinese miners. Where the Japanese and Korean come to buy their Bitcoin. A physical Dash ATM in Hong Kong will have a huge benefit to Dash.

About me
I am Robert from Hong Kong. I operate three Bitcoin ATMs in Hong Kong since 2014.
https://hkbitcoinatm.com
https://www.facebook.com/hkbitcoinatm

Why I want to do this project?
I encountered a customer who was using my ATM to buy and sell Bitcoin. They heard about Dash other interesting
cryptocurrencies but have no idea how to buy them. They have never heard of Shapeshift etc. A physical machine will make it easier for these people to experience Dash. Also because I am a big believer in Dash. I like to take this opportunity to promote Dash in my ATM shop.

If Dash is to replace Bitcoin like I think it should. It needs to have Dash ATMs. So that ordinary people who never touched cryptos before can buy Dash directly using Fiat.

What is the funding used for?

The Robocoin Generalbyte conversion kit
Freight to transport the 350kg machine to my shop
Endless man hours of my time to setup the machine
Machine

Running cost of the Dash machine etc
I probably will charge ~5% fees for sellingDash. I am already paying the rent of my shop so even if the profit from Dash is low it does not matter I can still operate it. I will still be a good thing to promote Dash in Hong Kong & mainland China guys visiting Hong Kong.

What would happen the proposal is declined?
I will still install the Robocoin but won’t spend the time to install the Dash software and setup server for it etc.

Why should Dash fund this?
My ATM has a lot of customers everyday. Dash will have a physical location to promote itself. A beautifully rebranded Robocoin machine (i.e. one of its kind in Asia) will get a lot of attention. Unlike other one off marketing promotions, Dash will have a marketing foot step at a physical location for a long time.

88 Dash is a huge bargain for Dash team since the original cost of a Robocoin is $25K USD.

A lot of media comes to my shop and take photos
CNBC - https://www.cnbc.com/2016/09/28/got...tbacks-some-say-it-is-stronger-than-ever.html
https://www.storm.mg/article/232675.

16807550_1125837104212354_2824414175249569449_n.jpg

12345417_805286509600750_2017122859743505997_n.jpg

IMG_8255%20(1).jpg

Unfortunately, this wasn't mentioned in Robert's proposal so I'm going to make this clear because everyone who's voting no on this clearly knows nothing about HK.

HK has a _massive_ OFW (Overseas Filipino Worker) population. Right now, many of them are using bitcoin to send money back home. Where do you think they get their bitcoin from, and why do you think Robert already has three machines?

At the moment, Coins.ph - a major Filipino bitcoin-peso exchange - does not support dash, but there are people like myself trying to inform them that there is such demand. After all, dash is cheaper and faster than bitcoin, right?

By saying yes to this proposal, we put dash one step closer to capturing that market.

Dear guys,

Thank you so much for the supports in the comment section.

The Robocoin machine is very wide and deep. There is no way to fit it through the door(s) to inside the shops. There are two sets of doors the machine need to pass before it can get inside the shop. There is no way to take down the doors. Even if the machine can get inside it would occupy a whole chunk of space and feel uncomfortable inside.

I can see the votes are increasing and might very much get funded. I don't want to get the Dash funding and not deliver. So I like to withdraw the proposal before it gets approved.

Please kindly refrain from approving it anymore. The software / hardware upgrade were carefully thought through. However the weight and size was always a challenge.

I will stick a big A3 or A2 size Dash logo at my shop so not to waste your time.

Cheers,

Robert

@ToTheMoon Many MNO do not recheck the body of the proposal, so I believe they are not aware of your latest update. Many of them just use dashvotetracker.com which fetches titles to provide the list and then they vote on the proposal they read some time ago. So pls update the title of your proposal on dashcentral, add "(PLEASE DOWNVOTE)" at the end of it or smth like that, I'll change the title of the thread here as well.

@ToTheMoon Many MNO do not recheck the body of the proposal, so I believe they are not aware of your latest update. Many of them just use dashvotetracker.com which fetches titles to provide the list and then they vote on the proposal they read some time ago. So pls update the title of your proposal on dashcentral, add "(PLEASE DOWNVOTE)" at the end of it or smth like that, I'll change the title of the thread here as well.

Done. Thanks for letting me know.

Dear guys,

Thank you so much for the supports in the comment section.

The Robocoin machine is very wide and deep. There is no way to fit it through the door(s) to inside the shops. There are two sets of doors the machine need to pass before it can get inside the shop. There is no way to take down the doors. Even if the machine can get inside it would occupy a whole chunk of space and feel uncomfortable inside.

I can see the votes are increasing and might very much get funded. I don't want to get the Dash funding and not deliver. So I like to withdraw the proposal before it gets approved.

Please kindly refrain from approving it anymore. The software / hardware upgrade were carefully thought through. However the weight and size was always a challenge.

I will stick a big A3 or A2 size Dash logo at my shop so not to waste your time.

Cheers,

Robert

hey robert
i finally made it here - down voted as requested

as i said before
better to ask for a down vote than to not deliver
so nothing wrong with this
appreciate your honestly !
(robert and me know each other personal from HK)

Back