• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

PIVX is growing rapidly time to wake up

Cut the Miner's stake to 10% and redistribute it to MNs and Treasury

• Yes

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 90.0%

• Total voters
Anyone try to run PIVX in testnet? No data source, nobody running in testnet.

How can it grow without development?

dont know about that , but its growing fast arleady at $100 million market cap , coz they pay 45% to stakers and 45% MNs so they waste no money on power, now can some one explain how having pure POS is vulnerable etc ??

I don't know POS vulnerable or not but there is no cryptocurrency using POS on top of the list, only POW.

dont know about that , but its growing fast arleady at $100 million market cap , coz they pay 45% to stakers and 45% MNs so they waste no money on power, now can some one explain how having pure POS is vulnerable etc ??

You can certainly trade the hype but it's a got a longgg way to go to prove itself. From what I can see, a lot of people are in it to grow their money quickly and then sell back into bitcoin / dash. I think they forked from 12.0, not 12.1, which automatically puts them at a disadvantage. They have a stupid name and they're going to have to balance their POS payouts with MN payouts. None of that is inconceivable but like I say, that's a lot of work and I don't know if they can pull it off when dash has such a big lead. If I had to choose, I would say Crown could possibly be the bigger threat.

Imo, if it's done right, then PoS definitely has a place. Both decred and nem are quite interesting examples.

how do we know what PIVx are not doing right ?

the key i see is marketing , which ever coin spends say 30-40% of treasury on marketing has the greatest chance of success

PIVX marketcap is artificial, typical PnD. Be careful buying into it...

I totally agree with this. The question all PIVX buyers should be asking themselves is what is causing this rapid rise in market cap? Here are a few points to think about:

Are there any major development updates that caused this rapid spike? ---- NO

Is PIVX on major exchanges like kraken? can it be bought directly with fiat? ---- NO

Is PIVX on Poloniex? [Just to put this in perspective, PotCoin with 1/10 th the market cap of PIVX is on poloniex] ---- NO

Pump and dump for sure.

Last edited:
Please don't worry about PIVX. Proof of stake is not as viable long term. Proof of work costs to mine so miners are always selling coins to cover expenses. In POS, there is no incentive to sell so everyone begins hoarding coins. This causes the value to go up rapidly... Sounds good right? The problem is there is no liquidity which will eventually cause It to crash... In other words, when the first big sellers step on board, this coin will drop very fast because of the lack of liquidity... Slow and steady wins the race.

Last edited:
“Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness.” Oscar Wilde

Our masternode model is adopted (with slight variations) by varios currencies with some success. And this is good.
We are viewing how the people are realizing (finally!) that governance and an autonomous budget is essential for blockchain projects.

What they can't copy is this --> https://www.dash.org/team

Anyone who was at the open house came back realizing just how big dash is. It's kind of the big secret still, i didn't see anyone really put into words on how big of deal that was. You don't get people driving or flying thousands of miles overnight. The dash community is sizable and whats already in the pipeline is substantial.

Pivx's meteoric rise in price is good for Dash. Firstly it vindicates the Dash model, and that the market assigned value to the model... second, it further reinforces and supports the market cap of Dash. No way dash will drop to pivx levels of market cap all else being equal.

I don't hold any pivx for the record, but I certainly don't see the rise of Pivx as a threat, any more than I see bitcoin rising as a threat...

Walter

Please don't worry about PIVX. Proof of stake is not as viable long term. Proof of work costs to mine so miners are always selling coins to cover expenses. In POS, there is no incentive to sell so everyone begins hoarding coins. This causes the value to go up rapidly... Sounds good right? The problem is there is no liquidity which will eventually cause It to crash... In other words, when the first big sellers step on board, this coin will drop very fast because of the lack of liquidity... Slow and steady wins the race.
Great point thanks

just curious , what are other issues with POS ?

Last edited:
how do we know what PIVx are not doing right ?

the key i see is marketing , which ever coin spends say 30-40% of treasury on marketing has the greatest chance of success

As others have said, PIVX's "success" - and indeed all the dash clones - is vindication that dash's funding model is superior. All you need to ask is, "what did PIVX develop to earn $100M marketcap?". The short answer is very little, it's foundations are dash.

Having said that, I will say (as I've always said), dash can not afford to sit back and get too relaxed. PIVX, Crown etc all have a single advantage... they are young enough and brave enough to try things that dash has so far rejected (enhanced privacy for example). Dash has done well with marketing, now let's fund some serious R&D and let's be brave to step out of our comfort zone a little.

yes please , lot of people are in a very relaxed attitude , unless we hit 50 billion market cap anyone can replace us

we definitely need tons of spend on marketing , check my strategies for that and possibly enhanced privacy

we need greater speed on things like evolution etc

I think they forked from 12.0, not 12.1
I can confirm this is the case...I downloaded PIVX core and it was a DASH 0.12.0 fork.

The DASH core team's implementation of 0.12.1 was underappreciated. This rollout was highly complex and core's methods combined with the network's execution got the rollout done, in around 10days (I think).

That is a testament to the ecosystem being built by DASH. I view the ecosystem component of DASH as an intangible not easily reproduced.

So, now PIVX is a fork of a fork (DASH itself is a fork of Bitcoin I believe). Furthermore, it is behind by a major revision that DASH will be leveraging in short order. PIVX may produce their own roadmap but I think it will be difficult to keep up.

Just because it looks like nothing is going on, doesn't mean nothing is going on.

Last edited:
The question to ask is this

Why can't dash core rollout as fast pivx who have blatantly copied our code and have a fast rollout schedule ?

Back