• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Sweep paper wallet - HEEEELLLLP

bitzuca

I can't sweep my paper wallet into Electrum-Dash...

My balance appears correctly on the public address and I'm 100% sure of my private key, but when I tape it on Electrum (menu - wallet - private key - import) it says "The following inputs could not be imported".

Does it support BIP38 encrypted pass phrase?

Is there any other place I can try besides Electrum?

I bought a hardware wallet and I want to transfer from paper to it... Please help!

Sounds like you need to decrypt the WIF first, then import it.

Also, I'm pretty sure there are still bugs with electrum and hardware wallets,
so you might want to choose different software to manage the keys on the hardware wallet.

You'll want to do this on the machine that has the wallet.
  • Go to https://paper.dash.org/
  • Disconnect Internet/Unplug Ethernet/Turn off WiFi
  • Click "Wallet Details"
  • Scan and paste or type the encrypted private key (should start with 6)
  • Check the "BIP38 Encrypt?" checkbox
  • Enter passphrase
  • Click "Decrypt BIP38"
  • Copy your "Private Key WIF Compressed" (starts with X)
  • Paste it into your wallet import
  • Close browser, reconnect networking
You may have to initiate a rescan to discover the on-chain funds.
You may have to import the non-compressed version of the WIF depending on where the funds were sent to.

Good luck!

Thank you very much!
I just did the steps you told and I was able to import the address, however the funds on electrum display 0.... How can I initiate a rescan to discover the on-chain funds?
My god, I almost regret put Dash in paper wallet, it is not as easy to sweep as bitcoin...

Are you referring to electrum-dash and hardware wallets for dash?

Yes. I know some users were having issues, but don't know much more than change addresses weren't getting tracked.

Thank you very much!
I just did the steps you told and I was able to import the address, however the funds on electrum display 0.... How can I initiate a rescan to discover the on-chain funds?

You're welcome.

Best I can tell, there's no rescanning per-se.
The server your electrum is pointing to may be the culprit.
Try some alternates, might help.

My god, I almost regret put Dash in paper wallet, it is not as easy to sweep as bitcoin...

Don't regret. Almost or otherwise.
Your issues stem from software, not protocol.

Bitcoin and dash all use the same math and tech. The ecosystems and tool maturity differ, but these things take time.

Back