• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Decrease the miner payout to 25% and use that for marketing

we should decrease the miners payout percentage and put that for marketing

• yes

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • no

Votes: 21 80.8%

• Total voters
Miners have to balance maintenance cost vs reward. If you chop up their reward they will go somewhere else, making a big exodus from the miners who no longer find it profitable to stay with DASH. So yeah, there is a cost associate with the reduction of hashing power.

My point is this ,yes if wedecrease payout few miners might leave ,but if we use that money for marketing ,the price will shoot up and the miners will come back , effectively we lose nothing by decreasing the miner payout

That's not necesarily true. Is more like especulation, and also is not only marketing but business development.

You forget to acknowledge also that DASH is very different to Ethereum, DASH present a bigger risk for all these busineses that rely on CASH, like banks. Ethereum actually plays for the banks with their whole smart contract solutions, is a blockchain technology solution, thats why a lot of the corporations like to talk about blockchain but not about Bitcoin. Well DASH is the Bitcoin part of the equation while Ethereum is the blockchain part.

So is improbable that DASH will get as much party support from big players just by pouring more marketing money.

If you want to spend more money hyping vaporware, submit a proposal.

Marketing is ineffective when you still have nothing to market.

This mentality is motivated by someone bagholding DASH he bought at $100. You want to hype it up by telling people to buy in again.

You should educate yourself to the fact that DASH's killer feature, IX, is broken and unusable. If you spent your time putting pressure on the leadership to get it's heads out of it's asses, and fix this; you wouldn't need marketing. DASH would be used everywhere, outside of the cryptosphere. But putting effort into that would reqire you had actually researched something about DASH in the first place. Which you didn't. Because ponzi/ouija board.

Do we have enough mining power to protect us? If anythig take it from us the masternodes but we didnt use the full budget anyway so theres no need for a change.

Do you realize that miners are needed to keep the dash network secure ... Just holding a masternode because we bought something when it was cheap does not make us overlords ... In my opinion , I would support increasing the miner payout and have masternodes take less. Especially the lazy ones .. who dont even vote .
I dont think you can penalise masternodes for not voting. If you did they would just vote without reading the details of the proposals. We have to accept that most masternodes wont vote, thats just how it is.

Correct , whether you like it or not masternode are overloads now they can change lot of things and can decide everything basically , and personally i like that too , it gives a sense of direction , again i feel most people don't see how much more marketing we need to do and how lightly we are talking that

Remember this guys a currency nothing but a tool with wide spread recognition and you don't get recognition until you consider marketing as an important piece of the puzzle

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Back