• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

The Dash Foundation needs attention

TanteStefana

Foundation Member
First, the Dash Foundation's website ought to be in the community listings, in my opinion :) We really need the foundation to do several jobs for the network; jobs that require an entity. It's already doing this work:

Act as a legal entity for the network when required:
holds ownership of domains\
holds ownership of trademark
initiates legal actions on the network's behalf (trademark)

In so doing, the foundation should be paid for it's services via the budgeting system (which it has)

But unfortunately, the Foundation just sits there, with no reports, no activity. I think we need to begin building it up so it's ready for use. We will need it soon.

With Evan talking about "Branch Offices", I simply can't see trusting just anyone to run a Dash branch office and getting paid via the budgeting system. Who is to ensure they're representing Dash correctly, or even functioning and not just taking their daily stipend and doing nothing? I see this idea, if it's adopted, directly being run by the foundation. If branches must exist.

We will soon need to lobby on Dash's behalf in Washington, Belgium and Ottawa, London etc... Yes, lobbyists. We will need to retain a strong legal team, probably several for different areas of the world. The Foundation will be needed to head this.

I know I'm a bit early on this stuff again, I'm looking a few years into the future, but we need strong membership, strong governance, adherence to the bylaws (which seem very boilerplate) It needs to be cleaned up and ready to go. I don't think anything has been done on the website in 2 years??

If the current board of directors can't pull this together, we should elect new directors, or more directors if the current group is necessary (like Evan, Fernando, etc... because we trust them) Or even better, the Foundation should be given a budget to hire people to work on cleaning it up, maintaining the site, and doing the work we need done.

Lets not leave this until the last minute. There is plenty of work we can already have the Foundation do today if we wanted to. How about organizing a big Dash conference? Maybe it's time to host one ourselves now. The Foundation, if it had employees, could do this, and do it well.

Hell, a conference, if done well, can raise even more funds for spreading the word and adoption!

Last edited:
i agree to some degree
definitely the foundation needs a revamp and a new board !
isn't it time for some elections ?
:rolleyes:
(members vote only - as they are the only once paid fees - this has nothing to do with MN's)

How about a proposal to refund all foundation member fees. Then disband the current system, and have MNs vote for the foundation.

Seems like a missed opportunity not having MNs vote for foundation board.

I like that idea, halso. I think the foundation would get a lot more use/attention that way

As a community project, Dash needs to keep its image up as high as it can, else people will not invest their time and money into the project. Would you deposit your money into a bank that didn't clean up from last year's Christmas party? No. Dash is no different.

Image is one of the most important things we offer our users and investors.

Thus, as a community, we need the very best image possible. However that relates to the Foundation, I may not be the best to judge. But, if the website is not updated constantly, then it is more of a problem than a solution.

How about a proposal to refund all foundation member fees. Then disband the current system, and have MNs vote for the foundation.

Seems like a missed opportunity not having MNs vote for foundation board.

I like the idea. Nevertheless it does not comply to US foundation jurisdiction, where the election needs to be done by its members - and not masternodes.

I like the idea. Nevertheless it does not comply to US foundation jurisdiction, where the election needs to be done by its members - and not masternodes.
Ok, then lets change the roles and responsilities of members. One of their new duties will be to periodicly elect a foundation board, which, will relect the wishes of a popular MN vote.

So, for the purposes of electing the foundation board, members will become effective delegates.

There are lots of precedents of this type of arranagement happening elsewhere.

Would someone post a link to the specific description of the DASH Foundation so I may understand it's function, and if provisions are made for changes to it's scope of activity ?

...I labor under the possible misconception the MasterNode owners are mercenary and mundane, with the Foundation being philanthropical and altruistic when representing DASH, legally.

Best
rc

Am i seeing this correctly - dash is a community project but there are directors and a "legal entity". That means, someone can easily take all the work community made and make it his own, right?

On the dash foundation page it still says "One year individual membership to the Darkcoin Foundation." ect if people navigate to the page.

Is it not possible to update these websites?

Am i seeing this correctly - dash is a community project but there are directors and a "legal entity". That means, someone can easily take all the work community made and make it his own, right?
Nope, the software is open source and the foundation has nothing to do with it. Same with websites and any other asset that is not explicitly owned by the foundation.

On the dash foundation page it still says "One year individual membership to the Darkcoin Foundation." ect if people navigate to the page.

Is it not possible to update these websites?
Corrected, thanks for noticing. I had changed the full descriptions of the products long ago, but it turns out that I had forgot to update that short description because it is not always visible from the admin panel.

Corrected, thanks for noticing. I had changed the full descriptions of the products long ago, but it turns out that I had forgot to update that short description because it is not always visible from the admin panel.
Hi there. I am a great but silent fan of Dash and would like to give a helping hand in some way or another to further develop and help in the mass adoption of Dash to the world. I an an accountant, as well as CEO and founder of an online marketing company. Please let me know where we can help in.

What is the relationship, if any, of the Dash Foundation, and the new legal entity based in Switzerland that allows the Masternodes to buy/own/control other entities or businesses, and also owns or has rights to the fundamental Dash software, etc?

thanks!

So is the Dash foundation still a thing or does this entity become null when we have a legal entity in Switzerland set up? The website looks really unloved and there don't appear to have been any meeting since the 10th of November last year either?

Back