• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Stuck setting up MN, sent the 1,000 dash can't see it anywhere.

ericools

Ok, I am really starting to think I should not have attempted this because I have no idea what happened or what to do.

I was following TAO's Masternode Setup Guide for Dummies, and got all the way to the part where I am supposed to put int "masternode outputs" however it just returns this "{}".

I generated the masternode address as instructed,
XgZwcoAdZDMQhpzw1VArWYZWFuo4xdJtAK and deposited the 1000 dash. It has over 100 confirmations however I don't see it in my wallet (not sure if I am supposed to). I also enabled the Masternodes tab and and I apparently don't have one, again not sure if that's supposed to show up at this point.

Can anyone tell me what happened? How I can get the MN working, or at least how to get to my 1000 dash?

Ok, I am really starting to think I should not have attempted this because I have no idea what happened or what to do.

I was following TAO's Masternode Setup Guide for Dummies, and got all the way to the part where I am supposed to put int "masternode outputs" however it just returns this "{}".

XgZwcoAdZDMQhpzw1VArWYZWFuo4xdJtAK and deposited the 1000 dash. It has over 100 confirmations however I don't see it in my wallet (not sure if I am supposed to). I also enabled the Masternodes tab and and I apparently don't have one, again not sure if that's supposed to show up at this point.

Can anyone tell me what happened? How I can get the MN working, or at least how to get to my 1000 dash?

Have u contacted splawiks21 or moocowmoo?

Where did you send the funds from and to? From an exchange to your wallet?

I have not contacted anyone.

I sent the funds from the same wallet. I had mixing off and private send unchecked as instructed.

Have u contacted splawiks21 or moocowmoo?

Where did you send the funds from and to? From an exchange to your wallet?
I have not contacted anyone.

I sent the funds from the same wallet. I had mixing off and private send unchecked as instructed.

You should wait to contact splawiks21, moocowmoo, or tungfa. Don't touch your wallet till you contact them. Don't do anything with it. Let me see if I can get them in here

Well, have no idea what else I can do, so I'll wait and hope someone knows.

I have put the address into the sign / verify message dialog and it says "Private key for the entered address is not available."

It wouldn't generate an address for me and then just loose they keys would it? I don't understand this..

I loaded my backup on another PC and when it synced up it didn't show the 1000 dash send like this one does, but a 653.87 transaction with arrows going both ways, but the same .04 balance (my change) that this client shows.

Well, have no idea what else I can do, so I'll wait and hope someone knows.

I have put the address into the sign / verify message dialog and it says "Private key for the entered address is not available."

It wouldn't generate an address for me and then just loose they keys would it? I don't understand this..

I loaded my backup on another PC and when it synced up it didn't show the 1000 dash send like this one does, but a 653.87 transaction with arrows going both ways, but the same .04 balance (my change) that this client shows.

Left click on these names and click start a conversation.

@moocowmoo
@admin

Thanks to some help from Reddit I think I have solved this.

I had already opened every automatic backup and didn't find the coins, but I decided to run "getaccountaddress 0" on each of them and the third one generated the address I sent the 1000 dash to.

So that's freaking amazing, I thought I had for sure lost them.

So now the question is why did my client not hold onto that key? and why the fuck doesn't it warn you that it won't it warn you that it might not in the instructions? Is this normal, or some kind of bug?

I had already opened every automatic backup and didn't find the coins, but I decided to run "getaccountaddress 0" on each of them and the third one generated the address I sent the 1000 dash to.

So now the question is why did my client not hold onto that key? and why the fuck doesn't it warn you that it won't it warn you that it might not in the instructions? Is this normal, or some kind of bug?

I wouldn't mess around with that stuff. I have my masternode hosted by splawiks21 for $9 a month. Never try what you don't understand. Honestly consider having your MN hosted by those guys.

Here are some videos you should take a look at:

If you can, send your Dash to a safe wallet. But make sure you understand how everything works. After that, have your MN hosted by splawiks21 or moocowmoo, after that, forget the whole thing and continue with your life.

The only thing I don't understand is how my private key vanished after I generated the address. As far as I can tell I did everything correctly.

Somehow after I generated that address my client lost that key and from that point on generated a different address for "0". Not only that but at least one other backup of the same wallet also generated a different address than either of those for 0. This does not seem like something that should be happening.

The only thing I don't understand is how my private key vanished after I generated the address. As far as I can tell I did everything correctly.

Somehow after I generated that address my client lost that key and from that point on generated a different address for "0". Not only that but at least one other backup of the same wallet also generated a different address than either of those for 0. This does not seem like something that should be happening.

You should use 2 different computers when sending and receiving imo. Did you get ur dash back, is everything good now?

Yes, I found it by going though the automatic backups and doing "getaccountaddress 0" in each of them. The third one generated the address I sent to and showed my 1000 dash balance afterwards.

Yes, I found it by going though the automatic backups and doing "getaccountaddress 0" in each of them. The third one generated the address I sent to and showed my 1000 dash balance afterwards.

Alright, make sure you encrypt the wallet with the 1,000 Dash. Save the password for the encryption. Make sure you get the private key, and save the private key. Backup the wallet in at least 3 different USBS. USBS do go bad with humidity over time so be sure to buy a new USB every couple of months or so just to be safe... guard that stuff from floods, fires and thieves.

Yep, I have been working with bitcoin wallets since 2011. I'm usually pretty paranoid about having enough backups.

That's really weird... Key definitely should be saved unless wallet crashed in some unpredictable way. And actually even then, if key status was not saved, it simply should be one of keypool keys but still known to the wallet... Can you send me debug.log pls so that I try to have a closer look? [email protected]

Back