• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Baikal New miner Giant-A900 Now open for sale

I don't understand the difference between the two in relation to the subject at hand to say, I've seen both terms used in what I've been reading so far - but yes, I probably should have said ASIC vs. FPGA. I just had to Google the difference so I'll chalk that up to learning something new today :D
Basically, the one thing an ASIC was programmed to do will be the only thing it will ever do in all its life.
An FPGA, on the other hand, is a reprogrammable chip. But it doesn't run an OS. It's freaking fast because it's all hardware - no software lagging and no possibility of a crash. You flash a bitfile ("program" which tells the FPGA what operations and calculations it will perform internally) you power it up, and off it goes!

Now, I'm unaware of the use of FPGAs in the crypto mining world. Probably the bitfiles that do the hashing algorithms aren't publicly available. If they would be, you could theoretically use an FPGA to hash any algorithm, just change the bitfile.

Edit: FPGAs are usually used by developers who want an inexpensive way to test their algorithms before commiting to an ASIC design. One they got all the nuts and bolts down by compiling and flashing several bitfiles in the FPGA, they can take that algorithm and put it into production using ASICs, which are cheaper to manufacture, but can't be repurposed like FPGAs do.

Edit: FPGAs are usually used by developers who want an inexpensive way to test their algorithms before commiting to an ASIC design. One they got all the nuts and bolts down by compiling and flashing several bitfiles in the FPGA, they can take that algorithm and put it into production using ASICs, which are cheaper to manufacture, but can't be repurposed like FPGAs do.

That makes perfect sense, thanks for filling me in :)

I`m from Canada and wanted to buy the A-900. I found a canadian site, but I`m afraid it might be a scam. Does anyone know bitcoinware . net (sorry can`t post any links yet)?

@cryptodealer I was inferring to @BAIKAL being slightly disingenuous, disguised as producers of the DASH ASIC.

I found Shenzhen Topline Technology to be the A900 original manufacturer, and they accept bitcoin and drop-ship.

What baikalminer might be doing is accept your btc, send btc to Shenzhen Topline Technology, having them drop-ship.

On baikalminer, you are not able to see the price but venture to guess the price is higher to skim btc. Quantity discount is for comparison.

Have you personally purchased from them?

Have you personally purchased from them?

I purchased from baikalminer before for the mini for $300.
I haven't purchased from Shenzhen Topline Technology (toplinesz.en.alibaba). Have you?

They seem to have a lot of different baikal miners. I have been scammed before so I am going slow on my next purchase.

I purchased from baikalminer before for the mini for $300.
I haven't purchased from Shenzhen Topline Technology (toplinesz.en.alibaba). Have you?

They seem to have a lot of different baikal miners. I have been scammed before so I am going slow on my next purchase.

I have not, but was thinking to do so mainly because @Roslyn says that they're the actual manufacturer of the miners, which I find odd as they name of the product has "baikal" in them. I don't think I'm ready to trust a seller who's not the official manufacturer and also doesn't have positive feedback from someone in the forums.

I've also almost been scammed, so I'm being careful as well.

Iam in Contact with Shenzhen Topline...i have a cousin in Hongkong he will check this wholeseller..

then i will see what they are... i have proforma invoice from them...i looks all good but u find any information about shenzhen topline etc..

Ive been in contact with them, toplinesz.. grabbed the contact off of alibaba. Susan informed me that they had limited supplies of cubes. So i called her and told her im making a big order purchase. 40-50 cubes. She said can pre order and will be shipped within the month.i told her its a large amount of money, she assured me that they been sellin on alibaba for 3 yrs. So i told her since this is a large amount of money i would prefer to fly down to shenzhen and do the payment transction in person at their office, the address they listed. Atleast i can see for my own eyes who im trusting a 30 day wait period with my money. She said not possible to visit the office as a safety, privacy concern.. So i asked her if can order through alibaba, she said cube not listed yet. Asked her to list it and i will make the purchase,
she goes and tell me they dont sell on alibaba anymore.

Just want to let the community know my experience with toplinesz.
You guys can make your own judgment off this.

Thanks for the very objective information, Smining. The conclusion I draw is, I don't trust them. How would they just refuse to personally accept payment from someone willing to invest $40k ~ $50k? It's an office, not a bunker. Not sore what all the secrecy is about.
I just bought 2 cubes from @JasonHan tonight. They should be arriving in a week or 2, depending on customs. I'll let you know how it goes.

Yea this is my first step into this x11 mining.. so thought i would share with the community my experience with suppliers as im sure i will be sticking around for a very long time..
Ive spoken to jason han too as im very desperate to get my hands on about 15000 mh/s .. do let me know how it goes, he offered me a900 coming from a south korea supplier.. im still consider on the price and not sure if he will pull through.. so please do update about your dealings with him

Whaaaat?? 15000 MH/s? As in 15 GH/s? Is there such an ASIC? I thought the fastest one was the Giant 900 MH/s.

In the past, I've purchased an ASIC from someone in the forum, but we used an escrow. In Jason's case he needs the funds send directly to him. And buying 2 Giants from him (my initial consideration) was too high a price for a first interaction. So I ordered 2 Cubes from him and we'll see how it goes. If it works, I'll probably order Giants from him.

Baikal Sold out on Their site. Confirmed in Message today from them.
Trying all over Alibaba.

Lol total to 15000mh/s for now, and not from 1 asic.. ive tried with alibaba and frankly dont trust most of them cause of form of payment. Really i feel i can only trust baikal with this amount of money atm. Shame they cant be more direct or more open to discussing a deal.

They are sold out now. didn't even get to the site. I fear now only available through Chinese sites or Alibaba... Talking to Topline now but they want payment done outside of alibaba...

Has anyone used https://www.mininghardwares.com/ ?

Is it safe? BTC payments only..

Last edited:
You guys could try buying from resellers in the Dash forums. I've purchased a Giant from one of them and it's working great.
Just last night I purchased 2 Cubes from another guy in the forums and see how it goes.

Do you Have link of any for sale? or trusted person? Giant would be nice :p

Just speaking with the FAKE Baikal Skype account. he wants me to pay BTC, lots in Stock lol

Thanks!

Hey Smining, just to keep you in the loop, I'm afraid that I won't be able to help you out to make your setup go that high since I'm on my last ones.. =/ I have 5 now but 2 reserved by LostInSpace and 1 for mrearthbound and I have 2 left which I would like to sell it to Chris (my first contact on this forum who wanted to buy) since he has been waiting for weeks and has been contacting me ever since to check on the first sold Giant status but he's hasn't checked his facebook messenger yet.. Anyhow, if he doesn't want them I can sell these two remaining ones to you then.

Back