• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Baikal X11 Giant setup help

Luke4447

Hi I was wondering if I able to set up the Baikal x11 Giant miner with my Macbook? Do I need to download the miner onto my computer from the mining pool? Do I need windows on my mac to do so or do i straight up need a windows or linux computer set up? I am hoping i can just set the miner up with my macbook and let it do its thing, if not please let me know...thanks

Hi I was wondering if I able to set up the Baikal x11 Giant miner with my Macbook? Do I need to download the miner onto my computer from the mining pool? Do I need windows on my mac to do so or do i straight up need a windows or linux computer set up? I am hoping i can just set the miner up with my macbook and let it do its thing, if not please let me know...thanks
You can set up your Baikal miner using any computer you wish. I set mine up with my Linux machine initially, but I have also accessed it through a Macbook, a PC, and even a Raspberry Pi web browser.

See Baikal devices are managed completely through a web interface. All you do is plug it in, connect it to your router via ethernet cable, and find the device on your network. Type in the IP address as you see it on your router (you should see the host name as Baikal).

Then type in the password that your device came with (probably "Baikal") and you're in. Everything is managed through there.

Back