• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Budget Proposal: Dash/cryptocurrency conferences throughout Ukraine

Would you like to upvote if it was a proposal?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dmitriybtc

Monthly conferences about cryptocurrency and Dash in Kiev and other cities of Ukraine.

The updates on proposal will be posted on this thread (Ukrainian DASH community).

Key points:
  • 3 months
  • frequency of conferences: monthly
  • price: 20 DASH
  • proof of work (photos, videos) on twitter and separate forum thread
  • long-term commitment
Progress:

- first meetup was held on April 8th at Reikartz Zhytomyr (Zhytomyr) - report
- second meetup was held on April 20th at Hub 4.0 (Kiev) - report
- third meetup was held on April 26th at 1900Coworking (Kiev) - report
- forth meetup was held on June 17th at Optima Vinnitsia (Vinnitsia) - report
- fifth meetup was held on July 22nd at Bordo Business House (Kherson) - report

Dash presentations that were used:
Proposal.

My actual proposal is related to further expansion of our community and bringing the awareness of Dash and upcoming Dash Evolution.

In this case my partner (@slava_m) and I are planning to create conferences throughout Ukraine every month regardless cryptocurrencies, Dash in particular.

We’re currently working together on a few big projects that are related to Blockchain and cryptocurrency space in general. One of those projects soon will be announced to the Dash community. I bet you’re going to love it.

Location.

All of this will be done in Kiev first, which is the capital of the largest country in Europe. We have quite big Blockchain-related community which is growing exponentially.

For the last year I had a chance to meet with Vlad Zamfir (one of the leading Ethereum researchers and developers), Joseph Poon and Thaddeus Dryja (the guys who work on Lightning Network), Ariel Gabizon (one of the engineers at ZCash) and a lot more interesting individuals who changed me a lot.

So for those who wasn’t sure of Ukrainian’s involvement in this space, believe me it is strong.

In any case, I want to make a long-term commitment with Dash because I really adore this community and I believe this cryptocurrency will be the one that will go to the masses with the help of all of us at DashNation.

Long-term vision
: start from Kiev, then move to other large cities in Ukraine.

Verification
: photos, blog posts and videos will be provided to verify my work.
You can follow all of my history on twitter.

Evaluation: surveys or feedback from attendees will be a method of evaluation of the work that was done. It also can be used for future improvements.

Timing: April-June (3 months) in Ukraine.

Price
: 20 DASH/month, 5 DASH reimbursement included (from the first month).

The rise of Dash's price is phenomenal, hence I decided to create a budget allocation that a lot of you asked for. For those who don’t know yet one of the masternodes owner GuerraDiValute and me agreed to have a $1200/month limit for this proposal.

All of the expenses are going to be used in the following way:

1. Expenditures on conference hall:
  • Rent itself (befirst.com.ua conference hall) – $350.
  • Catering – included
2. Printed material costs:
  • Booklets about DASH and how it works (210 х 297 mm) – $30 per 1000 booklets
  • Banners – $100 for 2 banners
  • Posters for advertisement (420 x 598 mm) – $50 per 100 posters
3. Advertising:
  • Official Facebook events advertising - $300
4. Salary - $300

5. Extra funds:
  • Dash giveaway - $200
  • Dash attributes (T-shirts, badges or stickers) - $200
  • The rest - donation to Dash network
About me.

My name is Dmitriy Baimuratov. I'm from Kiev, Ukraine.

Currently I'm graduating university as a software engineer (3 months left) which is kind of cool. However I figured out that programming is not what I want to dedicate my life to.

At the same time for the last 1.5 years I became involved with cryptocurrencies and truly enjoy public speaking. So the combination of two are a sweet spot for me.

I always wanted to be a part of some really amazing project. However it was a struggle to find something that has a potential to get crypto to the masses, until I saw Dash Evolution in action by Amanda B Johnson.

I knew about Dash for some time but it’s that visual representation of a platform that made me convinced that I want to be a part of this journey 100%. I don’t want to write a ton of info about me and how I came up to Dash, you can just read my latest blog post right here.

P.S. The proposal is updated from weekly meetups to monthly conferences.

Last edited:
Hi Dmitriy, Great initiative!

As IMO - I would support it , but with some conditions:
1. Money will be payed not directly, but thought trusted Dash project manager, after work is done properly.
2. You expertise is verified to represent Dash properly.
3. There will be videos in good quality, those can be usable for Dash promotion on Dash official Youtube channel - for wide Russian speaking audience in Internet.

Good luck with your proposal!

Hi Dmitriy, Great initiative!

As IMO - I would support it , but with some conditions:
1. Money will be payed not directly, but thought trusted Dash project manager, after work is done properly.
2. You expertise is verified to represent Dash properly.
3. There will be videos in good quality, those can be usable for Dash promotion on Dash official Youtube channel - for wide Russian speaking audience in Internet.

Good luck with your proposal!

Thanks for your interest. I really appreciate that.
I have a question about how the first one can be done? I haven't heard of it before.

About videos, I hope I will find somebody who can help me. I have a camera though so it simplifies the process.

Also, good idea is - to start your "Dash career" - by participating in https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dashforce-meetup-contest.12802/
So participating in it can solved many potential risks before submitting your own proposal:
1. You can earn DASH relatively easy
2. You can demonstrate your competence and so on
3. You will start earning your reputation inside community (it's very helpful for independent proposal).

I like the idea but I would also require the conditions that @alex-ru mentioned in order to support the project. Since you are still looking to establish a reputation, demonstration of expertise and documented work should be completed prior to payout. I hope there will be a trusted community or core team member who would be willing help you to achieve this :)

I'm not sure that you'll be able to keep weekly schedule. There are simply not enough conferences and meetups in Ukraine right now.

I'm not sure that you'll be able to keep weekly schedule. There are simply not enough conferences and meetups in Ukraine right now.

I know that will be a challenge. But my plan is not to be a speaker at those meetings or conferences but instead create new meetings. That's obviously a very chanllenging task to do but I'll do my best to make it a reality.

Ok, what's your list of cities and how you plan to collect the crowd? Do you have experience in running meetups and conferences?

Try with one meetup and reflect here, perhaps?

Ok, what's your list of cities and how you plan to collect the crowd? Do you have experience in running meetups and conferences?

Try with one meetup and reflect here, perhaps?

For now I'm starting in Kiev and then move to Lviv and Odessa which are also 2 biggest cities.

I didn't have an experience with organizing a conference or a meetup but I have friends that did, they will help me for sure.
The way I'm going to market the event is by the website of particular coworking space, through contests with my friends (which is a brand new idea that I come up just right now), and probably facebok ads if necessary.

Please view https://www.dashcentral.org/p/Weekly-keynotes-throughout-Ukraine and see my comments about this proposal. We have established a basic rate in USD and I screenshotted our discussion and posted it.

I also like the ideas of others above, but I am not sure how we would get a manager over the funds. I am open to suggestion and hope to see some. It seems to me, the only need for a manager over the funds would be to get this started. Also, to be sure dmitriybtc will be truthful/prove about meetups, and transparent with extra funds. Maybe @babygiraffe can give some good input on this.

http://imgur.com/a/4vLRY

Just in case that image is lost, here is the agreement.

" The agreement between the Dash community and @dmitriybtc is a max of $1200 USD per month, for 3 months, with all excess funds donated in the form of "Dash QR Cards" (Paper Wallets) either at meetups or on social media to gain attention for meetups.

When the Dash funds arrive to the proposal address the community will be able to see how they are spent! Please load the cards using a simple amount like .25 Dash so this can be easily verified. So excited to see some pretty Dash QR Cards being handed to those eager to learn about cryptocurrency.

Thank you again for working with the community to come to a reasonable goal. Will check back in soon to see how things are going and please feel free to share your presentation ideas in the slack chat. "

EDIT: Would also be open to the idea of using some excess funds for travel and hotel in a verified way where we can see the travel expense is reasonable. This would be in later months once you are able to travel a bit to organize other meetups and hand out some Dash cards/present. This is another acceptable way to burn excess funds in the future while you expand.

Last edited:
Ok... You seem to be determined :)

3 months weekly is something like 13 meetups. If you'll come up with the list of 13 venues to hold the meetup (you'll have to compile at least 3x that size to make 13 meetups), I'll vote yes. Also, I will put you in contact with Toly Kaplan, the Founder/CEO of Forklog (Odessa) and couple other public figures in Ukrainian cryptospace. They might have useful ideas to help you to carry this on.

Ok... You seem to be determined :)

3 months weekly is something like 13 meetups. If you'll come up with the list of 13 venues to hold the meetup (you'll have to compile at least 3x that size to make 13 meetups), I'll vote yes. Also, I will put you in contact with Toly Kaplan, the Founder/CEO of Forklog (Odessa) and couple other public figures in Ukrainian cryptospace. They might have useful ideas to help you to carry this on.

Yeah, I'm actually working on a list right now. And I would really appreciate if you put me in contact with Toly Kaplan, it seems I met him on one of the conferences here in Kiev. He is a great guy.

Yeah, I'm actually working on a list right now. And I would really appreciate if you put me in contact with Toly Kaplan, it seems I met him on one of the conferences here in Kiev. He is a great guy.

PM me with your email and/or FB handle. And the list of 13 venues :)

I will check in on the blog, proposal, social media, and here again soon. I see you are already in discussion with a few locals, got a list of places to do meetups, and its very good to see that progress.

I hope others have taken the time to see that this proposal is still very reasonable for the budget that we have. Especially now that the Dash price is around high 80s low 90s at the time of writing this. My votes will stay Yes of course and I hope others will join!

Lookin' good, keep it up.

Yeah, tomorrow I'll have a very interesting meeting with a person who is from Netherlands but lives here in Kiev. I bet we'll have a lot to discuss. That's so awesome to have people who are interested in Dash here in Ukraine. I'm thrilled about that. Who knows maybe together we'll have a ton of new ideas of how to get Dash to the new level of presence and awareness in our country even.

Yeah, tomorrow I'll have a very interesting meeting with a person who is from Netherlands but lives here in Kiev. I bet we'll have a lot to discuss. That's so awesome to have people who are interested in Dash here in Ukraine. I'm thrilled about that. Who knows maybe together we'll have a ton of new ideas of how to get Dash to the new level of presence and awareness in our country even.
People love to see presentations on money when money is needed so badly.

Reactions: Pim
People love to see presentations on money when money is needed so badly.
Haha, I guess you're right :)

But I wish people really understand that the money is not the most important thing in our lives. It's who we become, what relationships we develop and what impact we make on others is what really matters at the end.

Reactions: Pim
Back