• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

X11 ASIC Baikal Mini Miner Spec

I've contacted several vendors and they're all out of X11 ASICs in general. They don't know when they'll have stock. So if you find someone who does have stock, please share :)
I've been on back order for over a week and still no reply

You can find someone who wanna sell his device but the issue it's double price which I don't like it

BEWARE!! No Answer from Asicminermarket.com!

I made an order for Giant 900 BAIKAL, but no sending and none answer.

BEWARE!! No Answer from Asicminermarket.com!

I made an order for Giant 900 BAIKAL, but no sending and none answer.

Thanks for confirming. I've initiated discussions with PayPal to get my refund and buy through Baikal directly.

How did you make your payment?

Wow... so it seems like everyone and his dog and the dog's fleas all want to buy X11 ASICs right now. That includes me. I already have 1 Baikal mini-miner. I bought it about 3 weeks before the dash price went skywards. I should have bought a quad-miner obviously.

It is possible to buy the Pinidea DU-1 USB X11 ASIC but it's only 9mh/s @12W and when I look at the thread about them on this site there are too many scary posts from people who can't get them to work. Besides - they seem to only actually achieve 7-8mh/s if you do get them working, so if you buy 5 of them (which costs more than the last price for a Baikal mini-miner) you might get 40mh/s @ 60W if you are lucky.

So anyway - I got my mini-miner directly from Baikal and that is what I would recommend, when and if they ever have them in stock again. When I ordered, I used their website, placed the order, emailed them with the order number, got a price in Dash and an address to pay it to, paid the Dash, emailed them a screenshot of the confirmed transaction, then waited only about 1 week (delivery to Australia) and it arrived. I think I must have got one of the last ones available!

If I hear from them (I email them at least once a week asking when they will have more available) I will post the news here, after I have ordered a quad-miner. Unless of course they see all this demand and decide to triple the price! Which I think is entirely possible.

hi

I just found out today that I lost 1.8 BTC because baikal say that I spoke on skype, I ordered, and I paid an order with a fake Baikal seller.

Probably right, but as well can not be verified identity of the seller, and after you get some money in the wallet you can say that you are not your own wallet.

If you have the patience to read the accompanying discussion below of mail and skype perhaps you will understand yourself.

I can not say that Baikal is a liar but neither can check if it is correct.

I have no interest to denigrate baikal but I lost some money and I want you to be careful when you place an order to not lose money like me.

I'm a miner for more than a year and all the equipment that I have, was been bought from the store or in direct contact with the seller.

Of course this is the first and last time the when I buy from a website obscure.

Below are discussions with the property and forgery seller from Baikal.

!!!!!! check 100 times when paid to Baikal :))))

That's terrible. I had no problems and it was just by email. You said "below are discussions...." but I see no link or attachmnet. I would be very interested to read it.

I will say that the way they run their ordering is very weird and not very inspiring of confidence. It isn't like a "proper" web store at all. You get an order number and then you are supposed to email or skype someone. Maybe that is when they decide if they can rip you off or not. No receipt numbers or real records. I found out about a group-buy discount and applied for it when ordering. When I had to pay - whoever it was who gave me the price in Dash pretty much "adjusted" the Dash price so that my discount went away. I paid anyway but then I emailed back and said that it was very unprofessional for a company selling X11 miners to not be able to use a current Dash price. They apologized but I didn't get a refund. I would have expected Dash payments right from the website, not a situation where the website gives you an order number then you have to email it to someone. That feels like someone is "obscuring" the sales process somehow.

Anyway - when you order from Baikal from a "Western" country you are communicating with people from a very different culture from ours. Communication problems are going to happen. Who knows what the legal staus of the "company" selling these miners is. Maybe they aren't actually supposed to be selling crypto tech to us. Who knows....

I've been wondering - why can't some engineer/s from USA, UK, Australia or whatever write code for an ASIC or FPGA and get them manufactured in Taiwan or even China and then buy some cheap SBC controller like a Rasberry Pi and then sell X11 miners? Is it all just too expensive? Why do ASICs have to come from China?

That's terrible. I had no problems and it was just by email. You said "below are discussions...." but I see no link or attachmnet. I would be very interested to read it.

I will say that the way they run their ordering is very weird and not very inspiring of confidence. It isn't like a "proper" web store at all. You get an order number and then you are supposed to email or skype someone. Maybe that is when they decide if they can rip you off or not. No receipt numbers or real records. I found out about a group-buy discount and applied for it when ordering. When I had to pay - whoever it was who gave me the price in Dash pretty much "adjusted" the Dash price so that my discount went away. I paid anyway but then I emailed back and said that it was very unprofessional for a company selling X11 miners to not be able to use a current Dash price. They apologized but I didn't get a refund. I would have expected Dash payments right from the website, not a situation where the website gives you an order number then you have to email it to someone. That feels like someone is "obscuring" the sales process somehow.

Anyway - when you order from Baikal from a "Western" country you are communicating with people from a very different culture from ours. Communication problems are going to happen. Who knows what the legal staus of the "company" selling these miners is. Maybe they aren't actually supposed to be selling crypto tech to us. Who knows....

I've been wondering - why can't some engineer/s from USA, UK, Australia or whatever write code for an ASIC or FPGA and get them manufactured in Taiwan or even China and then buy some cheap SBC controller like a Rasberry Pi and then sell X11 miners? Is it all just too expensive? Why do ASICs have to come from China?

I posted yesterday when I was very nervous and I forgot to attach and discussion with them. is quite long but I hope I will not bored is proof of what happened

Attachments

• Gmail - baikal giant A900 mail discussion 11.jpg
    Gmail - baikal giant A900 mail discussion 11.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 202
  • Gmail - baikal giant A900 mail discussion 12.jpg
    Gmail - baikal giant A900 mail discussion 12.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 205
  • Gmail  baikal giant A9001.jpg
    Gmail baikal giant A9001.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 220
  • Gmail  baikal giant A9003.jpg
    Gmail baikal giant A9003.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 218
  • Gmail  baikal giant A9004.jpg
    Gmail baikal giant A9004.jpg
    389 KB · Views: 212
  • Gmail  baikal giant A9005.jpg
    Gmail baikal giant A9005.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 213
  • Gmail : baikal giant A9006.jpg
    Gmail : baikal giant A9006.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 237
  • Gmail : baikal giant A9002.jpg
    Gmail : baikal giant A9002.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 204

and more...

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 212
  • Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 199
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 204
  • Untitled3.jpg
    Untitled3.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 202

:))))) or another proof :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1804508.0

That's so crazy ! I had no issue buying from them , i bought the mini miners .. twice from them , one for my self and the other one just recent, but i had to push rely hard before they agreed to sale one more for me, because they only wanted to sale one item to one customer, when I wanted more they told me it was all gone! IF you push harder they all sale to you, at first they will say they are out of stock.

The only bad experience i had was exactly @newmz has explained.(took 3 days before they shipped after i made payment via skype.. aside from that it was all good but was seriously nervous until I received my miners
1. My question is ...., did contact them first .. so m gonna ask you how did you or where did you get the email contact from ?
2. the skype ID of the sales person was baikalminer with the blue bikal logo with live:bikalteam skype name

Ya, looks like you talked to the wrong skype contact and got scammed.
For all the buyers, the safest is to confirm by sending email to baikal directly. And not necessarily even trust unsolicited emails from baikalminer.com. Lots of scammers spoof email address from reputable companies.

Back