• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Decentralised exchange? Work hours/resources involved?

Anarchy in the UK

All the posters on Bitcointalk - and everywhere else in the crypto 'community', come to think of it - are ranting about the importance of getting a decentralised exchange up and running. I agree with them.

Does anybody have an idea about the costs involved, in hiring a pro to do this? And the technical difficulty level? Total likely number of working hours etc.?

Maybe we could have a fund-raising effort, to get this off the ground - or even try to convince Evan to make it his next DRK project.

What do you think?

Aside from just making it, it's a big problem to be solved. How does one make such a thing? Would it be an automatic trading platform such as an exchange? Or would it be an escrow where two people agree to a simple transaction, so many thiscoin for so many thatcoin? Or is there some brilliant other idea? Once there is a solution to how, then it's just a matter of putting it together. I don't think the how has been completely solved yet though?? And then, once again, it has to be hack proof...

As far as I know there is no known way currently to exchange fiat without the use of centralization. (I feel like that's a buzz word.)

I think it's probably the most important thing that needs to be done in the Crypto world. With all of the large and small "Goxings" going on; I can see how people can become jaded by Cryptos.

I think a de-centralized exchange would solve this, and cut out the middlemen! Cut out the 3rd party and make it apart of a network.

I'm not an expert but it sounds like a complex problem, especially when you have multiple blockchains exchanging different currencies back and forth, not to mention the Fiat problem.

But yeah maybe you have an "automated escrow exchange block-chain"... (I'm just making that up, don't know if it's technically possible). As for Fiat it's a whole other ball game because obviously it has different properties.

I'd think it would cost alot of time/money, and wouldn't be surprised if someone was already working on it... Even a VC backing it.

I think too than de-centralized exchange is the next level.
At this time a dont find how to by and sale coin easily.
If a want to buy some DRK, i have to buy bitcoin or lite coin, let my coins on an centrazed exchange, then by DRK.
Im very new from coin, i dont understand how bitcoin can have great secced with that work methode.
And as chiness show us today, if central bank dont want bitcoin, they can.

The 1st coin who can do this rule the world. In my part i can sale my services in DRK if i can exchange it to an other personne without centralized exchange.

Back