• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

India

india was an english colony long enough so english is very widely spoken - specially in the bangalore tech scene - which we are aiming for in this

i think what is more needed is a local indian community to engage and promote dash

Just to mention the situation in India where cash has been banned from the streets (more or less)

DASH needs urgently
- a tanslation into Hindi
- a Hindi Wikipedia entry
- a Hindi mobile wallet

Maybe a specialized website for India would be good

Hello.

I am from Bangalore, India.

almost all websites here are in English. If you want to promote DASH in India, English is just fine as a language because the target audience can and do transact in English. Also, DASH will hit home well if the Instant transactions are DEMONSTRATED in real time to traders. Cred cards are (for now) the defacto mode of payment as due to the demonetization of large value currency notes, there is a massive cash flow crunch happening right now. People are standing in serpentine queues to deposit / exchange their INR 1000 and INR 500 notes for the new legal tender.

So if with instnatX we can demonstrate the power of DASH vis-a-vis a credit card transaction that takes longer than instant, we can make a solid, bulletproof case for using DASH.

Bitcoin is considered legal and i see no reason why DASH should not be treated the same way.

Please do not hesitate to communicate with me, I will do all i can in my ability to push DASH here.

I hope it answers your question?

P.S. I can help with hindi Translations. But what is the purpose? What is the objective of the translation? If Hindi, then only northern half of india will get it. In the south of India (where I am), 3 other languages rule: Viz: Kannada, Tamil and Malayalam (a palindrome, BTW).

Afaik @Poltergeist might help here. Am i right?
Might you take the translations under your wings?
Same as @HashEngineering android mobile wallet language which you can find here --》www.transifex.com/dash/dash-wallet/languages
@flare might give you translator access. Just say yes ;)
Thanks for the heads up! Yes indeed i can. But as mentioned in an earlier message, it makes sense to stick with English because thats the target audience language for business transactions.

Let me know if you need any local knowledge or inputs. Glad to help further DASH here, in Bengaluru / India :)

@Poltergeist
would it make sense to prepare a proposal for mass marketing in India. I know that lots of social media marketing is going on there. That for I think it will not only hit the region but also the opportunity. What do you think?

would it make sense to prepare a proposal for mass marketing in India. I know that lots of social media marketing is going on there. That for I think it will not only hit the region but also the opportunity. What do you think?

Bitcoin is just taking off as an investment option, at least in Bangalore. It's been around for a while, but with the recent demonetization of some currency notes, bitcoin is getting some exposure.
Yes, it makes sense to create a proposal but over here, things need to be shown as working before people even consider DASH as a mode of payment / transact in DASH. My DASH is useless in the current scenario because firstly, DASH is not heard of. Next, Even if a merchant accepts any Cryptocurrency it'll most likely be Bitcoin.
I am willing to show a proof of concept and make a case for using DASH as a medium of exchange (instead of or akin to) fiat. The point is, firstly, i have to buy BTC uusing fiat. Then use shapeshift to convert BTC to DASH. In the process i lose some DASH as TX fees for Shape shift.
Also, I need to have a DASH "exchange" where, like localbitcoins, i can call up someone, give them cash (or accept cash from themm) and buy my DASH (or Transfer DASH to their wallet).
I think the time is right for DASH here. But the hiccup i see from the viewpoint of the merchant is, ultimately, I need to be able to convert DASH to fiat in as painless a manner as possible. Then too, there are the legal / KYC / AML roadblocks which i believe go against the whole concept of a cryptocurrency (i mean they are no longer anonymous). So if we are able to crack the manner in which DASH can be easily and swiftly converted to fiat and can have that machinery in place, we got ourselves a winner.

As for Marketing proposal, I don't see anything wrong in going ahead with it. But post the marketing activities, one should be able to action the product / service effectively. If, after marketing activity, one does not have a way to address and implement what i talked about above, then the benefits will fade away quickly from the minds of the target audience and they will continue with cred cards / cash transactions (only because they still work and can be converted to fiat).

DASH as an investment option is one thing that a large segment of the target audience can be convinced about. But that means hoarding DASH (like i do). Is that what we as a vibrant DASH community want? Will it impact the economic system of DASH (large whales hoarding DASH may "unbalance" the DASH supply - demand cycle. That's something i have no knowledge of and that is something the core group should consider / address).

Generating an income using @splawik21 supershares instead of keeping DASH idle (like i do) is another option that can be sold to the target audience.

There are also (at least) 3 Bitcoin exchanges that are functional in India right now. btcxindia.com zebpay.com and unocoin.com But they're Bitcoin. Of these, zebpay has enabled users to top up their talk time on their telephony plans and this is a big draw for people since they now can use bitcoins as fiat / currency.

DASH needs to take cognizance of the unique needs of the indian economy and i am certain DASH will blow everyone away with the instant transactions. But the point is the other end of the chain, where users need to convert to/from fiat. The only viable option right now to me is investment option for DASH in India. i.e. viewing DASH as an investment rather than being used as currency / instead of fiat.

TLDR: -So to cut a long story short, yes a proposal for mass marketing in India is good but it should not turn into an awareness campaign. It should market a use case (or many) and those use cases should see the light of day quickly.

EDIT: added "quickly".

Last edited:
There is an ongoing proposal for the https://wallofcoins.com integration. I think that would be a good solution for India to exchange fiat against DASH. Another one are debit cars like Uquid. On the other side Shapeshift.io and https://www.coinpayments.net should word seemless in India too (please tell me if I am wrong).
With that background it would make sense to setup a proposal after WOC is done.

http://europeindiaconclave.com
3a5a1f01b2b1.jpg

Is Coinfirm attending? - I sure hope so because then we'd have a much greater chance of getting someone there.

Can you suggest the way to start with DASH investment in INDIA . I could not find any . I will be interested to learn where to start . Thanks

Hi Suraj and welcome to DASH community!
I have invested in DASH and i am from Bangalore India.
I am not sure if you are aware but starting up a masternode is out of reach for many people here (in India)(including me). But we have a DASH mastershare service that is run by @splawik21 who can provide more information on that.
As far as purchasing DASH in India is concerned, I first purchased bitcoins locally, and then use a service like shapeshift which converts one cryptocurrency into another based on few constraints. so this way i have my DASH with me and have given them to @splawik21

unufortunately as of today, one cannot purchase DASH directly in india so i use this method described above.
let me know if you have any more questions. i am glad to help.

Look for local Bitcoin meetups, perhaps? Not only can you possibly buy some coins from people, but you may get insight as to how they buy. Is there really no service in India? I see this company when I search buying Bitcoin: https://www.unocoin.com/ Once you have Bitcoin, you can transfer them to Poloniex or any exchange you like, and trade them for Dash. We are supposed to get an exchange that will sell Dash/Fiat (probably only USD and Euro) So that probably won't help you :(

Please note, I don't know how well unocoin works, but it seems popular?

I
Look for local Bitcoin meetups, perhaps? Not only can you possibly buy some coins from people, but you may get insight as to how they buy. Is there really no service in India? I see this company when I search buying Bitcoin: https://www.unocoin.com/ Once you have Bitcoin, you can transfer them to Poloniex or any exchange you like, and trade them for Dash. We are supposed to get an exchange that will sell Dash/Fiat (probably only USD and Euro) So that probably won't help you :(

Please note, I don't know how well unocoin works, but it seems popular?

I have purchased Bitcoins in Bangalore. I have mentioned that in my post. Probably you have skipped that part :) but there is no DASH available in India as of now. Others in India may be working on getting integration but as of now, nope, nada.
Unocoin has been around for a long time and is one of the oldest bitcoin exchanges in india / bangalore. the first one i think. but as far as DASH is concerned, nothing exists.

i have also mentioned that purchasing bitcoin and then shapeshifting to DASH was the procedure i followed. please refer my post above.
Let me know in case you need any more information. I'm glad to help and make DASH happen here. :)

Fiat to Dash simply doesn't exist for most people right now. I don't know for certain, as I never used shapeshift, but I think you'll get a better conversion rate from BTC to Dash at an exchange, that was what I was trying to say. I also have to buy BTC, then move to Dash at poloniex etc...

BTW, if you are gregarious enough to start a group / Dash club or something, you could put in a proposal for a little funding, like the Bitcunners group in Mexico, you can sweeten the meetings up with food and maybe work in a small give away of Dash for everyone who downloads a wallet. You can read up on dashcentral.org under proposals, on how they do it (I think they get people to download Dash then pay for their pizza and drinks with their wallet and some of their free Dash. So you're luring people into the meeting with food, but getting them to use Dash via give away, and spending :) plus you give a presentation on what Dash is all about.

It's a lot of work, but if you have good organizational and personality skills, you'd do a LOT for Dash by doing that :D

One other note, wall of coins ( https://wallofcoins.com ) has integrated Dash which is now live. It's supposed to work in India as well :) Let us know if you try something new :D

I have many connections through India. Right now Bitcoin is just getting started there, DASH will take time.

Fiat to Dash simply doesn't exist for most people right now. I don't know for certain, as I never used shapeshift, but I think you'll get a better conversion rate from BTC to Dash at an exchange, that was what I was trying to say. I also have to buy BTC, then move to Dash at poloniex etc...

BTW, if you are gregarious enough to start a group / Dash club or something, you could put in a proposal for a little funding, like the Bitcunners group in Mexico, you can sweeten the meetings up with food and maybe work in a small give away of Dash for everyone who downloads a wallet. You can read up on dashcentral.org under proposals, on how they do it (I think they get people to download Dash then pay for their pizza and drinks with their wallet and some of their free Dash. So you're luring people into the meeting with food, but getting them to use Dash via give away, and spending :) plus you give a presentation on what Dash is all about.

It's a lot of work, but if you have good organizational and personality skills, you'd do a LOT for Dash by doing that :D

One other note, wall of coins ( https://wallofcoins.com ) has integrated Dash which is now live. It's supposed to work in India as well :) Let us know if you try something new :D

Correct about fiat to DASH in india (at least). The point about converting from BTC to fiat using an exchange is something that i didn't think of! Its a great point.

Regarding the setting up of a DASH meetup its fantastic. Thanks will explore that and share some plans here first.

I'm good to put my "shoulder to the wheel" and get the DASH "express" moving here in Bangalore, India. About the proposal. it was at the back of my mind andsince i'm new to DASH proposals, i'll read up and get cracking. Thanks for the information!

It's supposed to work in India as well :) Let us know if you try something new :D
just chatted with their customer chatbox. doesn't work in India. and there was no timeline provided as to when this would happen too. :( i guess the Bitcoin to dash route is the best option right now

EDIT: spelling errors

Back