• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Half way there - would you pursue the master node?

burgen

I got about half way to my goal of getting to a master node. Mostly in early January and Mid-February. But now the goal of getting to a master node has gotten so expensive.

Any thoughts on whether it makes sense or not to pursue it in this hot market?

Obviously the answer requires a crystal ball but... of two schools of thought:

1. be glad that i am where i am. if it goes down, then pick up the rest. but otherwise, sit tight.
2. it could go up forever and that will put MN further out of reach! ugh...

:>

Thanks for any thoughts / words of encouragement. Im not as psyched on shared MN's because of voting rights and the need to send your coins to someone else.

If youre half way there, and youre not interested in MN shares, then just keep saving till you have it all.

Having half a MN as shares will give you returns that can be used to buy more shares which can speed your way to having all the capital to buy your own MN sooner.

Reconsider your reluctance.

@RichardAO

Hey thanks for the encouragement. I have no doubt about Dash per say. Just that its rise is meteoric right now, meaning the feasibility of saving over the long term becomes longer and longer. The yield from half an MN (lets say that's 5% a year) will not do much to catch up to a 3x / 4x / 5x price change over the same period of time.

I guess the question is get it now (paying more than has ever been paid for Dash), or hope that it goes down in the short term so that it can be affordable.

Mostly a speculative question and probably no truly great way to know. :)

Thanks for your thoughts!

No matter which way you decide, the price may change direction at any time. At least with shares, you have income every 7.6 days.

Even at one share yielding 2.125%, 2.125% Of The Total 1000 Dash MN income, paid every 7.6 days come out to like $75 a year at currrent prices! Thats 75 less from your pocket.

Now you say you are halfway to a full masternode... 20 shares at 2.125% each... You can do the math :)

Back