• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Electrum-Dash Wallet

kot

Masternode Owner/Operator
Dear Community,

I am posting this on behalf of Balu Kiraly, who is a PM of this workstream.

The past few weeks were pretty intense. We released 12.1, our largest update since the first version of Dash. The network upgrade went pretty smoothly, the majority of the pools and MNs are updated, many sporks are enabled.

There were some hiccups as well. The second patch release is already available, and I hope there will be further fixes released.
We are also aware of the issues many have encountered when using 2.4.1 version of Electrum-Dash. I'd like to give a short update on the status of this client.

High-Level Electrum Strategy:

1. Get a fix out now for current Electrum-Dash users

2. Create a sustainable long-term solution that's properly implemented and standardized to decrease maintenance costs

In more detail:
1. Get a fix out now for current Electrum-Dash users
Two of our core developers (Nathan Marley and Holger Schinzel) are working on the short term solution (with a few more people helping out). Nathan explained the issue we are facing in detail:

"We have a working version, which is 2.6.4 aka the 'develop' branch (link here to https://github.com/dashpay/electrum-dash/tree/develop) - we’re still working thru how to properly create packages for it.

The package process is a bit confusing and unclear in both the original Electrum, and the new one that we inherited from Mazaclub.

So, we only need to work thru how to package it properly. The packaging systems used previously have made a lot of assumptions about code/environments/libraries which aren't good to make, and not correct for our current environment. Because of this, the old things which just worked 1.5 years ago might not work exactly the same now, as software dependencies have changed and some have even been deprecated."

As soon as the packaging issue gets solved, you can expect a release of Electrum-Dash that's compatible with the network after the protocol update.

2. Create a sustainable long-term solution that's properly implemented and standardized to decrease maintenance costs
This item is not on the top of our backlog, but we are keeping an eye on the needed long-term solution, and will update the community should we decide to focus our efforts here.

As a final note I'd like to stress that the funds kept in Electrum-Dash wallets are all safe, and can be used right after we release the fix.

Regards,
balu

Back