• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

For 2 masternodes, should I have 2,000 dash in 1 wallet or is it better 1,000 in 2?

R

RGXDK

I have 1 masternode and I'm going to setup another one. This is such a great community!

You can have 1 folder with 2 wallets, just specify "-wallet=wallet2.dat" in command line (or "wallet=wallet2.dat" in dash.conf) to load another wallet (should be placed in the same folder as original one). You'll have to manage backups for both of them individually of course. Other than that, I don't think there is a huge difference.

Thank you UdjinM6. When you say 2 folders, do you mean create another folder on /Users/[name]/Library/Application Support/DashCore? Ideally I would like to have just one wallet to worry about. I am assuming I could have 1 wallet with N masternode addresses each having 1k DASH?

Thank you UdjinM6. When you say 2 folders, do you mean create another folder on /Users/[name]/Library/Application Support/DashCore? Ideally I would like to have just one wallet to worry about. I am assuming I could have 1 wallet with N masternode addresses each having 1k DASH?
I didn't say "2 folders" ;) "1 folder with 2 wallets" <---
Yes, you can have 1 wallet with multiple 1k DASH masternode addresses.

Back