• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Nothing.

Greetings to everyone. I am proud to be a Dash investor, and happy to know things in the Dash project are running smoothly.

Cutting to the chase: alright so the Dash price has gone up exponentially over the past month or two. Yesterday I was viewing Dash being traded on Poloniex and I was finding it kinda funny when sellers would sell they're Dash, you'd see these huge red candles of Masternodes selling they're 1000 Dash at a time, and then other green candles of buyers purchasing 25k in Dash. To some 25k may seem peanuts, but for the rest of society 25k is a down payment for a house.

As the Dash price continues to rise, say to $50, $100, $250, it will then cost $50,000, $100,000, $250,000 to become a Dash Masternode. Which can mean the following: If someone sells they're Dash at $100 Dash each, there will be a need for an investor with $100k to replace that Masternode. Which can then mean less Masternodes on the network over time.

Currently Dash offers 1000 Dash to be a Masternode and "trusted masternode shares" however, in order to be a part of a trusted masternode you need to take your Dash and send them to someone you have never met and don't know who it is. This person is called moocowmoo. So in order for me to be a part of a trusted masternode I have to send my hard earned money to a guy called moocowmoo over the internet. Huh? This isn't something I would ever do even if I were to get paid.

So I propose the following: Dash Masternodes at 50/100/250/500/750 Dash. And simply adjust the payments accordingly, so: 500 Dash generates half of what a full masternode would make, 250 would generate 1/4 and so on.

that will not work
as the server costs will be the same 1k Dash or 50 Dash
if you adjust the MN payouts - the 50 Dash MN has to pay huge amount on top each month and will not make any winnings !

So I propose the following: Dash Masternodes at 50/100/250/500/750 Dash. And simply adjust the payments accordingly, so: 500 Dash generates half of what a full masternode would make, 250 would generate 1/4 and so on.

You have to pay 5 dash in order to propose

But you can post a pre-proposal here

Would it perhaps be possible to lower the minimum requirement dynamically with the price of a single dash?

So if the price is 0-100 $ masternode collateral is 1000 dash, 100-200 $ collateral is 750 dash or 500 dash (Whatever makes the most sense) and so on. Masternode owners would then have to purchase open new masternodes, increasing server costs, but only when a dash is worth more and therefore the profit from a masternode still far outweighs the cost of the new server.

This would increase the amount of masternodes over time (Assuming the price goes up, of course), further securing the network - and spreading out the amount of resources needed for a larger network out over a larger amount of masternodes. Decreasing individual server resource reqiurements.

Would it perhaps be possible to lower the minimum requirement dynamically with the price of a single dash?
So if the price is 0-100 $ masternode collateral is 1000 dash, 100-200 $ collateral is 750 dash or 500 dash (Whatever makes the most sense) and so on. Masternode owners would then have to purchase open new masternodes, increasing server costs, but only when a dash is worth more and therefore the profit from a masternode still far outweighs the cost of the new server.
The "problem" is that the current masternodes community dislike the idea that small players will enter the area.
They are afraid of their vote.
They are also afraid even more their proposals.
Thats why instead of diminish the proposal fee to 0.33 dash (as they promised to do in 12.1 version) they let the proposal fee stable to 5 dash (which is almost 150$ now, after the increase of dash's price)

Last edited:
On second thought, tying the dash so close to the dollar might pose some future issues - especially if the US enters another financial crisis at some point in the future. Maybe compare dash to amount of gold pr dash instead.

I don't see a problem concerning the voting system. Say the collateral was lowered to 500 dash. A current masternode owner would now have 2 masternodes - and therefore 2 votes. Amount of votes still increases with amount of investment, exactly as it does now?

The "problem" is that the current masternodes community dislike the idea that small players will enter the area.
They are afraid of their vote.
They are also afraid even more their proposals.
Thats why instead of diminish the proposal fee to 0.33 dash (as they promised to do in 12.1 version) they let the proposal fee stable to 5 dash (which is almost 150$ now, after the increase of dash's price)

nonsense
there are already shared masternode services available

edifice:
you have to rent VPs servers and that cost is what i am talking about

nonsense

edifice:
you have to rent VPs servers and that cost is what i am talking about

I feel i covered the cost of new servers in my post?

The cost for a server does not increase when dash price increases.

As i see it, the increasing server costs will be dwarfed by the increase in profitability by dash price increasing.

nonsense

nonsense.
And you didnt answer at all why you didnt diminish the proposals fee to 0.33 dash as you promised.
It is clear why you didnt do that.
You are afraid of the alternative proposals, the proposals of the new generation of dashers.

nonsense.
And you didnt answer at all why you didnt diminish the proposals fee to 0.33 dash as you promised.
It is clear why you didnt do that.
You are afraid of the alternative proposals, the proposals of the new generation of dashers.

For someone not invested in Dash (unlike OP of this thread), you sure post a lot and seem to have a lot of quick opinions about Dash.

The only thing i'm afraid of is you bringing us a new generation of dashers who are not invested in Dash but post their conclusions about Dash
here in this forum faster then the speed of our instantsend.

For someone not invested in Dash (unlike OP of this thread), you sure post a lot and seem to have a lot of quick opinions about Dash.

The only thing i'm afraid of is you bringing us a new generation of dashers who are not invested in Dash but post their conclusions about Dash
here in this forum faster then the speed of our instantsend.

Instansend does not work properly. You should say "faster than the speed of our blockcypher."

Unfortunately you have to give your private keys to blockcypher, but who cares about it?
I dont care because I have no dash, and the masternodes dont seem to care too. Do you care?

DASH has committed to a 1000DASH MN requirement
This discussion has been done to death in the past

- So sorry you missed it.... -

Newbies can complain that they are poor all day long and want to fix DASH for the people
and
That response will always be the same....................

"IF YOU DO NOT LIKE DASH >> AS IT IS << THEN YOU SHOULD FORK IT AND REBUILD IT INTO YOUR OWN COIN !!!

I own 2x MN's and been around since the start - so - where were you when DASH was $1.70USD or $1,700USD per MN?
[...and that really was not very long ago]

If you missed the boat don't bitch about getting a shitty seat on the next one.

There will be a LOT of boats by the way.....

OH - And @moocowmoo is one of the MOST TRUSTED individuals around here - He is ALSO a 'DASH Developer' - Please - Do your research before you go mudd-sling'n - - - nuff said.....................
[damn trolls]

edit:spelling

Last edited:
"IF YOU DO NOT LIKE DASH >> AS IT IS << THEN YOU SHOULD FORK IT AND REBUILD IT INTO YOUR OWN COIN !!!

This phrase is a direct denial of governance. Do you want dash to be governed or not? If you do, then you should accept the minorities over here. Governance is not about forking, it is about fixing.

Thats what the minorities are asking. They want to fix dash, they want to convince the majority. If you refuse the minorites, then they will surely fork oneday, but then your governance will be a failure.

Warren Buffet doesn't split stock of Berkshire Hathaway because he needs committed investors. Dash is also the same. We need committed investors rather than a lot of uncommitted investors to keep Dash prices stable and growing.

That why we shouldn't reduce the requirements for a masternode, unless we need more masternodes.

Warren Buffet doesn't split stock of Berkshire Hathaway because he needs committed investors. Dash is also the same. We need committed investors rather than a lot of uncommitted investors to keep Dash prices stable and growing.

That why we shouldn't reduce the requirements for a masternode, unless we need more masternodes.

If Dash affliliates with blockcypher, then you will need less masternodes than you need today.

One of the services of Blockcypher is to offer a service similar to InstantSend. So if blockcypher is implemented in Dash, and InstantSend becomes obsolete, then the masternodes will become more and more useless.

If the masternodes become useless, then why they should keep their voting rights, and why the masternodes should keep receiving the block reward?

The community gave a block reward to the masternodes because of the service they were offering. If this service stops or becomes obsolete, then the masternodes should not have the right to receive rewards, or their rewards and voting rights should diminish.

Last edited:
If Dash affliliates with blockcypher, then you will need less masternodes than you need today.

One of the services of Blockcypher is to offer a service similar to InstantSend. So if blockcypher is implemented in Dash, and InstantSend becomes obsolete, then the masternodes will become more and more useless.

If the masternodes become useless, then why they should keep their voting rights, and why the masternodes should keep receiving the block reward?

The community gave a block reward to the masternodes because of the service they were offering. If this service stops or becomes obsolete, then the masternodes should not have the right to receive rewards, or their rewards and voting rights should diminish.

Blockcypher is only for Dash reaching larger audiences, it cannot replace InstantSend or other services of masternode system because Blockcypher is a centralized service.

And masternode network not only used for InstantSend but for many services of Evolution.

And masternode network not only used for InstantSend but for many services of Evolution.

Can you name those "many services" of Evolution that use the masternode network?

I am waiting for your answer...

https://www.dash.org/evolution/
EVOLUTION ALPHA
Now that Dash 12.1 has been released, our next step will be to release an alpha version of Evolution toward the end of 2017. We will be making additional releases before then, including a full whitepaper, so please check back here for updates. Stay tuned!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:o_O:mad:

Why? Why you are such a liar?
And why people like the liars?
:confused:

Last edited:
If you can't wait why you are still here? You had better come to Monero's or others'.

You said "And masternode network not only used for InstantSend but for many services of Evolution." . This refers to the present and the past, and it is obviously a lie.

But lets suppose that you refer to the future.
So please name the future services of the upcoming evolution version, that will need exclusively the masternodes network (and not a centralized company like blockcypher, coinfirm e.t.c.)

DASH has committed to a 1000DASH MN requirement
This discussion has been done to death in the past

- So sorry you missed it.... -

Newbies can complain that they are poor all day long and want to fix DASH for the people
and
That response will always be the same....................

I own 2x MN's and been around since the start - so - where were you when DASH was $1.70USD or $1,700USD per MN?
[...and that really was not very long ago]

If you missed the boat don't bitch about getting a shitty seat on the next one.

There will be a LOT of boats by the way.....

OH - And @moocowmoo is one of the MOST TRUSTED individuals around here - He is ALSO a 'DASH Developer' - Please - Do your research before you go mudd-sling'n - - - nuff said.....................
[damn trolls]

edit:spelling
That's a very shitty response. You must have a shitty personality too. Maybe you should soft fork your personality or maybe someone should hard fork it for the better.

I didn't get to know about cryptocurrencies till 2 months ago. And I didn't know about Dash till a month ago. So what's your point?

Maybe you know who moocowmoo is but I don't. Even if I got to meet the guy I still wouldn't trust someone else with my Dash. I'm pretty sure YOU wouldn't send your Dash to someone you don't know would you?

In your case sure it was easy obtaining 2 masternodes when the price was $1.7 but now its $25 and its not so easy. I could care less what Dash the company decides to do, I'm just pointing out a few things that may need consideration in the future.

Back