• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Updated to 12.1 and not importing old wallets

I'm having issues with getting the new version to show my balance and transactions.
I have copied over the wallet.dat file from Dash to DashCore but still no balance or transactions after the wallet is fully loaded?
I am running Mac OS
12.1 is just opening as a brand new wallet.
Is there a way I can go back change the directory to Dash so it recognizes old files rather than creates new?
If you successfully copy wallet.dat from Dash to Dashcore, then 12.1 will open the copied wallet; it will definitely not open a brand new wallet. I would carefully re-try this method first.
Otherwise - yes, there is a way to specify Dash as your datadir.

If you successfully copy wallet.dat from Dash to Dashcore, then 12.1 will open the copied wallet; it will definitely not open a brand new wallet. I would carefully re-try this method first.
Otherwise - yes, there is a way to specify Dash as your datadir.
Yes got it Ok, thanks guys.
I was copying the wallet.dat file in backups not Dash, Thank you guys for your help

For future reference, nothing happened that was wrong, and nothing went wrong.

You simply didn't know what you were doing. This was 100% your fault. If you had spazzed out, as I have seen some people do, you may have lost your DASH to further mistakes.

I do not say this to harass you or insult you. Just to point out that if you are gong to store something as important as money in X, you should learn how to do X. I say this to encourage learning, so that you won't have an accident due to incompetence that loses all your money. Constructive criticism. Had your DASH been lost, there would be nobody to blame but you.

For future reference, nothing happened that was wrong, and nothing went wrong.

You simply didn't know what you were doing. This was 100% your fault. If you had spazzed out, as I have seen some people do, you may have lost your DASH to further mistakes.

I do not say this to harass you or insult you. Just to point out that if you are gong to store something as important as money in X, you should learn how to do X. I say this to encourage learning, so that you won't have an accident due to incompetence that loses all your money. Constructive criticism. Had your DASH been lost, there would be nobody to blame but you.

jajajajajajaaaaa .....
we are on Skype and all good - n00b helping n00b and all good ;)

all sorted
coins there - and all happy people :D

Back