• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal Discussion: Dash WooCommerce Plugin

Should Dash sponsor development of a free Dash plugin for WooCommerce? [see text]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That was fast.

Sounds like you are thinking ahead. As for instantx, you can do that now. You need a dashd instance running. The dashvend code can detect the IX, what you do with it will need to change(instead of a relay it will send the ok)

https://github.com/moocowmoo/dashvend

Sure, I can detect the IX. But how can a **WordPress** site **directly** detect it — without contacting a middleman service? WordPress doesn't have long-running processes. WordPress spins up upon every page request, then goes away.

Do not get me wrong, I read all you posted, watched your video and think you may have something really needed here, no matter the valid points camosoul made.

Hey GreyGhost ,

Told you the other day that I was making a response to Camo's concerns -- I've made a video to more easily demonstrate the points I'm trying to convey, and it's here, in case you wanted to check it out:

DashPay - WooCommerce Plugin [coming soon]

One of the concerns with this (possible) proposal brought up in the Dash Round Table was the issue of support/maintenance/upgrades.

If the proposal is approved, it will immediately be placed on Github.com (in either my account or in the Dashpay organization's account if the community wants to keep it there).

I will be the maintainer for, let's say, a year. (In truth, I will maintain this as long as there are issues and maintenance to be done — one year, five years, whatever). Please understand the "one year" thing is just a technicality. And anyone is also welcome to take over as maintainer if they understand the code well enough and express a desire to do so.

My company, Black Carrot Ventures, will be listed as the developer/maintainer in the comments/readme, but the same still applies.

I'm about 80% finished with the documentation. It will have both written and video documentation (e.g. "a how to install from scratch" video).

Another concern was: what if I just release the plugin, take the Dash and then drop off — a very valid point.

Though I'm not the most vocal, especially in the forums, I've been a member of this community for almost 2 years now, and I'm dedicated to seeing Dash become the world's most efficient AND decentralized payments network. I have no plans to leave.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have it installed, but since it breaks the proper checkout process flow, I quit using it. I think there's a second one proposed that's more appropriate.

You can make it workable by adding a bunch of instructions and warnings in it's payment method description panel, but it tends to scare users...

Bottom line, if people just click DASH as payment out of curiosity, and then proceed, the cart will be lost, they can't back up and do a different payment method. The would-be customer is then expected to start all over, which they probbaly won't do because such a fuckup does not instill confidence. It just becomes an order that stays in Pending Payment mode eternally with no way to ever get paid...

This was a good first-draft effort, but it's not finished to a degree that it can be used in the real world. The Author seems to have bigger fish to fry, and there's a new proposal for a plugin that appears to be better designed. I'd call this project vestigial.

Last edited:
@nmarley So I was getting ready to add Dash to the Woocommerce shop on my Wordpress site. Is this project still a good way to go?
https://github.com/nmarley/dashpayments-for-woocommerce

Hi @blockhead please check out the latest updated Woocommerce plugin by our dev @snogcel here:
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/Dash+Checkout

More general information on the supporting API here: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/Dash+Payment+Processor+Overview

@camosoul

Back