• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Updated to 12.1 and not importing old wallets

Mine all went smooth like buttah.... And I'm generally the guy with the bad luck...

Is your block height up? You have to reindex, and even on my liquid-cooled, heavily overclocked i5 and SSD, it took a while...

i had the same issue when i first run 12.1 ,by default 12.1 writes data into a new directory /Dashcore , used to be /Dash, if your on windows go to %appdata% /Dashcore and put your wallet backup there and reboot wallet , make sure its named wallet.dat
I too did not get my old wallet transfered, or rather the old wallet seems to have disappeared along with my Dash. I did back it up on an external drive. its also telling me my paraphrase is incorrect, even though I have not changed it. Can I just delete12.1 and re-install it?

Last edited:
I too did not get my old wallet transfered, or rather the old wallet seems to have disappeared along with my Dash. I did back it up on an external drive. its also telling me my paraphrase is incorrect, even though I have not changed it. Can I just delete12.1 and re-install it?

You're on Windows too? The data directory name was changed for the 12.1 update and it sounds like you also have 2 versions installed now, the old one in the "dash" folder and the new one in "dashcore". If you brows to the old data directory you should see your original backups in there.

You're on Windows too? The data directory name was changed for the 12.1 update and it sounds like you also have 2 versions installed now, the old one in the "dash" folder and the new one in "dashcore". If you brows to the old data directory you should see your original backups in there.[/Q
You're on Windows too? The data directory name was changed for the 12.1 update and it sounds like you also have 2 versions installed now, the old one in the "dash" folder and the new one in "dashcore". If you brows to the old data directory you should see your original backups in there.
Keeps telling me my paraphrase is incorrect

I can see the backups in the Dash wallet folder, as I have also backed up all folders related to Dash on an external drive, along with %appdata% folder.

Ive uploaded a picture of what I have if it helps

Attachments

• CaptureDash.JPG
    CaptureDash.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 57
The wallet.dat that contains your coins and presumably will recognize your passphrase is the the one located in appdata\Roaming\Dash directory that you have saved elsewhere.

In appdata\Roaming\DashCore directory is a new, empty wallet.dat that will not recognize your passphrase.

Just copy the wallet.dat file from the Dash folder to the DashCore folder.

The wallet.dat that contains your coins and presumably will recognize your passphrase is the the one located in appdata\Roaming\Dash directory that you have saved elsewhere.

In appdata\Roaming\DashCore directory is a new, empty wallet.dat that will not recognize your passphrase.

Just copy the wallet.dat file from the Dash folder to the DashCore folder.
This seems to have done the trick for unlocking and the transaction history shows up as well, but the balance remains at zero. Do I need to import something else?

No. If that wallet had funds before, it should still have those funds. Check the transactions tab.
If wallet is still syncing, you will have unverified transactions showing - funds will be available as soon as wallet syncs.

Edit: I see Stan already got you sorted...

No. If that wallet had funds before, it should still have those funds. Check the transactions tab.
If wallet is still syncing, you will have unverified transactions showing - funds will be available as soon as wallet syncs.

Edit: I see Stan already got you sorted...
Thanks guys, all Dash amounts are accounted for, and paraphrase works again, now that the wallet has completed sync.

I'm having issues with getting the new version to show my balance and transactions.
I have copied over the wallet.dat file from Dash to DashCore but still no balance or transactions after the wallet is fully loaded?
I am running Mac OS
12.1 is just opening as a brand new wallet.
Is there a way I can go back change the directory to Dash so it recognizes old files rather than creates new?

I'm having issues with getting the new version to show my balance and transactions.
I have copied over the wallet.dat file from Dash to DashCore but still no balance or transactions after the wallet is fully loaded?
I am running Mac OS
12.1 is just opening as a brand new wallet.
Is there a way I can go back change the directory to Dash so it recognizes old files rather than creates new?

follow the instructions step by step as posted and nonprobs

your 12.1 wallet is propably still running over (old) dash in user - library -....
and not dashcore
your new wallet needs to reinitialize blockchain

Back