• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre Proposal: Dash themed card game

David Thomas

Dash Empire is a new edition of Bitcoin Empire, the crypto-currency themed card game. Build your crypto-currency empire and sabotage your opponents. A deck building, card game. 2-4 players. 15 minutes.

50 backers pledged £1,069 to help bring Bitcoin Empire to life on Kickstarter in November 2016. Now we are asking the Dash community for 155 DASH to help us create a new edition of our card game called Dash Empire. We will produce 50 copies of the game and either send them to Dash HQ, send them to a list of addresses provided by the Dash community or retail them for £18 each (excluding shipping from Thailand) via our website bitcoin-empire.info and any other retail channels suggested to us... It's really up to you how you wish us to distribute them!

Exclusive Dash Character Cards

All bitcoin logos are replaced with dash logos in the new edition and Dash Empire will feature four new and exclusive character cards!

• Evan Duffield (the creator of Dash)
  • Erik Voorhees (the creator and CEO of ShapeShift)
  • Robert Genito (CEO of Genitrust, the company behind Wall of Coins)
  • Amanda B Johnson (the host of The Daily Decrypt)

Box Contents

Each custom printed tuck box includes 54 poker sized playing cards printed on 300gsm professional quality card stock with blue core with a smooth finish. Each deck contains:

4 x Instruction cards
4 x Double Sided Character cards
1 x Satoshi Nakamoto card
3 x Internet Meltdown cards
7 x Head Hunter cards
7 x Bribe cards
7 x Lawsuit cards
7 x Hack cards
7 x Smear Campaign cards

Playing With Multiple Decks

Dash Empire is fully compatible with Bitcoin Empire and you can play the game with more than one deck. Simply remove the instructions and unused character cards from all the decks. Then remove all but one of the Satoshi Nakamoto cards from the deck and shuffle all of the cards together.

Playing with more than one deck increases the maximum number of players and the time it takes to play.

One deck 2 - 4 players, 15 minutes
Two decks 2 - 8 players, 30 minutes
Three decks 2 - 12 players, 45 minutes

Why Vote For Dash Empire?

Dash Empire is the result of passion and hard work. It combines the best gameplay mechanics of modern board games with cutting-edged crypto-currency.

Liberation from the banking system

Dash is a disruptive financial technology that came to the world less than one decade ago. It has the power to liberate us from the current corrupt and restrictive banking system.

Educational

We want you to learn what’s really important in entrepreneurship and investing. Build your assets and build your wealth. Inject some real fun into learning about money and investing.

Dash Empire is like the modern equivalent of Cashflow by Robert Kiyosaki.

Play tested thoroughly

Dash Empire is a new edition of Bitcoin Empire which has been rigorously play tested for nearly a year by us, our friends, work colleagues, bitcoin enthusiasts and other board game geeks.

Risks and challenges

Tabletop gamers with an interest in Dash are a challenging target audience to find. We cannot change people’s taste but we can guarantee to deliver a trendy and innovative card game. We try our best to fulfill the most important criteria of a good game by incorporating multiple use card and deck building strategies. By doing so, we guarantee the most replay value and enjoyment for the Dash community.

Ting is studying for a master’s degree in International Media and David has a day job as a web developer so it requires a huge amount of project management skill to run Dash Empire in parallel. Excellence and delivery is required in our jobs and studies and we have transferred these skills when creating Dash Empire.

To ensure maximum benefit to the Dash community we wanted to work with excellent partners in the industry who have been tested and internationally renowned. To that end the manufacturing of Dash Empire will be handled by MakePlayingCards.com who are experts in game manufacturing and have created 100s of games in the industry including games like Carson City. We have already agreed the components, upgrade costs and delivery costs with them. They are just waiting for our signature once (we hope!) we get the thumbs up from the Dash community. All products will be shipped from MakePlayingCards.com and we will stock a few extra products to replace any that are lost or damaged in the post.

Rest assured the product will be delivered to you with excellent quality.

The benefit of the proposal for the DASH project is not very clear. You write:
We will produce 50 copies of the game and either send them to Dash HQ, ...

but with a budget of 155 DASH it would be more than 3 DASH ( > $40 ) for one game without a measurable ROI for the DASH project. (ok - 50 people get the game for free)

I suggest to bring the price for the proposal down below 100 DASH and provide some kind of marketing strategy which would benefit the DASH project for its investment. Eg. it could be sold over Openbazaar or some kind of store (http://www.zazzle.com/dashswag - maybe you can make a deal with him) with the goal to refund the investment to the DASH project or produce more card games so that it becomes a merchandise article.

Exclusive Dash Character Cards
  • Evan Duffield (the creator of Dash)
  • Erik Voorhees (the creator and CEO of ShapeShift)
  • Robert Genito (CEO of Genitrust, the company behind Wall of Coins)
  • Amanda B Johnson (the host of The Daily Decrypt)
Ha funny this is the second card game proposal er pre-proposal
I would add Otoh Character and Drop Erik V. nothing against Erik just not really DASH related

Ha funny this is the second card game proposal er pre-proposal
I would add Otoh Character and Drop Erik V. nothing against Erik just not really DASH related

Yeah, I'm open to changing the character cards. Does anyone have a photo of Otoh that I could use as reference for the card? I can't seem to find him via a Google image search.

Yeah, I'm open to changing the character cards. Does anyone have a photo of Otoh that I could use as reference for the card? I can't seem to find him via a Google image search.

Privacy 1st
i would double check with him first of all if he is interested in being portrayed there or not
(as with all others mentioned)

The benefit of the proposal for the DASH project is not very clear. You write:

but with a budget of 155 DASH it would be more than 3 DASH ( > $40 ) for one game without a measurable ROI for the DASH project. (ok - 50 people get the game for free)

I suggest to bring the price for the proposal down below 100 DASH and provide some kind of marketing strategy which would benefit the DASH project for its investment. Eg. it could be sold over Openbazaar or some kind of store (http://www.zazzle.com/dashswag - maybe you can make a deal with him) with the goal to refund the investment to the DASH project or produce more card games so that it becomes a merchandise article.

We could reduce the budget to 100 DASH but you can see for yourselves the cost of manufacturing 50 custom poker sized playing cards (54 300mgs cards, full colour, with a custom Aqueous tuck box) from our manufacturer makeplayingcards.com is quite high. I think because the quality is so good. Each card contains a blue core centre to reduce card transparency.

If we were to retail these individually, we would also have to consider the shipping costs which is about 0.4 DASH ( $6 ) per deck.

We have had some interest from various online Bitcoin stores (store.bitcoin.com & physicalbitcoins.co.uk) in listing our original card game Bitcoin Empire so we could easily persuade these stores to list Dash Empire. Do you have any contact information for Zazzle's Dash wag?

Last edited:
Privacy 1st
i would double check with him first of all if he is interested in being portrayed there or not
(as with all others mentioned)

Yes, in our first game (for everyone involved in the Bitcoin industry) we changed peoples names to protect their privacy. Instead, we claimed that our character 'Carl' was inspired by Charlie Shrem for example (and we didn't write their real names anywhere on the product). We intend to do the same with Dash Empire so Amanda B Johnson may inspire a character called 'Mandy' or 'Amy'.

Back