• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Suggestion: Get large online retailer to accept Dash

How soon do you think large online retailers will begin accepting Dash?

• 2 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 months

• 3 years

• Never :(

• Total voters

ElvisRe

Having a large online retailer accept Dash would make a huge impact in Dash's adoption rate.

Imagine if Newegg, Overstock, Dell, Microsoft, TigerDirect, (or dare I hope, Amazon) began accepting Dash!
All of these retailers are already accepting Bitcoin so accepting Dash should be easy. Their digital currency framework is already in place.

What if Dash set aside treasury funds to be donated to the 1st large online retailer that choses to accept Dash?

Having a large online retailer accept Dash would make a huge impact in Dash's adoption rate.

Imagine if Newegg, Overstock, Dell, Microsoft, TigerDirect, (or dare I hope, Amazon) began accepting Dash!
All of these retailers are already accepting Bitcoin so accepting Dash should be easy. Their digital currency framework is already in place.

What if Dash set aside treasury funds to be donated to the 1st large online retailer that choses to accept Dash?

for large retailers you need a large community - with a large retailer you might get a bigger community - ....
same old chicken and egg
in the moment bitcoin has enough problems finding huge retailers so i think you are jumping the gun a bit with your idea there

even if we had amazon accept dash - and only 500 people would order there with dash - they would propably discontinue that service as 500 people is noticing for them

better to wait until we are bigger , evo in place and they will come by themself ;)

I must agree with tungfa... this is a chicken or egg sort of scenario.

IMO, best method for growth would be to actually make use of DASH.
...Offer some thing for sale, on Craigslist, in return for DASH...

Best
rc

Best
rc

I will be adding more products to buywithdash.org in 2017

Current stickers are just 50 cents USD till the end of the year
https://www.buywithdash.org/product-tag/stickers/

More stickers coming soon, here is the collection
http://www.zazzle.com/collections/stickers-119664340280486460

for large retailers you need a large community - with a large retailer you might get a bigger community - ....
same old chicken and egg
in the moment bitcoin has enough problems finding huge retailers so i think you are jumping the gun a bit with your idea there

even if we had amazon accept dash - and only 500 people would order there with dash - they would propably discontinue that service as 500 people is noticing for them

better to wait until we are bigger , evo in place and they will come by themself ;)

Yeah, that is the problem for sure! How to get a bigger community using Dash. I know there has been some focus lately on recruiting small companies accepting Dash. Do you think that will succeed?

Best
rc

I didn't think about that, not a bad idea! Have you had much luck selling items on Craigslist for Dash? Seems like only people buying tech stuff or [illegal] stuff would know how to, or want to, pay with Dash. I may be wrong though....

Yeah, that is the problem for sure! How to get a bigger community using Dash. I know there has been some focus lately on recruiting small companies accepting Dash. Do you think that will succeed?

it is a hard task by ... whatishisname - is trying hard and making progress
we are still in the one on one stages - will take obviously a bit of time

I didn't think about that, not a bad idea! Have you had much luck selling items on Craigslist for Dash? Seems like only people buying tech stuff or [illegal] stuff would know how to, or want to, pay with Dash. I may be wrong though....

that is a general crypto thing - not only dash related i believe - as to some degree we are still in the "geek bubble" :rolleyes:

I have never sold a thing in exchange for any crypto... Sry if I gave that impression.

Craigslist is where I go to exchange my de-valued fiat for hard goods.

I shall make a considered effort to offer items in exchange for DASH after the first of next year.

Best
rc

I have never sold a thing in exchange for any crypto... Sry if I gave that impression.

Craigslist is where I go to exchange my de-valued fiat for hard goods.

I shall make a considered effort to offer items in exchange for DASH after the first of next year.

Best
rc

Yeah, do it Rusty! Next time I sell something on craigslist, I'll accept cash or Dash. Maybe even a discount if paid in Dash :) :)

Back