• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Lamassu Integration Official Thread

Daniel wrote me yesterday that he did not managed to bring his machine to Argentina due to the extremely high cost (transport and taxes/customs) - it would be 2000 USD in one direction.

Well at least if he was planning to take his ATM to the conference, that means he must have gotten it working...
at least that's good news - maybe he could post some pictures and video as he previously planned to do.

Hmm... $2000 for shipping? That means Lamassu has to include $2000 shipping fees in their pricing to customers?
I dunno, that sounds pretty high to me...

@bertlebbert - I don't know the details of this high shipping cost package - Daniel just gave me this information. I find it irrationally high and I guess this has something to do with customs or specific conditions of shipping (flight) for this type of machine - I suppose @Minotaur could give more clarity on that.

@kot Robert... thank you for your reply. I will look forward to seeing some details from Daniel (@Minotaur).

hmm... he was last seen on this forum 3w 2d ago - I might have to be patient :rolleyes:

The high cost for shipping is probably due to compliance laws. They need to check if the machines were previously used for illegal activities and they need to check whether or not the machines were randomly mixed before being sent. This ATM history will be checked by Coinfirm. Trust me, @kot knows all about the benefits of compliance and it's associated costs.

@GrandMasterDash Nah, it's a brand new machine - to be be used simply as a display at the conference - no compliance for that... you might be right, but I really wanted to hear Daniel's story on this one.

@GrandMasterDash Nah, it's a brand new machine - to be be used simply as a display at the conference - no compliance for that... you might be right, but I really wanted to hear Daniel's story on this one.

I was being facetious, making an analogy between dash coins (and the Coinfirm "partnership") and dash hardware. I mean, if we can justify financial and technical assistance to Coinfirm, then we can equally justify high shipping costs so that ATM can also be subject to tracking / spyware.

I was being facetious, making an analogy between dash coins (and the Coinfirm "partnership") and dash hardware. I mean, if we can justify financial and technical assistance to Coinfirm, then we can equally justify high shipping costs so that ATM can also be subject to tracking / spyware.

yea, i got that... I think that discussion is being had in some other thread, no?

So if not ATM shipment occured will there be refund of the funds for this cost that was approved in proposal?
As stated in the proposal, any unused funds will simply be applied toward other conference and travel expenses. As the price of the flights exceeded the initial estimates, and we had to fly Evan down the day before to make the day-before networking events (thus an extra night hotel), we did incur higher costs than anticipated. So it was really applied toward those costs already. As is usually the case, airline costs tend to increase between the date we request funding, and the date the network distributes the funds and we can actually book tickets.

Even so, there really is no one to "refund" any unused funds to... they were created coins. So if we hadn't stated they would be used for other travel needs, the only logical way to "reverse" these types of distributions would be to destroy the coins, not distribute them.

...Even so, there really is no one to "refund" any unused funds to... they were created coins. So if we hadn't stated they would be used for other travel needs, the only logical way to "reverse" these types of distributions would be to destroy the coins, not distribute them.

I would expect any leftover coins just be accounted for, then set aside to be used somewhere else - but not destroyed... but as you mentioned, other costs of this proposal were higher, so it's probably pretty much a wash anyway, no? ... (or maybe even requiring a future reimbursement proposal)

I would expect any leftover coins just be accounted for, then set aside to be used somewhere else - but not destroyed... but as you mentioned, other costs of this proposal were higher, so it's probably pretty much a wash anyway, no? ... (or maybe even requiring a future reimbursement proposal)
I won't know for certain until Daniel and Evan submit their hotel bills and ground transportation costs. The largest impact hasn't been cost differences, though. Any shortage is primarily because of the decline in price... remember this request was initiated when Dash was about $13.90 - a peak. By the time it even funded we were already having to pay more Dash to cover the conference sponsorship. We'll see. Evan has never kept track of ground transport receipts, so I've never had to pay those out. :)

That's unfortunate, sorry to hear that :( this brings up again the problem with USD denominated proposals...
There really isn't a way to avoid it. In ALL proposals that must fund a USD expense, there is currency exchange risk. We deal with it primarily through setting aside some savings to cushion some of the exchange rate risk inherent in these proposals.

he is on a little holiday as far as i know and should be back in 1-2 days :rolleyes:

I remember the same answer a couple of months ago. Something like "I'll post a video after I get back from vacation"

Well at least if he was planning to take his ATM to the conference, that means he must have gotten it working...
at least that's good news - maybe he could post some pictures and video as he previously planned to do.

Hmm... $2000 for shipping? That means Lamassu has to include $2000 shipping fees in their pricing to customers?
I dunno, that sounds pretty high to me...

Or maybe @Minotaur hasn't actually gotten his ATM working and the $2000 shipping cost was contrived as an excuse to not bring it to the conference?

Last edited:
Ok, after all that about the travel to the conference and transport costs, I'm no nearer to getting an ATM in Sydney.
Its almost time to start a black dash market in Sydney where I can stand in the back lanes of Surry Hills with a hoodie on selling dash.

Back