• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Mycelium Integration

kot

Masternode Owner/Operator
Dear Project Sponsor and Community Members,
Let me share the status update of the Mycelium Integration project.

General Information
Project was initiated in July 2016 and quickly announced by different media. Our initial project plan was created with an intention to finish the development tasks by the end of October.
Project Charter and initial Project Plan (v.1.0) are available in this location: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/MI/Mycelium+Integration+PM+Files

Progress and changes
Over the last month implementation concept on Mycelium side evolved and triggered schedule changes. New schedule (v.1.1) is available in the same location (listed above).
Currently Leo (Mycelium team) works to adopt bitcoinj library, using our SVP server (for Bitcoin operations). At the same time Tomasz (Dash team) develops the same functionalities for Dash.

Current project status is presented by the dashboard below:

mycelium.png

Original file is available in the following location: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/MI/Project+Status+Report

Last edited:
Thanks @kot. Like the reporting layout. On a side note, is there any updates to proton mail integration. Have not heard anything as of late.

Last edited:
Thanks @kot. Like the reporting layout. On a side note, is there any updates to proton mail integration. Have not heard anything as of late.

on a quick note: in progress ;)
Kot has obviously more / better details then me

Yes, there are some updates actually... I am in the train returning home from their office in Geneva :)
This and next 2 weeks Proton guys are working on the integration of another fiat currency. On the week of 26th of September we are starting Dash integration!

Last edited:
Kot, it looks like you spent a lot of time on this Gantt chart and pie chart. I know you think this is valuable, but to me, it is just flashy stuff that is harder to figure out what is going on. I would rather you spend time on something else - presentations/calling businesses/decoding 12.1 features from github/guides. I would have preferred a simple comment like this:

Mycelium is working on adding Dash. Leo @ Mycelium is currently working on SPV implementation with Tomasz. They expect to have Instantx sending support in the middle of October and be fully complete in December.

If you do think this report is valuable, this should be done by Mycelium directly(except the dash amounts). We are paying them, they are responsible for giving updates.

Hey @Solarminer ,
Let me address few points you have made in your post one after another.
Kot, it looks like you spent a lot of time on this Gantt chart and pie chart. I know you think this is valuable, but to me, it is just flashy stuff that is harder to figure out what is going on.
I know already that you are not a big fan of reports (at least core team reports), so you don't have to express this almost every time I publish one :)
This does not take much time actually - when you do it on regular basis, like I do for years, the process is straightforward and quick. For those, who have ever been a part of project board or project review (as a stakeholder), dashboard is an industry standard tool, which presents all necessary information about the project status. In my opinion our stakeholders (MN owners) deserve the information presented in a professional way.
I am quite surprised to learn that standard dashboard is hard to understand for you (as you told me in the past that you have PM experience). Please let me know which part is unclear to you - I will be happy to explain.

I would rather you spend time on something else - presentations/calling businesses/decoding 12.1 features from github/guides.
It is not exactly a PM job but something what I do in addition from time to time (I gave some info about my daily duties here: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/do-you-know-what-project-management-is.8139/ - meantime the list of duties grew a little but it doesn't matter in this context). However if you feel it is critical and more urgent to deliver than my tasks, I would really appreciate if you join me in these efforts and support in tasks listed by you - I am sure that Dash community would really appreciate this (me too).

I would have preferred a simple comment like this:

Mycelium is working on adding Dash. Leo @ Mycelium is currently working on SPV implementation with Tomasz. They expect to have Instantx sending support in the middle of October and be fully complete in December.
Comments like this are part of this report (bottom part, in case you did not notice). However comment gives you an information about one particular topic but dashboard gives complex information about the project status overall. So to report the project status in every detail (like on the dashboard), you would need a lot of comments - probably wall of text. To me (and all people I was working with so far), dashboard is much better and easier to understand than wall of text.
Considering the opinions expressed by the icons below my status update post, I guess people like this dashboard.

If you do think this report is valuable, this should be done by Mycelium directly(except the dash amounts). We are paying them, they are responsible for giving updates.
You should read the Project Charter to know the project better - we don't pay them a penny. Cost listed here is the cost of our developer (as this is our internal project).

Last edited:
Thanks kot. A question about budget: the chart shows the actual budget spent and total planned - how does the amount spent compare to how much was expected to be spent at this point in time?

This would be useful to see if the project may be heading towards budget difficulties.

Because @studioz asked for an update on this and:
1. I am a nice guy and want to help him :D
2. I have a call with Ira tomorrow anyway, so I can ask about this - I do not see any issue here

I appreciate your effort to close the loop on this question about the Lamassu Software. If you don't mind, could you get answers to these questions that a few users posted on DashChat #questions?

Where are the details on the "trading engine" talked about in the interview for the Lamassu Software? Daniel indicated he would be showing that to everyone in about a week.

Does the Lamassu Compatible ATM software accept InstantSend transactions? I would think this would be the main selling point for Dash, especially for 2 way ATMs.

@Otaci ,
This is basically a monthly salary of the developer, who is a part of the core team (61 Dash/month). Therefore budget (plan vs. actuals) is pretty straightforward in this case.

I appreciate your effort to close the loop on this question about the Lamassu Software. If you don't mind, could you get answers to these questions that a few users posted on DashChat #questions?

Where are the details on the "trading engine" talked about in the interview for the Lamassu Software? Daniel indicated he would be showing that to everyone in about a week.

Does the Lamassu Compatible ATM software accept InstantSend transactions? I would think this would be the main selling point for Dash, especially for 2 way ATMs.
Re. trading engine - you are probably asking about this document: https://github.com/GitGuild/gitguild_website/wiki/Git-Guild-Technical-Overview#tapps

I will ask him about Lamassu

Let me share the next status update of the Mycelium Integration project.

General Information
  • Project is on track, no changes in budget, scope and timelines.
  • Project Plan has been updated (additional task "Integrate support for sending and receiving funds with UI" created) without impact on the timelines and goals.Project Charter (v.1.1) and current Project Plan (v.1.3) are available in the following location: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/MI/Mycelium+Integration+PM+Files
  • Handover to a new Project Manager (Balazs Kiraly) in progress (Robert Wiecko to be focused on Dash Evolution development)

Progress and changes
  • Changes in dashj implementation required additional to fit changes done by Mycelium dev team
  • Leo (Mycelium) works on sharing data between SPV servers and UI layers
  • Testing of SPV integration done by Tomasz
Planned activities (next reporting period):
  • Add support for sending funds
  • Add support for receiving funds
  • Testing of SPV integration

MyceliumDashboard-2016-09-13.png

The original dashboard file is available in this location: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/MI/Project+Status+Report

Last edited:
Let me share the next status update of the Mycelium Integration project.

General Information
  • Development on Dash functionalities is on hold, Tomasz assist Mycelium with creating their new architecture

Progress and changes
  • Support for sending/receiveing funds is on hold
  • Mycelium works on wallet architecture redesign that blocks our dev progress
  • Tomasz supports Mycelium developers in the wallet redesign
  • Coordination call with Mycelium leadership team, agreed that no changes are needed for the current scheduled plans

Planned activities (next reporting period):
  • Waiting for Mycelium to finish their design

123.jpg

The original dashboard file is available in this location: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/MI/Project+Status+Report

This is a status report. It does not include all details, and is not aimed to answer all questions on it's own, so let me ellaborate.

There was an initial project plan at the beginning which Tomasz was working on. A few weeks ago it turned out that due to an external dependency (Mycelium's system redesign in this case) we cannot continue with the original plan - this is what the update is about. "No work was done" is far from being true, dashj was improved significantly, and Tomasz is working closely with Mycelium on an architecture we can integrate with. Based on the previus meeting we had with Mycelium the planned handover date is still possible, that's why "on track" is still there.

I hope you appreciate us being transparent here.

Back