• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DarkSend 990.99 balance

The answer is you can't have 1000 Dash as a mixed balance. Darksend/PrivateSend stops at 999.99/999.999 coins. If you are intending to hide history for a masternode input, I would suggest creating a 2nd wallet to send mixed funds to. Then send those funds to your masternode. I have had trouble sending a mixed input with 1000 mixed coins because the number of transactions is too high.
Wallet 1 = 1000+ dash. Mix
PrivateSend 500.999 dash to Wallet 2 (using .999 will minimize the round up fee for PrivateSend)
Remix Wallet 1
PrivateSend 500.999 dash to wallet 2
Standard Send 1000 dash.

The answer is you can't have 1000 Dash as a mixed balance. Darksend/PrivateSend stops at 999.99/999.999 coins. If you are intending to hide history for a masternode input, I would suggest creating a 2nd wallet to send mixed funds to. Then send those funds to your masternode. I have had trouble sending a mixed input with 1000 mixed coins because the number of transactions is too high.
Wallet 1 = 1000+ dash. Mix
PrivateSend 500.999 dash to Wallet 2 (using .999 will minimize the round up fee for PrivateSend)
Remix Wallet 1
PrivateSend 500.999 dash to wallet 2
Standard Send 1000 dash.
This is incorrect. Darksend/PrivateSend has a limit of 999.99 DASH for a single mixing session only.
Code:
static const int64_t DARKSEND_POOL_MAX = (999.99*COIN);

The "limit" how much you can mix in total is 999999 DASH using cmd-line params
Code:
if(nAnonymizeDarkcoinAmount > 999999) nAnonymizeDarkcoinAmount = 999999;
and 2000 DASH max using GUI settings.

So in general there is no need to create another wallet to mix more.

@freshdopamine check settings and make sure "Amount of Dash to keep anonymized" is above 1000 to mix more.

I might be able to read code, but udjin understands the code. Thanks for correcting.

I had an issue sending mixed funds with a version .56 or before wallet on Windows. Transaction would not send, maybe too many inputs. The transaction sent from a Linux wallet without a problem. So there still is a maximum transaction size, or limited number of inputs, you can send. And Linux wallets might handle mixed inputs better.

I might be able to read code, but udjin understands the code. Thanks for correcting.

I had an issue sending mixed funds with a version .56 or before wallet on Windows. Transaction would not send, maybe too many inputs. The transaction sent from a Linux wallet without a problem. So there still is a maximum transaction size, or limited number of inputs, you can send. And Linux wallets might handle mixed inputs better.
Yep, there is 100kb per tx limit. I doubt it's Windows vs Linux problem though - the code is the same in that part, it simply compiled for different platforms. Could be that Windows wallet just used way too many smaller denoms and tx size hit the limit which could give "transaction is too big" error or the opposite - had not enough of smallest denoms to combine them into requested amount and since Darksend tx cannot have change that could give "fee is too high" error.

Back