• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

TheDashGuy's Decentralized "DigitalCash" Social Media Outreach & Marketing Campaign "DigitalCash" |

If not, they'll take it to the point of threatening frivolous money/time wasting lawsuits to keep anything but themselves and their sycophants in the free money cookie jar.

As you keep on repeating this: I have asked you once here

All plans cancelled by legal threats by core.

Being a member of the Core team I am interested in further information on the legal threats and/or lawsuits Core ./. Camosoul as well.

If you are not able to or don't want to disclose your information in public, please follow up on our PM discussion.

Thanks,
Holger

and i will ask you here again: What lawsuits/threats are you referring to?

i like your enthusiasm and passion but i can't support this proposal at this time.
i don't like the multi month proposal and think it's too much money for something unproven. i would however support a one month proposal at about half the price. if everything works out how you say and you could provide proof and results then it could be worth the full price you are asking and a 3 month proposal.
i have seen you rage quit more than once and have other issues so no way would i support a multi month proposal at this time. you would need to prove yourself first but i would be willing to give you that chance as i explained above.

You do realize these proposals are not contracts. They need to pass a vote each month. These are only renewable budget proposals that renew/vote out each month. This is no secret and there have been proposals voted down before the proposal time line - so don't use this multi-month lingo as the excuse to not vote for this or any other proposals. Besides, it is probably a non issue if 12.1 is released after this next budget anyway.

You do realize these proposals are not contracts. They need to pass a vote each month.
They already know this. It's a troll tactic to spread misinformation... It's brought up on every non-core proposal. Been doing it ever since there was a budget.

As you keep on repeating this: I have asked you once here

and i will ask you here again: What lawsuits/threats are you referring to?
You can ask all you want. There are three parties involved, and they're keeping it between themselves so that the rest of the team can claim ignorance and honestly mean it.

It's pretty damned easy to figure out.

I'm trying to point out corruption, offered an alternative; not sow seeds of division. Unfortunately, it's orchestrated to be one and the same. So, that's where I leave it since my project isn't welcome and neither am I.

If I named names, this project would be destroyed, and I'd rather you call me a troll and write it off remaining blissfully ignorant, than have that happen. It may be dirty, but at least it's sort-of happening.

There have been a few people that have sold their coins and stormed off (vertoe, ape). For very damned good reasons. The thing that peeves the persons that triggered those exits, is that I'm not doing the same... I'll hang around and let the rubes mock me.

Last edited:
You do realize these proposals are not contracts. They need to pass a vote each month. These are only renewable budget proposals that renew/vote out each month. This is no secret and there have been proposals voted down before the proposal time line - so don't use this multi-month lingo as the excuse to not vote for this or any other proposals. Besides, it is probably a non issue if 12.1 is released after this next budget anyway.

yeah i know, It's a troll tactic i use to spread misinformation:p.
as you know it's harder to get people to change their votes on proposals once voted in. if a proposal has proven successful in the past (dash detailed) then i have no problem voting on a multi month proposal.
these multi month props will be set in stone soon though so i have been voicing my opinions now for future proposal submitters. others have raised the same issue and hopefully future proposal owners will consider this before losing my votes and others right out of the gate.

Last edited:
@TheDashGuy Well, your bad you did not communicated enough. You are telling me you wanted money, after you stated dashnation is not for profit, and you are telling 25 days after I sent you decription of what needs to be done. Anyway, my proposed idea made sense and I could have sent you some Dash, you just said you are going to do it and that was it.

You seriously need to learn some communication skills, because you are not comprehensible to most of us.

You can ask all you want. There are three parties involved, and they're keeping it between themselves so that the rest of the team can claim ignorance and honestly mean it.

It's pretty damned easy to figure out.

I'm trying to point out corruption, offered an alternative; not sow seeds of division. Unfortunately, it's orchestrated to be one and the same. So, that's where I leave it since my project isn't welcome and neither am I.

If I named names, this project would be destroyed, and I'd rather you call me a troll and write it off remaining blissfully ignorant, than have that happen. It may be dirty, but at least it's sort-of happening.

There have been a few people that have sold their coins and stormed off (vertoe, ape). For very damned good reasons. The thing that peeves the persons that triggered those exits, is that I'm not doing the same... I'll hang around and let the rubes mock me.

Fair enough, I'll keep asking each time you bring up "the legal threats" then.

Ok before I respond to everyone I would just like to say we totally all need to get the hell out of my thread unless you have something to add. @tungfa @flare I don't need you guys doing this in my proposal thread thanks. Go elsewhere to argue I'm trying to stay on topic for once.

@Comodore I will respond to you soon. You are still stretching the truth and/or missing some key info here so I would appreciate if you stick your judgements back in your pockets thanks.

@camosoul I get your point man I'm just trying to do something about it and create a standard for applying to the blockchain, as opposed to just bloating up the core team some more with fatty meat.

@mastermined With all due respect, I will not be working for $7/hr. Sorry. I make far more than this just selling websites and don't intend on becoming anyones underpaid slave. I can happily do a initial 1 month proposal, but I won't be halving my cost. Thats just insane. I live in Seattle, Washington and after a few meals, gas and a print job or two and I'd be out of funds. I work full-time as a FREELANCE designer & marketer, so the "do you have enough time" thing is also a non issue. I make my own schedule, based on the income, of course.

and to everyone who keeps targeting my personality as opposed to the proposal. Wierd standard you guys have here. I have easily the most straight forward proposal ever and noone is talking about it, just me. Why does noone judge @kot for his rude and lacking social skills? Or perhaps @daniel for never following through on his word, or perhaps we should judge all the countless trolls who harassed me? I don't get this double standard. The only person that has given legit responses was @Stealth923, cmon people. Do you want to keep shelling out thousands on wanna be marketing companies or just pay someone to get it done day in and day out. Without 6 other projects and contracts to juggle? Someone whos passionate about Dash enough to deal with this type of treatment.

And for the record:

ADD(Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder): A chronic condition including attention difficulty, hyperactivity, and impulsiveness.

Keep blaming me, please. I obviously am still here, STILL doing more for Dash than most people who complain about my "attitude". Make a choice, attitude or lack of passion. Cause obviously you can't have both. If I am passionate, I will have an opinion. Thats just how the real world works.

@TheDashGuy Well, your bad you did not communicated enough. You are telling me you wanted money, after you stated dashnation is not for profit, and you are telling 25 days after I sent you decription of what needs to be done. Anyway, my proposed idea made sense and I could have sent you some Dash, you just said you are going to do it and that was it.

You seriously need to learn some communication skills, because you are not comprehensible to most of us.

Hmm where to start off here..

Backstory:

At some point in time Tao started preaching his DashNation campaign and I saw a chance to help him improve his project by building him a place to store his content alongside of all the other Dash info out there and I sought out to build him a website to help that cause. At first it was busy as could be and what not because I was doing 99% of the work trying to fine tune everything. I spent roughly 40-50 hours on this project just building the site, gathering content, getting people lined up to help out and what not..

Then once I stopped having time to manage it all and keep it updated, the traffic died off because noone else was doing it, and if they were it wasn't as quality as I had hoped. So I refocused my energy on my day job and got swamped in the process with opening a new store. During this time you kept asking me about adding a link library and having you placed into it. I didn't see as much value in doing this right off the bat because as I just said, noone was visint DashNation really except for community members because the content flow had all but stopped.

Then somewhere between then and now you somehow felt like you mattered enough for me to drop everything I was doing to give you a single link back. Now that is where I get irritated. I do not work for you, my volunteering around here isn't for you. It's for Dash, and obviously you are mad about not getting that ever so important link back from a website that barely is kicking right about now, and I'm sorry you didn't get that linkback nor will be getting it because I have other things to be doing than managing Tao's project for him. I did plenty already and for you to try and drag me through the mud even though I have done more for Dash than you ever have, kind of erks me.

You could have also asked for a login to do it for yourself as this project is supposed to be community driven, not thedashguy driven, especially for free. I never claimed I would be working full-time on DashNation forever, just to get the website finished and usable. It is there. Noone uses it, yet you are mad at me for not jumping at your beck and call when I have jobs paying me $30 an hour to prioritize them, I will be prioritizing them. Not to mention how you guys talk to me around here, you really think I want to do you a favor? Get over yourself sir. Please.

If anyone is lacking skills here, its you. Get some ears and/or eyes and learn to read instead of make assumptions. Please and thank you.

Now once again, anyone have anything legit to say about the proposal or just more personal attacks about my ADD? Glad this place is so focused on growing Dash.... geez.

(PS. I haven't made a single dime and I run more Dash focused websites with better content than anyone else except @elishagh1, sooooo what do you guys have to say about that? Seems a little backwards here, some peoples priorities are reminding me of highschool, where the only thing that mattered was who you friends were... not what you could do.)

edit: oh and this "attitude" I have could easily dissapear overnight if the people in charge around here would stop trying to fund ATM's which are a non-starter and instead fund things like localdash.com or something, but nope. Priorites are set in stone, we are becoming the next PayPal, not the first decentralized economy. Nothing I can do about that it seems. I am jus trying to make the best of a shitty situation, so either let me try, or keep your pointless off-topic opinons to yourself please. I welcome anyone with something valid to say, but so far none of this has anything to do with my proposal and that is quite sad.

Last edited:
The biggest surprise I got from this entire thread is that there are actually people who don't have TheDashGuy and Camosoul on ignore. Typical behavior is typical...and ignored.

The biggest surprise I got from this entire thread is that there are actually people who don't have TheDashGuy and Camosoul on ignore. Typical behavior is typical...and ignored.
If you ignore whatever a person says, the next step is to start ignore whatever a person votes. And if you ignore other people's votes, then you are close to fascism.

Your post was #31. Beware of your posts marked under #31 and do not ignore them. Do not ignore whatever other people say too, otherwise you will also be ignored.

Last edited:
If you ignore whatever a person says, the next step is to ignore whatever a person votes. And if you ignore other people's votes, then you approach fascism.

Your post was #31. Beware of your posts marked under #31 and do not ignore them. Do not ignore whatever other people say too, otherwise you will also be ignored.

Usually you make sense, but this time im just baffled with confusion. WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?

I'm glad my thread is a place for all the jokers today...

Usually you make sense, but this time im just baffled with confusion. WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?

I'm glad my thread is a place for all the jokers today...

I am saying that everything and every think we are doing in our life, it is marked with numbers. And some numbers, have their meaning, for those who are gifted to read behind the numbers. My experience says , beware of the posts #13 and #31, it is very probable whoever posts under that number, to say something stupid. TheDashGuy, read your #13 post carefully, and edit it to fix the nonsenses.

Last edited:
The lack of feedback is making me feel as if the nodes would prefer to stick with these types of expensive projects and not do the actual work that needs to be done:

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-pr-fall-campaign-sept.10284/
459.66 Dash
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-pr-fall-campaign-aug.9825/ 651.41 Dash
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-pr-fall-campaign-pre-funding.9607/ 133.98 Dash (pre-funding for fall)
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-marketing-international-outreach-promotion-sep.10268/ 206.87 Dash
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-marketing-international-outreach-promotion-aug.9734/ 288.58 Dash
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-marketing-international-outreach-promotion.9218/ 270.57 Dash
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-d10e-conference-sponsorship.9035/ 490.49 Dash

and/or
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/transform-pr-project-closure-report.7962/page-2#post-83521 1100 DASH

Cmon guys, are you kidding me right now? Thats a total of, wait for it, 3600 Dash, what has it done for us so far? Thats freaking $46,000 USD and then some at todays price of $12.78.... and we can't even pinpoint if the traffic bounced on dash.org or if the twitter account blew up over XXX news, nothing, we have ZERO INSIGHT TO ANYTHING. No-one is analyzing the data, where the traffic comes from and pursues those angles... nothing is being done.

This is daily work that needs to be done and it needs to be done in a quick and passionate manner. Not have people dragging their knuckles doing it slowly. We are losing ground each and every day to other coins because we seem to not care for marketing and/or onboarding of consumers or businesses. We expect them to come to us, and its not going to happen that way.

As much as @TheDashGuy has been a volatile member of the Dash community, this particular proposal really isn't all that unreasonable. He's not proposing to be the face of Dash lol, this is simply a service he is offering that we currently are somewhat lacking.

However, @TheDashGuy, given that some members might not be ready to fully trust you yet, would you be willing to (1) start off with a single month proposal, and (2) scale back a little bit, reducing perhaps both the amount of the proposal as well as the hours of work? The first point is because although I recognize solar's point that there is really no such thing as a multi-month proposal, if there is no difference then let's take this particular objection off the table so we don't have to even worry about it. And the second point is to give the community an opportunity to give you a trial run without feeling like they are overstepping what they are comfortable with.

Neither of those items would make or break my own votes, but it might help with others. What do you all think?

they do not work ?
how so ?

I am happy to give u numbers of the international outreach if needed

u can not measure "success " in webpage clicks ! I know some people believe 150% in SEO but we all know there is more to it (conferences = personal + business connections / international outreach = chat groups and social page activities /....)

screaming at old PR campaigns is always the easiest option - with a side node "I do it cheaper and better"
well
(not sure why u are still riding on transform PR - can not let it go eh ?)
bottom line - there is a lot of effort done - the price went from 2$ something last year to 12$ now
is this all coming from PR ? definately not but I believe we did a great push and are still pushing further - same as in development - business development - international - ....

you guys are laughing at kot's reports and then bitch at not getting numbers and details
well , make up your mind :rolleyes:

As much as @TheDashGuy has been a volatile member of the Dash community, this particular proposal really isn't all that unreasonable. He's not proposing to be the face of Dash lol, this is simply a service he is offering that we currently are somewhat lacking.

However, @TheDashGuy, given that some members might not be ready to fully trust you yet, would you be willing to (1) start off with a single month proposal, and (2) scale back a little bit, reducing perhaps both the amount of the proposal as well as the hours of work? The first point is because although I recognize solar's point that there is really no such thing as a multi-month proposal, if there is no difference then let's take this particular objection off the table so we don't have to even worry about it. And the second point is to give the community an opportunity to give you a trial run without feeling like they are overstepping what they are comfortable with.

Neither of those items would make or break my own votes, but it might help with others. What do you all think?

Totally fine by me, what would that look like? I just don't intend on working for pennies is all. I can happily do less work for less money, there just won't be as much of a jumpstart in doing the campaign IMO. It would just give me a slow start which, I guess isn't a big deal for the first 4 weeks, just don't expect some insane results with only 20-25 hours a week of work on a campaign. I can re-work the proposal with a smaller scope and just cover some fundamentals to start off and get into the other areas later.

All in all you usually want to hit the ground running at full speed when it comes to marketing, slow starts often just hinder the marketing in the long run. But that does seem to be an acceptable middle ground between "trusting me" and giving it a trial run.

Still would like to hear form more than just 3-5 individuals, seeing as we have 4,000+ masternodes this shouldn't be an issue right? I'm not even sure if half the people in this thread are node owners or not :p

they do not work ?
how so ?

I am happy to give u numbers of the international outreach if needed

u can not measure "success " in webpage clicks ! I know some people believe 150% in SEO but we all know there is more to it (conferences = personal + business connections / international outreach = chat groups and social page activities /....)

screaming at old PR campaigns is always the easiest option - with a side node "I do it cheaper and better"
well
(not sure why u are still riding on transform PR - can not let it go eh ?)
bottom line - there is a lot of effort done - the price went from 2$ something last year to 12$ now
is this all coming from PR ? definately not but I believe we did a great push and are still pushing further - same as in development - business development - international - ....

you guys are laughing at kot's reports and then bitch at not getting numbers and details

Please, I would love to see your data, on a monthly basis if its not too much effort.

Secondly, you seem to be rather obsessed with coming in and not doing anything valuable except arguing and trying to start some drama. I was merely pointing out the cost of SOME of our recent marketing plans and how we are ignoring the simple daily stuff.

I'm not sure what the point of your post is to be quite honest it was hard to decipher between the broken sentences, random placement of the lines, and so on so maybe spend some time and write something that would make more sense and isn't just more trolling and maybe we can chat. Until then I don't feel the need to justify your post with any more of a response than I already have.

edit: and to be clear @kot has nothing to do with marketing and nor does your argument about "us bitching about his reports" they are COMPLETELY different, if you don't see a need in statistics when it comes to marketing, maybe you should stick to what you are good at? Since it obviously isn't marketing, marketing is data driven. Always has been, always will be.

And if you really don't think you can measure by clicks, someone misinformed you gravely.

another edit: You also need to be tracking every possible thing so you can actually pinpoint where people are coming from, having such a "hands off styled we have no idea" , marketing approach is a mess.

Numbers are not that hard. Google practically does the job for you.

Last edited:
they do not work ? how so ?
This is the very reason @TheDashGuy should be doing this proposal! If you can't track where you are getting visitors how do you know what is working? Greyghost had a great idea to update the website and add tracking and other pieces to mesh with a targeted campaign. Seemed like that fell apart waiting for the new website.

Here is the the thing. Thedashguy has already started a few websites like whatisdash.org. It would easy for him to make some custom onboarding pages specific to certain target audiences. And then try a few options and see what works best.

This is some pretty serious stuff here and not a laughing matter! Kot reported that the Lamassu 'Compatible Software' Proposal was 100% done with software. I see that the metrics he is putting out are almost irrelevant to what real customers are saying. If a customer has waited 6 months and can't get software installed - is the software 100% complete? This is really tragic and getting to be a big waste of money. I believe Kot's intentions are right, but playing telephone through Daniel is not working. GitGuild should be required to give updates directly and masternodes should vote out proposals that don't get updates or updates that are not inline with the proposal requirements.

And Tungfa, you chiming in and trying to make a joke about this is even worse. You are a moderator and should be professional and not using foul language. Please, stop disrespecting everyone that sees a problem or is critical to a report or activity. This is part of the process of a decentralized organization. Everyone is at the same level and needs to accept criticism and improve.

Back