• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Would you be interested in High Quality 100% cotton Dash T-shirt

Would you be interested in an unique Dash 100% cotton t-shirt

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We had some hiccups with the designer but have now the first draft of the design :D

let me know what you think! If no violent objections probably will move to printing the first run.

Attachments

• photo_2016-09-05_15-41-58.jpg
    photo_2016-09-05_15-41-58.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 124
I was thinking about 28-30 USD but getting the exact quote with this design first. The print because it's an all-over and not just on the front and back plus the material means it costs more than those regular t-shirts. I'll also post the exact cotton specs when I get them.

Design isn't that original, I bummed it off a similar albeit rare Bitcoin t-shirt somewhere and thought it was a pretty cool idea :p We will ship from Hong Kong.

I was thinking about 28-30 USD but getting the exact quote with this design first. The print because it's an all-over and not just on the front and back plus the material means it costs more than those regular t-shirts. I'll also post the exact cotton specs when I get them.

Design isn't that original, I bummed it off a similar albeit rare Bitcoin t-shirt somewhere and thought it was a pretty cool idea :p We will ship from Hong Kong.

GImme dat!!

Specs of cotton: single jersey, 100% cotton yarn, yarn count is 32’s/1 (yarn thickness is 32 single), fabric weight is 130g/m2.

7 September 2016

Fill up interest form here! (no payment required yet)

Price: 29.00 USD (also payable in Dash equivalent)
Shipping: Below 10 usd should be about 6 USD? Will confirm.

So I have gotten the quote and we can do the price at 29USD (does not include shipping). Again, a reminder that this is an all-over print which is costly to do. For full disclosure my material and production cost is 14.50 USD for the small scale but does not factor in the design costs and my time. If factoring in the design costs the cost I spent would be 18.1 USD so as you can see I'm not making very much here after factoring in the leftover sizing that would be for sure to happen. Would be happy to break even ;P

Specifications of the t-shirt are

Single jersey, 100% cotton yarn, yarn count is 32’s/1 (yarn thickness is 32 single), fabric weight is 130g/m2.

We're doing a sample print to make sure they're all in order and then we'll open it up for orders.

Sizing will be following US standard and we will have S, M, L, XL. Will post the exact dimensions later.

Update 5 September 2016
Here is the design!

Tentative price: 30 USD + shipping or Dash equivalent
T-shirts shipped from Hong Kong. Can assist with customs declaration.
rpcy561.jpg

I am engaging a designer and a high quality t-shirt printer to do a combination of the Dash whitepaper with the logo. Very interested to see the results. The white paper text will be used to outline a Dash logo. I'm still thinking of whether to use a white background with dash blue for the text or a black background instead.

The print will be all over (not just a logo) and will be pigment print or discharge printing so it is not one of those 'sticker' t-shirts. The t-shirts are also made 100% cotton and not bought off Gildan or Fruit of the Loom.

Will be using US sizing.

To make a print, I need a minimum order of these quality t-shirts is 50 pcs though a slight discount can be given if I go for 90 pcs.

The cost is higher because of the material and also the all over print design (as opposed to just the chest and back).

Am just checking to assess interest to decide on the number of t-shirts I need to make.

I'll take a few!

Sorry for the slow progress.

The first prototype had issues with font legibility but I'm pleased to show the second prototype which we might finalize. Just going through it with the wash to make sure it doesn't come off.

The vendor that does this makes t-shirts for Studdy and Ripcurl so the print should be good. Updated pictures are in the first post.

+2 here Reuben, check the spreadsheet ;)

My only reservation with my hemp/bamboo shirts in the past, is that the collars often tend to stretch out rather fast...sometimes within a year or less. Otherwise, bamboo in particular, makes for very comfy clothing.

I have seen some very different stitching in recent years that do away with the traditional elastic neck collar..which might actually be a good solution. I have a specific shirt in mind that actually reinforces the stitching with extra fabric, as opposed to the traditional fold/elastic. I'll try to upload a picture if my n00b status doesn't prevent me...

nkwmNdo.jpg

Thanks for those who filled up the form and especially to those who trusted me enough to make a prepayment!

A heads up, the first order will be placed over the next few days and we'll get further updates on the lead time:

S / M / L / XL / XXL / XXXL

5 13 15 10 5 2

These are the sizing breakdowns I will be getting. Previously, the supplier only limited me to 4 sizes due to the low order quantity but managed to negotiate to allow more sizing options. I hope I got it right :D

keep u guys posted here!

Hi guys! Just a quick update! The production is completed and being shipped to HK in the next 2 days! Thanks for your patience and I'll be starting to collect payments soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back