• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12.1 Testnet Launch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are trying to get it up and running smoothly before inviting testers. There are invalid blocks in testnet chain already and probably there will be few more while we implement new code. We don't want to confuse people too much (yet :D). Stay tuned :)

PS. of course you can compile from source, give different versions (from PRs) a try and leave some feedback (PR comments or in general issues) on github as usual.

I took the build of today for a ride (https://dashpay.atlassian.net/builds/browse/DASHW-DEV/latest/artifact/JOB1/gitian-win-dash-dist/) and its looking good
with regards to mixing. I did notice some messages "masternode unknown" & "request incomplete : unknown response", but i got 900 Dash mixed in 8 rounds in 90 minutes.
I let it sync from scratch and did not find any problems syncing it to latest block.

On a sidenote : it would be nice if we could somehow add the dash vote tracker (http://dashvotetracker.com/)
to our wallet, through a seperate tab perhaps? (Overview - Send - Receive - Transactions - Masternodes - Project Proposals) or have it implemented in Dash Evolution ?

Last edited:
I'm wondering if we can test the new electrum wallet for trezor with MN support in this round?

If so, how would I do it?

I think I just did :) The thing is, the protocol is 70201 and if I'm not mistaken, that's the previous protocol, no? Did they forget to update the number perhaps? Or do I remember incorrectly?

Sentinel pr 1 just got merged :

9ulWtUO.jpg

getgovernanceinfo

23:20:54

{"governanceminquorum": 1,
"superblockcycle": 24}

edit :
consensus.nGovernanceMinQuorum = 10;

good thing we have 11 masternodes on Testnet. They all appearently form (or could form) 1 quorum currently.

getsuperblockbudget 1

23:24:45

getsuperblockbudget index

23:27:09

Error: Error parsing JSON:index

I guess we have to add a superblock first to it..

Edit : Another merge, looks like integration of Sentinel is in full swing.

tATA4sZ.jpg

Edit : a merge to activate superblocks at block 61000 (not merged yet, it had a failure merging)

HVccWKf.jpg

TExiz9c.jpg

Last edited:
That's weird, last night I started my two tMNs with the MN tab, my remote MNs didn't actually say they started, but the wallet assured me they were started, so I just left everything as is. Now I just noticed that they never did start up, and my wallet shows them as having not started. The local walet says they're pre-enabled again (whatever that means) but no go on the remotes. I don't know what I should do. I remember them just turning on after a long wait before on testnet, but it aint happening.

I did reindex, but I'm going to try dumping all the files and rebuilding. That'll probably work :)

Wow, after cleaning out my .dash folder and restarting, I realized there are no files like we used to have (don't remember, debug.log, mnpayments.dat peers.dat, etc.... all not being recreated like they normally would be, yet my wallets are open???

Yah, I think I had trouble last time making this work. Maybe I forgot something? But I'm too tired right now to work on this :p I'll be back.............tomorrow!

Last edited:
That's weird, last night I started my two tMNs with the MN tab, my remote MNs didn't actually say they started, but the wallet assured me they were started, so I just left everything as is. Now I just noticed that they never did start up, and my wallet shows them as having not started. The local walet says they're pre-enabled again (whatever that means) but no go on the remotes. I don't know what I should do. I remember them just turning on after a long wait before on testnet, but it aint happening.

I did reindex, but I'm going to try dumping all the files and rebuilding. That'll probably work :)

Wow, after cleaning out my .dash folder and restarting, I realized there are no files like we used to have (don't remember, debug.log, mnpayments.dat peers.dat, etc.... all not being recreated like they normally would be, yet my wallets are open???

Yah, I think I had trouble last time making this work. Maybe I forgot something? But I'm too tired right now to work on this :p I'll be back.............tomorrow!

This is how my folder currently looks like from one of my normal wallets (i'm not running a masternode on Testnet) :

R0GuN4v.jpg

i would wait untill the pulls that got merged 30 minutes ago (https://github.com/dashpay/dash/commits/v0.12.1.x) are included in a new build and then build from scratch (with only wallet and masternode.conf / dash.conf left)

Last edited:
A few posts back I mentioned that the working directory (-datadir) has changed from ".dash" to ".dashcore". That change probably explains your confusion.

Really eager to start testing all this new code, but it seems they're still not quite ready for us. :(

Yep, we are still awaiting official announcement for testing on Testnet as they are still ironing out the bugs.
For me this is just some personal testing.

Talking about bugs :

Bug 1

v0.12.1.0-d48fe53
Windows 10, 64bit
Windows qt wallet 64bit

Syncing from scratch (delete everything but wallet.dat and dash.conf file)
Synced to latest block
Synchronizing with network : 0 hours behind
Wallet get stuck in endless synchronization "0 hours behind" and wont move further

Close and restart wallet fixes this..

Bug 2 (or maybe it just works that way)

Using keypool refill 10000 in windows wallet (in debug console) freezes the wallet for some time.
Once it responds again you need to close and restart the windows wallet in order to get the extra keys.

Last edited:
A few posts back I mentioned that the working directory (-datadir) has changed from ".dash" to ".dashcore". That change probably explains your confusion.

Really eager to start testing all this new code, but it seems they're still not quite ready for us. :(

Ah, well, thank you :) Now to fix!

Still no word on when testing is to resume?

Can we get a report an ETA - something?

I'm concerned that the folder was changed from .dash to .dashcore. This has allowed me to believe my MNs were running, which they weren't - at least not on the updated version.

I'm afraid this is going to cause all kinds of havoc when we fork. Was there a strong and necessary reason for this?

I must be on ignore - OR - nobody can/will answer my question......... fairly typical ,,,,,,

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/august-2016-development-update.10018/

Testing is currently progressing for 12.1, and we are presently working on getting superblocks to be created and accepted on the network. This introduces a lot of new code and needs some work before community-wide public testing would be beneficial. The current one is a process of debugging thousands of new lines of code, and making sure most of the work flows are tested and function on a basic level without critical errors. We should expect to shift to public testing of version 12.1 within the next two weeks.

Evans message was Aug 2, so, pub testing is 2 weeks late.

Evans message was Aug 2, so, pub testing is 2 weeks late.
Given the latest testing release is dated Aug 17th, I wouldn't say his estimate was off. That said, I'm really hoping to see a new testnet release this weekend!

Does anyone know what the new "secret" features we were supposed to get are? Have these been released yet? Asking because I haven't been to testnet in a while.

Pablo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back