• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

X11 compatible CGminer

XePeleato

Hi there, I don't really know if this is going to be useful to anyone but anyway, In the last few days I have tried to include X11 compatibility into the popular mining software CGminer. I know I am not the only one, since PinIdea, iBeLink and all that Asic miner manufacturers have done so, however, none of them have released their source code (regardless of it being released under GPLv3) so I thought it would be interesting to give it a try, I'll be using it for a project, but I thought it would be nice to share it.

The thing is that since I don't have any miner (and I don't feel like writing a driver to support CPU mining) I am not sure if it works (but I release it anyway, How cool is that?), at least it compiles fine with no warnings (just one, but it was there before). So if you are looking for a place to start, feel free to play with the code.

Disclaimer: You must know that I have coded the most of it at night because I don't have much spare time now, so if you spot something weird just tell me, the code won't run straight out of the box, because assuming that the X11 implementation works, you'll still need the driver to run the FPGA/ASIC.

Oh I almost forgot, this was possible because awesome people released their awesome projects, I have used code from:
CGminer, SGminer and CPUminer, lots of thanks to the people who pushed code there.

Well, here it goes: https://github.com/XePeleato/cgminer

Take care!

Last edited:
This is really cool. I don't trust the ASIC miners and in fact, mine runs on scrypta on an orangePi and I can't find the miner in there. I have no idea where it was installed. I would love to be able to control what is on the pi and adjust things, but I have no technical specs on the mining chip so... can't do that either :p

Do you know how to find the driver of the ASIC? I'm running baikalminer. I think the foundation operating system is Tails, 'cause I read it somewhere, but forget where... :p
It would be fun to do this, so if you have any advice, I'd sure appreciate it :)

This is really cool. I don't trust the ASIC miners and in fact, mine runs on scrypta on an orangePi and I can't find the miner in there. I have no idea where it was installed. I would love to be able to control what is on the pi and adjust things, but I have no technical specs on the mining chip so... can't do that either :p

Do you know how to find the driver of the ASIC? I'm running baikalminer. I think the foundation operating system is Tails, 'cause I read it somewhere, but forget where... :p
It would be fun to do this, so if you have any advice, I'd sure appreciate it :)
Do you mean the .c file that gets compiled with cgminer? They just released binaries, so the only way to do that is by disassembling that binary, that would give us some beautiful ArmV7 instructions, easy enough right? ;). I'll have a look!

Last edited:
Oh man, if you'd share what you find, that'd be so awesome! They told me it was impossible to overclock. It runs at 37 degrees celsius, which is really really cold, IMO (actually I'm talking about the miner chip, not orangePi)

Oh man, if you'd share what you find, that'd be so awesome! They told me it was impossible to overclock. It runs at 37 degrees celsius, which is really really cold, IMO (actually I'm talking about the miner chip, not orangePi)

I've been looking for their mining software, but I just found a Chinese website with no relevant information, Could you upload the mining software that baikal includes? Or the image for the pi, that would help a lot since I don't own the miner.

Sure, how do I take an image of the pi?

Never mind, I'm working on it :) Will probably take a bit as I have a lot of chores to do, but will try to have it uploaded today :)

It's a huge file (probably after zipping, 7GB) How do you suggest I upload it? I don't have a service :/

I included things I downloaded from the website, mostly no longer valid I believe, and a couple of exe files I won't execute unless i sandbox myself, LOL

Also a note to everyone with such a miner, I'm really glad I made an image. Now if i corrupt my SD card, I can make a new one. It's just hard to get in and out of the opi without unscrewing the bottom :p

Edit: 1.3 GB zipped, that's really condensed! Amazing :)

Last edited:
Sure, how do I take an image of the pi?

Never mind, I'm working on it :) Will probably take a bit as I have a lot of chores to do, but will try to have it uploaded today :)

It's a huge file (probably after zipping, 7GB) How do you suggest I upload it? I don't have a service :/

I included things I downloaded from the website, mostly no longer valid I believe, and a couple of exe files I won't execute unless i sandbox myself, LOL

Also a note to everyone with such a miner, I'm really glad I made an image. Now if i corrupt my SD card, I can make a new one. It's just hard to get in and out of the opi without unscrewing the bottom :p

Edit: 1.3 GB zipped, that's really condensed! Amazing :)
Nice! I'd suggest to upload it to Mega, I can also provide you with credentials in order to upload it via FTP/SCP to a server so I can download it from there.

Back