• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

SOLUTION: How to pay dash over the phone

GrandMasterDash

Masternode Owner/Operator
This is a variation on a previous idea of mine. Maybe it could be included in Evolution? It's certainly something the MNs could do...

I call a shop and want to place an order...
"Hey, can I pay with dash?"
"Yes sir, the dash code is 11572"

I enter "11572" into my wallet and the wallet responds with the item name, price and a response code of "29813"...
"thanks, my dash code is 29813"
"thank sir, the payment has been accepted. Have a nice day"

What happened was, the merchant's terminal / wallet asked the MNs for a unique key pair that lives for just 2 minutes. If both parts are entered correctly in this time frame, the money is transferred.

Simpler and faster than visa

This is a variation on a previous idea of mine. Maybe it could be included in Evolution? It's certainly something the MNs could do...

I call a shop and want to place an order...
"Hey, can I pay with dash?"
"Yes sir, the dash code is 11572"

I enter "11572" into my wallet and the wallet responds with the item name, price and a response code of "29813"...
"thanks, my dash code is 29813"
"thank sir, the payment has been accepted. Have a nice day"

What happened was, the merchant's terminal / wallet asked the MNs for a unique key pair that lives for just 2 minutes. If both parts are entered correctly in this time frame, the money is transferred.

Simpler and faster than visa
Cool idea but needs more than 5 digits and alpha numeric IMHO or shorter time to live like 30 seconds or it could be gamed quickly..

Cool idea but needs more than 5 digits and alpha numeric IMHO or shorter time to live like 30 seconds or it could be gamed quickly..

Yes, perhaps 6, 7 or 8 digits each side, but I think it's workable. Also, we could charge the send fee on every attempt, even if the numbers don't match i.e. making an attack expensive.

Back