• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash N Go - WiFi Portal Project Complete

Solarminer

The Wifi-Portal Project was started with this proposal:
https://www.dashwhale.org/p/Wifi-Portal
And updated in this thread:
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/any-update-on-“wifi-portal“.8473/#post-89714

This project is now considered complete. The original plan was to create a device that would act as a captive wifi portal. It ended up that this part was not a good solution. It also became impractical to create a mobile app that can automatically login to a secure wifi portal. Instead, we focused on created a mobile app that could download information from a web server.

The start of this project we had the support of @fulltimegeek to help with android development. @tomasz.ludek helped immensely with the android portion and took the concept to completion. @TheDashGuy helped on website design and images. A special thanks to all is well deserved.

The idea with this project was to create a system that you could pay for products by scanning with your phone and skipping the register. We were able to make a proof of concept for a few products. If this is to go into a commercial setting a store selector will need to be added to the app. Also this demo only had a few choices of soda to scan, a full solution will require an entire store product list to be on the server.

The finished product is an android app you can download. It connects to a server that is hosting a product list and store info file. The app scans a product upc code then finds the cost and dash address in the product list file. It then converts to dash and adds to a cart. When you hit pay it pulls up your dash wallet to pay. When complete the receipt is shown.

Below is an animated gif of the different steps.
DashNGo.gif

Feel free to download the app and view a few example files on dashngo.com. I setup Coke and Mountain Dew as product options, so you scan that soda on your desk and buy it for just 1 cent to try it out.

How can I add this to buywithdash.com? will you and thedashguy being consulting for setting up stores for people?

How can I add this to buywithdash.com? will you and thedashguy being consulting for setting up stores for people?
This is really setup for point of sale at a physical store. If there is interest from a merchant, I can coordinate the changes needed for the app and the server side updates the store will need to make(basically adding 2 files on their website). I would imagine that merchants will want more security or to add new features like inventory management via the blockchain.

I am trying to open physical store. With same products from web store. Trying to find a good space for sale still for physical store

Back