• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Evolution will also be a bitcoin wallet

Evolution should move to being a multi-coin wallet

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wait for Evolution release and then Exodus implement it and you will get all of this. A multi currecy third-party wallet would give all the benefits carried by your idea and wouldn't incur in costs and efforts for the Dash team/network. Nice for a 3rd party wallet but won't support it in Evo's official wallet.

This makes sense. Unless I'm mistaken, Evolution is a platform (not necessarily an end-user wallet) that allows easy integration of unique dash features through the new DAPI. The whole point is to encourage widespread adoption of the currency itself by using it in all kinds of different ways, not to restrict everyone to a semi-centrally managed, one-size-fits-all software program.

This makes sense. Unless I'm mistaken, Evolution is a platform (not necessarily an end-user wallet) that allows easy integration of unique dash features through the new DAPI. The whole point is to encourage widespread adoption of the currency itself by using it in all kinds of different ways, not to restrict everyone to a semi-centrally managed, one-size-fits-all software program.

Yeah, but can it issue and manage, say, bitcoin addresses in parallel? - if not, why not? It doesn't have to do any of the heavy lifting of managing a separate blockchain.

Suddenly US dollars are more important than bitcoin? If dash is also second to the dollar, why are we even bothering? I mean, just get a credit / debit and do your purchases and transfers that way...why on earth would we need dash? Wait, let's also make a pact to also never use Ether because we don't want to value it too highly in our isolationist world. No euros, yen, silver, gold.. oh wait, fiat is ok, but crypto isn't... ah ok, I get it, lets sink to the lowest denominator and say that is ok.

There was me thinking, central banks can't be trusted, crypto better than fiat with it's controlled and limited supply, That crypto was better because it's permissionless. Bitcoin was going to take over the world.. dash was a better bitcoin... but fuck that, we'll just say that US dollars are ok and completely ignore those toys called bitcoin and Ethereum that are worth more than dash.

Honestly, truly, I don't think anyone here actually remembers why on earth they got into bitcoin in the first place.

First of all I didn't say USD are more important than Bitcoin. But the fact is USD is widely accepted. Adding USD (or other fiat) in the same platform (or interface) improve user experience . People can manage or maybe buy and sell DASH within the platform (I hope one day those features will be implement). Provide what user need is the main point here.

Secondly, I do think central banks and banks can't be trust. But I also do think that people can choose whatever currency they want to (either fiat or crypto) . I think this is the value behind the currency competition (or Denationalization of currencies). You have to admit not every one in the earth think fiat is something they have to get rid of. So people do think holding fiat feel safe. So providing option for people to choose is not a problem.

First of all I didn't say USD are more important than Bitcoin.

Yes you did, you said, "If multi-Coin means DASH and other fiat (USD) that is fine. But another crypto? no.
No need for mess up user.". It's clear you consider fiat more important than bitcoin. You don't mind a list of fiat currencies but to add bitcoin to the list is a no.

the fact is USD is widely accepted.

Accepted presently, yes... Yet there are options looming, depending on how far they are able to 'kick the can down the road' and avoid responsibility for the incomprehensible debt.
I never had any degree of control over them, could not get them to follow the Law that was the controlling contract, and disagree with most of the policies they enacted.

I would just as soon distance myself from all that as much as possible !
YMMV
rc

@GrandMasterDash I was just thinking about this again and I think I now agree with you that we should provide users with a wallet that supports multiple blockchains. The reason I have changed tune is because I actually view Ethereum and a few other blockchains as asset, not currencies and why wouldn't we allow users to hold assets that they want to hold? We are going to allow them to hold dollars etc through Cryptocapital so why not other assets? Maybe @AndyDark already has plans for this?

My thoughts were that we should implement it so they choose if they want to install a Bitcoin plugin into their wallet or an Ethereum plugin etc but otherwise it is a pure Dash wallet.

I do think this needs more discussion.

@GrandMasterDash I was just thinking about this again and I think I now agree with you that we should provide users with a wallet that supports multiple blockchains. The reason I have changed tune is because I actually view Ethereum and a few other blockchains as asset, not currencies and why wouldn't we allow users to hold assets that they want to hold? We are going to allow them to hold dollars etc through Cryptocapital so why not other assets? Maybe @AndyDark already has plans for this?

My thoughts were that we should implement it so they choose if they want to install a Bitcoin plugin into their wallet or an Ethereum plugin etc but otherwise it is a pure Dash wallet.

I do think this needs more discussion.

while at it we could even make the wallet to be a decentralized exchange, if it already support multiple blockchain.

Back