• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Project Quality assurance

bhkien

Currently, projects are proposed to voters, but we do not have a mechanism to make sure about quality of projects satisfy users or not.

I have an idea: Why don't we split voting in two phases? First we vote and the network will fund about 50% (or something) of the proposal value, and then when project complete voters votes again to confirms that project is good or not. If it satisfy users the second vote will release 50% left. If the quality is not good enough the funding will remain for other projects.

Maybe, the first vote will restrict to only masternode owners, but the second vote, I think normal people also can vote.

Personally, I like ideas like this, but I don't think it would work as it is, not least because, AFAIK, the new budget system revolves around Project Managers. Paying half the money upfront might work when you have a small board of people, but I'm not sure how that would play out with hundreds of MNs. I think we should see how the new budget system works, no doubt it will need tweaking.

Please take into consideration that some projects have upfront cost higher than 50%. Who should cover those expenses when they are due?

I'd say wait for the new budget system, and let's see how it turns out.

Back