• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

X11 ASIC Baikal Mini Miner Spec

Anyway, I still look forward to playing with this miner. I have no idea how much R&R costs, and this could be a loser for the manufacturer as well. So I hope I'm not implying that this manufacturer is doing anything wrong, they're just trying to provide a product, everything else is supply and demand.

Forgive my stupidity but what is R&R?

LOL, I meant R&D, I'm stupid! R&R = Rest and Relaxation LOL, R&D = Research and Development. Sorry!

I would very much like to do this in profit mode.
Unfortunately, the rate here is 18c usd per kilowatt.

I would do better with a mining pool, yet less entertainment !

Best
rc
I just looked up our average rate, which is 21 cents per KWH. 52% more than the nation's average. But we get about 1000% more bureaucratic mismanagement, so it's all good :D

that's correct. thanks for the excellent summary!

Wally, I think he is referring to how the other manufacturers of ASIC miners have limited their supply and the numbers any one person could buy so that the mining hash rate wouldn't skyrocket and 1. cause mining investors to never be able to recoup their investment and 2. Cause their consumer base (people who buy the mining units) to give up on mining, and thus not buy anymore units.

If the hash rate today shows that you could make 10 coins a month, so you order one thinking you'll get your money back in 5 months, but by the time you receive yours, a week has gone by, and 100 people have since gone online with their delivered units, which raises the hash rate to 15GB more, lowering profit to 8 coins a month, but your's just arrived, you start mining and a week later, profit is at 6 coins, etc.... Your first month you're lucky to get 4 coins total. Next month will be even less and on and on it goes. And you can never recoup your expense of buying the miner at 56 or whatever coins (not including shipping)

Apparently this manufacturer made thousands of units and when they came online, the hashrate went up 300 GH, which killed the profits (or really pay offs) of earlier adopters from the ASIC miner companies that chose to regulate supply and demand for their customers.

So a lot of people are very angry about this.

Well I have my unit, it's plugged in, all set up but my P2pool on my linux box is refusing connection and I can't figure it out. I've set up the P2pool difficulty as per the wiki, and I've turned off my firewall, still refuses connection with error 111

If anyone can help, I'd sure appreciate it :) Thanks!

I have no idea what I did, but it's working now. Now I must see if I can put firewall back up :p

Last edited:
I would think BaikalMiner would make an update available! I would think it requires an update to the miner only, but they could just make an image to flash on to the miniSD card, no?

Most companies provide for such support.

I would think BaikalMiner would make an update available! I would think it requires an update to the miner only, but they could just make an image to flash on to the miniSD card, no?

Most companies provide for such support.
They need to use a dedicated line, but now the update does not publish, can only wait.

I ordered 1 Quad on 5th August to Europe.I will keep you posted & updated here about the shipping / customs / set up and so on.

Reactions: jig
I've been trying to order for the last couple of days.

I did it via email ( a long list of questions from my side ) and finished it on skype.That was last Friday.They said it will take 3 business days to complete the package and that would be today.
In the weekend I talked again with them to see if there are updates regarding my order and they said they will ship on Monday ( yesterday ).
When I asked again what's the status yesterday they told me the shippment could not be done due to weather conditions.So I guess today will be the lucky day and they are still on the schedule of those 3 days until shippment.

I've just been having nothing but troubles with their website... bottom line, don't forget your password cause requesting a new one doesn't work that well.

Ok, so it was shipped on 9th August from China according to the AWB.It is presumed to arrive on 16th of August if all goes well with my country' customs agents.Now it's in Germany....can't wait to play with it.

I have received mine today.It's very cute actually and far smaller than I anticipated.
After I will buy some cable adapters to be able to power it I will put it to test.I think this will be Tuesday.

I have set it up and put it to work.All things are working well.
Hey can you give me more details Like how it was sealed for transport

Where did you get the power cables and how much did they cost
Finaly what about customs? did you pay fees for importing this item?

Hey can you give me more details Like how it was sealed for transport

Where did you get the power cables and how much did they cost
Finaly what about customs? did you pay fees for importing this item?

It was shipped assembled in a normal box.As protection the miner itself was wrapped in a 2 cm thick isolation spongy material inside the box.It took 1 week from the moment of payment to arrival including 2 days of weekend.

It came with: 4 connecting cables ( 1 spare - 3 to use ), that cable for updating and the power cable.Note that the power cable has 5 heads to connect to the boards ( 4 to use and 1 spare ) and a 6 pin female pci express connector at the other end.
Because my atx power source had no pci express ( I have only Molex ) I had to buy an adapter ( http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/sis.html...A&_itemId=170583059349&_trksid=p2047675.m4096 ) at the price of 1.5 $ in my country.
Now I don't know if there is something wrong with the adapter or with the cable Baikal sent but 2 out of those 5 heads don't send power to the boards so I used a 12V - 4 A power supply from an external HDD to power one of the boards.In the near future I will buy a power source with 6 pin pci express connection and I will know for sure.

The customs fee was in my country 12.2 $ representing the VAT for a specific declared value.I also had to pay the transporter a fee because I decided to let him represent me at the customs.There are a lot of formalities here and a lot of time to wait if I wanted to represent myself.So customs ( 12.2$ ) plus transporter fee ( 24.8$ ) = 37$ in extra taxes.

If there's anything else you guys would like to know I will be happy to answer.
Just to specify: I ordered a Quad.

Last edited:
Back