• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Which of Dash's many attributes excites you the most?

Which of Dash's many attributes excites you the most?

• Masternodes

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Privacy (Coinjoin)

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Security (InstantSend, Chainlocks)

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Transaction Speed (Chained InstantSend)

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Governance Features (DAO, Dash Trust, DIF)

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Evolution (Usernames, Universal Accessibility, Ease of Use)

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Other (Please comment below)

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

TaoOfSatoshi

Consider this the first post I will make under a new initiative to visit the Dash Forum more often. Please consider joining me and making a couple of posts a day to show that we are actually alive and contributing to the project. Let's not have the majority of our interactions in a place (Discord) that doesn't give outsiders a chance to see the vibrancy of our community. Let's breathe new life into this searchable venue and show the world what we are about.

So, the title is self-explanatory. If you ask 5 people what they like about Dash, you may get 5 different answers. A project that offers so much to everyone is bound to be like that. It gets overwhelming trying to keep up with the innovations sometimes. What excites you about Dash?

Please vote and comment.

Cheers, Tao.

I didn't vote "other" but would like to add, that as a Dash Merchant, I like the payment integration options Dash offers, I am using Anypay for my Dash Voyeur website.

Everything else on the list is very important, but what excites me the most is Evolution (platform/drive/dashpay/etc.) there is a huge wealth of new features coming to Dash that take it from a very very strong contender for crypto payments (and already the best) to something that will completely blow everything out the water to a huge degree. It truly allows for a crypto venmo that your grandma can use, and that's just the start - all of the avenues for decentralized applications it opens up will add the opportunities for a full supporting ecosystem to grow around it.

Consider this the first post I will make under a new initiative to visit the Dash Forum more often. Please consider joining me and making a couple of posts a day to show that we are actually alive and contributing to the project. Let's not have the majority of our interactions in a place (Discord) that doesn't give outsiders a chance to see the vibrancy of our community. Let's breathe new life into this searchable venue and show the world what we are about.

So, the title is self-explanatory. If you ask 5 people what they like about Dash, you may get 5 different answers. A project that offers so much to everyone is bound to be like that. It gets overwhelming trying to keep up with the innovations sometimes. What excites you about Dash?

Please vote and comment.

Cheers, Tao.

I like this initiative, the forum is excellent I don't know why the community doesn't use it as much. It feels that with so many options people have for communicating, it actually works against unifying, it pulls everyone in different directions instead of just gathering in one place. I think Dash is lacking this, and it should strive to improve it's community.

I also see a spread of different apps and website which are not easy to discover. I think it would be a good idea to bring all websites together in some form and give all of them some specific utility so people can start using them for the intention they where created.

Everything else on the list is very important, but what excites me the most is Evolution (platform/drive/dashpay/etc.) there is a huge wealth of new features coming to Dash that take it from a very very strong contender for crypto payments (and already the best) to something that will completely blow everything out the water to a huge degree. It truly allows for a crypto venmo that your grandma can use, and that's just the start - all of the avenues for decentralized applications it opens up will add the opportunities for a full supporting ecosystem to grow around it.

Agree, that's why BTC doesn't make much sense to me.

Other (Please comment below)

Staking. I love it.

Last edited:
I didn't vote "other" but would like to add, that as a Dash Merchant, I like the payment integration options Dash offers, I am using Anypay for my Dash Voyeur website.
Yup, that's a good one, too. I'm sure these aspects of Dash will become even more sophisticated as time goes on, with many new features made possible by Evolution.
So exciting! You hit the nail on the head with this post.
I like this initiative, the forum is excellent I don't know why the community doesn't use it as much. It feels that with so many options people have for communicating, it actually works against unifying, it pulls everyone in different directions instead of just gathering in one place. I think Dash is lacking this, and it should strive to improve it's community.

I also see a spread of different apps and website which are not easy to discover. I think it would be a good idea to bring all websites together in some form and give all of them some specific utility so people can start using them for the intention they where created
Thanks. I believe the time is now for action, in the period leading up to the release of Evolution. We need to create a buzz here in this medium that is more publicly searchable. Yes, world, the Dash community does exist, and it's coming out of its Discord hiding place!

I like Dash because it allows me to transfer financial value across the world in an extremely convenient and fast way without having any third party involved.

I like Dash because it's a decentralized network (without state control) that allows pseudonomous instant peer to peer transactions between anyone in the world.

I like Dash because nobody can freeze my bank account or seize my money (unconfiscatable). I'm in full control, but also fully responsible.

I like Dash because it's a transparent network where the total supply and all transactions can be verified and no centralized entity can modify anything (immutability). It's extremely trustworthy.

I like Dash because it's a cryptocurrency that is traded like a commodity asset for which the price is determined by supply and demand, unlike FIAT which only goes down in value (inflation). The inherent volatility is totally acceptable imo. It is part of the deal of what makes Dash and crypto in general so great.

Dash allows trustless in-wallet mixing of your coins allowing you to make transaction which hides the sender address. No need to trust third parties as is the case with Bitcoin.

Dash transactions are so cheap I never check the fee, unlike Bitcoin that requires awareness of certain methods/procedures (e.g. RBF). I'm aware Dash has $0.0001 as average fee now and that's all I need to know.

Dash's user experience is simply second to none. Using other cryptocurrencies is just a drag, especially Bitcoin.

I also like Dash cause it has a X11 hashing Proof of Work algorithm which is a better choice than SHA256. The protocol, algorithms and applicable mathematics assure me that no coins can be created out of thin air. Emission is perfectly under control.

I just love Dash, cause it's just such a big paradigm shift from 10 years ago. Bitcoin triggered it, but falls short imo.

Dash may play a very big role in the future.

From Tao's list I like Mnodes as a passive income (crowndnode it if you can't a afford a ful one) a cool feature of DASH, Privacy, speed and security, in the Other I like the integrations to exchanges, I can trade easily and with leverage on hitbtc and FTX. I actually don't like Evo (Platform) I think we are pissing money down the drain on that one. I want to be proven wrong, but so far I am dead right. Eat it ! Instead of Evolution I would like to see more work on Layer1 and the core protocol. I would like to see an overhaul of the governance system to make it more accessible (lower fee) and persist onchain. I would also like to see more work done on addressing DASH's tokenomics. The following is a nice start.
  1. Inflate the supply fairly by a factor of 100-1000x.
  2. Lower the collateral required for mnode to 250Dash.
  3. Incentivise masternode owners to hold onto their colleterals for longer by paying a higher rate to the oldest running mnodes.
  4. Oh and did I mention lower the proposal fee?

Thanks for the answers, and for setting an example for the rest of the community. This place deserves to be frequented more, and the more we talk about Dash's benefits, the more newcomers will be able to understand them. Great work, all!

From Tao's list I like Mnodes as a passive income (crowndnode it if you can't a afford a ful one) a cool feature of DASH, Privacy, speed and security, in the Other I like the integrations to exchanges, I can trade easily and with leverage on hitbtc and FTX. I actually don't like Evo (Platform) I think we are pissing money down the drain on that one. I want to be proven wrong, but so far I am dead right. Eat it ! Instead of Evolution I would like to see more work on Layer1 and the core protocol. I would like to see an overhaul of the governance system to make it more accessible (lower fee) and persist onchain. I would also like to see more work done on addressing DASH's tokenomics. The following is a nice start.
  1. Inflate the supply fairly by a factor of 100-1000x.
  2. Lower the collateral required for mnode to 250Dash.
  3. Incentivise masternode owners to hold onto their colleterals for longer by paying a higher rate to the oldest running mnodes.
  4. Oh and did I mention lower the proposal fee?

I fully expect you to eat humble pie once we launch DashPay Extension and it blows other wallets out the water more so than Dash already does, thanks!

I fully expect you to eat humble pie once we launch DashPay Extension and it blows other wallets out the water more so than Dash already does, thanks!
Fire. Pure fire. Love it!
We all know there's only one right answer to this question.

It's the combination of all the features that makes Dash exciting!

It's really hard to pick one feature over another.
You said it! There is a LOT to like.

It's really hard to pick one feature over another.

lol agree.. I really don't understand why the market isn't as excited about Dash as they should be.. is the giant still to hard to find?

Blinders_1.jpg

Last edited:
I really don't understand why the market isn't as excited about Dash as they should be.. is the giant still to hard to find?

The market is the dollar guys, who want all cryptos to be destroyed.
So, by using the power of their dollars, they pump the stupid cryptos (like dogecoin) and they destroy the really smart cryptos.
Dash is in between smart and stupid, so it barely survives.

This is fantastic! This is something I've been waiting for with anticipation. 38rc1 is it safe version? What date will 38 be released? What happens if I prefer conda over pip? Would this make me even more eligible to receive the release code? Is it possible that the conda packages have been updated at some point in the past?I'm new to Python and was interested in how it works. I'm not sure if should update to a candidate release because I've got some issues to fix.

I like hearing about what everyone else likes about Dash. I guess security is number one for me but I still have a lot more research to do.

Back