• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Where is Charlie Shrem's DashPayCard?

Acedian

I would like, as I am sure many do, an update on the progress of the DashPayCard.
I am very eager to see this bad boy in action! :D

The estimated time to release was 3 months. It has been 2 months now with no word on how the protect is going.
I would like to hear from @CharlieShrem if possible, but any real information on this would be appreciated.

This is why I think we need a method to withhold progress payments unless updates\time line goals are met. There needs to be management of updates\progress paments after the proposal has been approved.

A well presented proposal by someone could allow thousands of dollars to be stolen with no work completed on their well oiled proposal. Masternode operators vote on the ideas put forward and use their best judgement to decide on proposals, if a well presented proposal is approved where is the governance after?

A well presented proposal by someone could allow thousands of dollars to be stolen with no work completed on their well oiled proposal.
There's this thing called Due Diligence. MNOs, being utterly clueless in general, don't do it.

This scam only works because the MNOs consider nothing but the flashy presentation. If MNOs would grow up and get a clue, it wouldn't be possible. It's basically the Nigerian Prince scam. Only retards fall for it... Fortunately, for the scammers, MNOs are 85% retards.

This is why I think we need a method to withhold progress payments unless updates\time line goals are met. There needs to be management of updates\progress paments after the proposal has been approved.

If you figure out a way to put that into code...

The problem is that there are lots of good ideas, but these ideas aren't possible to actually implement in code. As far as I can see, the only way to do what you are suggesting is for Core Team to hold funds in escrow. Some proposers are willing to allow that and some are not. There is no way to do this in an automatic, decentralized fashion--unless you or somebody else can code it.

P.S. Shrem gave an update on Dashnation Slack a few weeks ago. The real problem is that there are so many different communication channels that nobody can post updates on every single one (here, BCT, slack, twitter, Dash Central, reddit...).

Every funded proposal should create a new thread in separate spot for updates on dash central. That would be great.

I have some updates to send out soon and i don't feel like there is a right place to do it.

He just needs to post an update at Dash Central -- it can just be a link to whereever, but that's where an update should go.

...in your opinion. Some think they should be updated via Dash Nation Slack. Some think they should be updated on the "official" Dash forum. Some think reddit, or twitter.

If you figure out a way to put that into code...

The problem is that there are lots of good ideas, but these ideas aren't possible to actually implement in code.

And thats the limitation but I think DashCore should be using an escrow and that will be especially important as price increases

...in your opinion. Some think they should be updated via Dash Nation Slack. Some think they should be updated on the "official" Dash forum. Some think reddit, or twitter.
Agreed. However, the obvious is to make a choice as community to choose which channel should be used for updates.

Frankly, I see it to be quite logical to be dashcentral as it is where those project gets there money from.

Usually, before a proposal passes, and before the owner get the money, he doesn't have a lot of trouble answering the questions asked on dashcentral... Then suddenly nothing ?

Dashcentral gives the money, dashcentral should get the updates (it doesn't prevent from them broadcasting to other channel, but if there is one to choose, that should be that one) !

Dashcentral gives nothing, its only 3'rd party site which present dash network data + option to write messages.

I believe Charlie Shrem promised that the Dashpaycard would be available by the end of August.

Well it still isn't out. He really should put out an update to explain the current position before everyone cries scam.
If I learned one thing in 40 years in the computer industry and business in general, it was that silence on a project is extremely bad news.
If customers, clients or users are informed of delays and the reasons for them then they are more prepared to accept them.
Apart from that it is just common courtesy to keep everyone informed.

Is there no one in charge of supervising these projects?

Every funded proposal should create a new thread in separate spot for updates on dash central. That would be great.

I have some updates to send out soon and i don't feel like there is a right place to do it.
This is really great idea to make one specific place for funded projects. So can everybody see all updates and proof of work in one place.

I'm almost ready to publish an update to my proposal. I have no problem reposting on Dashcentral and slack, but you cannot just create a thread on Dashcentral that I can see. Anyone know where? I think here is better than Slack. Slack is honestly kind of a mess of scrolling.

I'm almost ready to publish an update to my proposal. I have no problem reposting on Dashcentral and slack, but you cannot just create a thread on Dashcentral that I can see. Anyone know where? I think here is better than Slack. Slack is honestly kind of a mess of scrolling.

I agree that right now, the forum is best. Crossposting/linking the forum update on dashcentral (as a comment on the original proposal discussion) can be helpful too. Slack only to notify/point to the update if you want

Back