• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

What formula is used to calculate Dash mining profitability?

erotavlas

Hi,
I'm new of this forum. I searched a lot on the web about the formula used to calculate Dash mining profitability without success. I know that the general formula for the cryptocurrency is the following:
Daily reward ≈ blockDay * blockReward * userHashRate/(networkHashRate)
For the main cryptocurrencies I know the following formulas:
  • Bitcoin and Litecoin ≈ userHashRate/(difficulty*2^32)*blockReward*3600*hashFactor (hashFactor=24)
  • Ethereum and Monero ≈ userHashRate/difficulty*blockReward*3600*hashFactor (hashFactor = 24)
  • Zcash ≈ userHashRate/(difficulty*solsPerDiff)*blockReward*3600*hashFactor (sollsPerDiff = 8192, hashFactor=24)
I know that coin generation fluctuates over time. However, how do the various website estimate it?
Thank you

Hi,
finally, I found the answer to my question. The originality of Dash cryptocurrency is its dynamic block reward (search it on reddit) that changes according to a fixed network hash rate value of 79 GH/s (increased and reduced in order to compensate the hash rate).
The formula for Dash is: Dash ≈ userHashRate/(difficulty*1.024*2^22)*blockReward*3600*hashFactor (hashFactor=24).
I found empirically this formula and it agrees with the values provided by all the main websites with profitability estimation as coinwarz.

Best Regards,
Salvatore

Hi,
finally, I found the answer to my question. The originality of Dash cryptocurrency is its dynamic block reward (search it on reddit) that changes according to a fixed network hash rate value of 79 GH/s (increased and reduced in order to compensate the hash rate).
The formula for Dash is: Dash ≈ userHashRate/(difficulty*1.024*2^22)*blockReward*3600*hashFactor (hashFactor=24).
I found empirically this formula and it agrees with the values provided by all the main websites with profitability estimation as coinwarz.

Best Regards,
Salvatore

Dear Salvatore,

I would like to thank you for having answered your question.
I've checked your formula without having figured it out why you introduce the 3600 (presumably seconds), you want to forecast an hour of reward?
Do you know where to find a good api feed of the blockReward for the DASH?

thank you
Stefano

Hi Stefano,
as I wrote in the formula: hashFactor=24 stands for hours and 3600 stand for seconds per hour.
Regarding the blockReward you can take look at they have API for this. Moreover, blockReward for Dash is quite stable over time. I just saw one change since last July.

Best Regards,
Salvatore

Hi Salvatore,
thank you for your answer, I used to fetch the data not directly from the DASH explorer, instead from WTM (whattomine) unfortunately updates and upgrades sometimes leave the service down
grazie

best,

Stefano

Back