• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Wallet Encryption Corrupted?

Cerrone

Hi there,
I was wondering if someone here has encountered the same issue as me or if this situation, as I see it, is even possible. I have some Dash sitting on my QT wallet, its been there or a couple years now. I can't seem to unlock the wallet to move my Dash. I have a password written down in multiple locations but it doesn't seem to be working. I am almost certain that this is the password I set for my Dashcore wallet as there is nothing else this password is used for. I made sure to make it a unique password to prevent the risk of any compromise.
Is it possible for there to have been some sort of corruption with the wallet to cause an issue like this? The computer the wallet is on is not used for anything else as I bought it specifically for the purpose crypto. I've tried the usual fixes like repairing the wallet and importing the wallet to a different PC etc. Any advice would be much appreciated as I am fresh out of ideas.
Thanks in advance!
Cerrone

Hi there,
I was wondering if someone here has encountered the same issue as me or if this situation, as I see it, is even possible. I have some Dash sitting on my QT wallet, its been there or a couple years now. I can't seem to unlock the wallet to move my Dash. I have a password written down in multiple locations but it doesn't seem to be working. I am almost certain that this is the password I set for my Dashcore wallet as there is nothing else this password is used for. I made sure to make it a unique password to prevent the risk of any compromise.
Is it possible for there to have been some sort of corruption with the wallet to cause an issue like this? The computer the wallet is on is not used for anything else as I bought it specifically for the purpose crypto. I've tried the usual fixes like repairing the wallet and importing the wallet to a different PC etc. Any advice would be much appreciated as I am fresh out of ideas.
Thanks in advance!
Cerrone

sorry to hear
but
the wallet/computer does NOT change the encryption itself - it has to come from the user (you)
are u sure u are using /trying the correct wallet.dat file ?
caps locked ?

What specific error are you receiving when you try to unlock the wallet? Which version of Dash Core are you using?

Back